• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

86 C10/GPZ900 hybrid FREE

talonl

BUILD ALBUM:
https://imgur.com/a/ARDO79U

Hello everyone!  I got a new bike and am moving soon so the old lump has to go.  Currently located in Phoenix, AZ

Ran when parked a few months ago, seafoam in tank.

Major issue:
gas leak from inter-carburetor O ring when running (cheap fix) but it'll keep you from riding it home

minor issues (it has been a few months so these are just the ones I remember):
Patched rear tire
leaky fork seals
oil goes a bit grey after a thousand miles or so, maybe blowby? never done a compression test

overall ran really well and would keep up with a modern 600 in a straight line, rode it all over the place as my daily.

also looks rad as heck.

Comes with a zl900 bevel drive if you want it, I never got around to installing.

2zJpBcb.jpg

aldFIhf.jpg

I don't really know how much it's worth because it's the only one that exists, so IT'S FREE.  Moving soon, gotta get rid of it so come and get it!

good luck with sale. I love that thing, ratty/cool devil may care look to it. If i were closer id def be interested.  >:D

That had to be one of the baddest looking mods to the C-10, IMHO
Very sweet. Almost makes me want to start looking for GPZ fairing parts :)
I see the build pics but did you do a write up? :great:

connie_rider said:
Geez, I wish I were nearer to you.  :-[
Always liked the way you did your bike.

Ride safe, Ted
Aw come on Ted.......you know you want it! ;D

Somebody please go get it. This is killing me. It'd cost me $3000 in airfare and shipping!  :-\ :'( :mad:

How come this beauty is still available?

My family lives in Phoenix, and I'm tempted to ask them to have a hold of this, while I get there early October

I've got a month or so left on the lease where the bike is, after that I'll have to do something drastic and heartbreaking.  Hopefully someone can grab it!

Always liked your build.
If I were nearer, I'd be headed that way.
  But I'm in Houston.

You need some COG help.
  Does anyone know people near Talon?
  There are 5 COGgers in Phoenix, and 27 in Arizona.
      I suspect their not forum watchers.
  Pass the word to them..

Ride safe, Ted

connie_rider said:
Always liked your build.
If I were nearer, I'd be headed that way.
  But I'm in Houston.

You need some COG help.
  Does anyone know people near Talon?
  There are 5 COGgers in Phoenix, and 27 in Arizona.
      I suspect their not forum watchers.
  Pass the word to them..

Ride safe, Ted
you wusss.. get on..
send me the number and details by  p/m (NOT an e-mil) to respond.. man, thinkin' bout a 1k+ trip has me Johnesing but whatever... always loved what ya did

Not sure which Map your using?
From my house to Phoenix is 1200 miles..
From yours to Phoenix would prolly be over 2000 miles.
  And we have this little Virus thing that's making travel err difficult..  :??:

Ride safe, Ted

Hi Talon,.

That is a great-looking bike. I would be happy to provide it a home. I will send you a DM and we will make arrangements to take it home with me.

Thanks,
Cdawg

I have truck in Phoenix area, and will travel. Is this thing still available? Bike reminds me of the mid 80s Nighthawk, loved those back in the day.

543fa45b70d9b96ea3178dd5292b3fea.jpg

Ya know Ted and I were discussing the GPZ900 after I saw this thread and I was going to put money down that the the bike Tom Cruise road in Top Gun was the 1986 Interceptor 1000. Obviously, Ted's grin would of been bigger after that bet. ::)

ScreenHunter_01-Jan.-17-17.15-600x354.jpg

My buddy in high school had one and let me take it out a few times. Almost got a ticket once, but they couldn't catch me. Don't judge, I was 16. :motonoises:

This is a great read, make sure you read down through the comments where the guy did marketing for the Ninja, great story.
Need for Speed

Enjoy the bike CDawg.....

Cdawg, {as I called you and had you contact Talon} if you opt not to go forward with the bike.
                              I HAVE DIB's!!

Ride safe, Ted