• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A day without rain

brady

Moped
WHAT A DAY!! After weeks of rain and yuk the stars aligned and I was able to get out for a few hours today. I took one of my favorite short rides about 75 miles round trip. Hopped on 205 north then got off at hwy 212 with an amazing view of Mt Hood took that through Damascus then Boring then cruzed up to Sandy where I headed south on Hwy 211 to Estacada. All around me were rolling sweepers and wide open fields. Once in Estacada I headed west down one of my favorite local roads the Clackamas River Road. It's about a 10 mile stretch of nice corners and amazing scenery over looking the Clackamas River. From there I headed home back to Tualatin. 80 miles in total but for January I'll take it. Today was a rare sunny,warm ,dry day here in Oregon. I know the rain will come back soon and it will still be a few months until this kind of weather is a daily thing, but what a treat it was today. All I can say it that today was Amazing! Brady Portland,OR
VisitedStatesMap2.jpg
1999 Concours--COG#9006 MSF RiderCoach since 2005 "The most important modification you can make to any motorcycle is to improve the skills of its rider"
Christmas2009153.jpg
[/img]
Christmas2009153.jpg
[/img]

When we live in the great northwest we take what we can get. been enjoying my 4 miles commute all week. "If it hasn't killed me yet, it's runnin out of time" COG # 8062 AMA # 1084053 ROMA or Scarlet harlot acording to my wife