• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

2018 NE Area Activity Planning

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
As a grass-root, member driven, volunteer club, COG needs your help in the planning and execution our Northeast activities that will bring members in your region together to ride or socialize. More people planning activities provides more activity choices throughout the year. It also adds diversity to the activities. It is fairly simple to organize day activities. All you need is an idea or a destination in mind, and select a date. Then contact contact me or any Northeast Area staff member to get rolling.

Now is a perfect time to begin giving thought to club activity for the 2018 Event Calendar. Reflect on the great roads you’ve ridden or a favorite restaurant found during a ride (we all love to eat, right?). These can easily be used to as a basis for a ride or meet & greet. It doesn't matter if you've never hosted an activity before and any member can do it. The NE Staff is here to guide and assist you, as well as get the activity on the COG event calendar. The earlier an activity is planned and put on the calendar the more time there is to get the word out. In my experience, Spring activities should be posted on the calendar by the end of January to get the best exposure.

I just updated the NE events page and was amazed to see so many events already on the calendar for 2018.  Kudos to everyone who is thumbing their nose at winter and getting their planning done early!

Got a great idea for a ride or event for the MA,NH,ME,VT area for the 2018 season?  Well let's hear it!  Come to our End of Year Social tomorrow at the Horseshoe Pub in Hudson MA.  Don't forget to sign up so we have a head count for the restaurant staff.  Check the calendar for all the details.  Hope to see you there!