• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

92055-1106 RING-O,FORK AIR TUBE

Mercer

Anyone have a size reference or source for early model air tube o-rings? Have a leak and all sources say discontinued part so far in searching!

Haven't been able to rind size, but there are some on ebay...
Do a search in google for
Kawasaki o ring 92055-1106

They pop up, but I can't say they are "all" correct unless packaged with Kaw sticker on it..
https://www.ebay.com/p/Kawasaki-NOS-OEM-Front-Fork-O-Ring-Zn1300-Zg1000-P-n-92055-1106/754333940

If you do find one, please take it to someone in your local area that sells o rings, and seals (not jus a parts dealer, but someone with an o ring measuring spike) and supply the size they give you as measured...
And we can find a source for future use..
I have some tucked away somewhere, but I probably wouldn't find them for weeks if I started looking.

Are yours leaking?
Not holding air, or is it an oil leak? Oil should not be an issue, as the normal oil level should be below them iirc...
If the air is not holding, I know the ride is mushy, and totally uncomfortable.. even tho its only 7psi max, it is an issue.

All truth told, I would suggest you forget about using the "air assist" on the rorks, as they are old, and tends to cause failure in old bikes of the fork seal, which is a pain...
You can do away with the air portion, by purchasing the Progressive Fork springs, available from Murph's kits.. they arnt expensive, and once you replace the springs, there is no need for the air feature, or crossover tube, and you can seal the holes in the fork tube using a strip of bike innertube, and a hose clamp over each hole... that is what I've done on all my pre 94 bikes, it is an improvement over the existing spring and air combo, without breaking the bank $$

Lee said:
Sounds like good advice a 4 x $15 for seals is just about the new spring price!

Once you add in shipping for the rings, its about an even break to just respring,
https://www.murphskits.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_97&products_id=52&osCsid=78UV4nKl7IBKu9Ys4hSig1

Your fork slider seals will thank you for it also, as they won't be presurized any longer, and will hold up for another lifetime... :great:

Just be sure to do the fork oil level using the original OEM method, with forks extended, and springs not inserted, it should be 355mm down the tube, (13.98 inches, but 14" won't be catastrophic..) , . Pump the forks up and down to expel any trapped airnin the valving if the forks were drained during this service... and recheck the levels again.
And iirc (been a while) you don't reinstall the metal tubular top spacer.. I have to check mine, but I think I didn't haveto use them.