• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

A9 thermostat and rad cap...

Just been looking at renovating the cooling side of my A9, after fitting a rebuilt head and carbs etc.
I'm blown away by the prices tho!
The thermostat is £40 with seal, the radiator cap another £30...what a ripoff! So, I'm asking if anyone has found any alternatives?  :eek:
The rad cap is tiny and looks very similar to my Toyota MRS/Roadster one, and the thermostat again looks just like a small car part, I'd pay £12 for both  :rotflmao:

Thats a helpful link, thanks...sadly cannot match the part numbers here in the UK, for the rad cap or the stat.
I've found a stat and seal on the GPZ Zone, they list the Ninja 900R as the same, about £20, so getting better!
You know when something is eating away in your memory, but you cannot recall it.....I found out what it was  :-\ 

My Isuzu Trooper 4x4, 3.0 diesel, has an identical rad cap. I replaced it a few months back, just as part of a full service, and kept the old one  ;D
The sizes are all identical, and the pressure is 1.1 Bar which is spot on, fits perfectly, just tried it. I'll only know for sure once its rebuilt and running, I'll keep you posted: At £3.77 its worth a try  :great:

Thermostat fits 82 honda accord, just cut the metal dangley thingy off. Stock is 180, I ran a 195, it worked better, especially in the cooler weather. I used a Stant "SuperStat". Better guts in it compared to "good enough".

My bike didn't have any O ring left..just builders silicone! I've ordered a genuine O ring, and a few coolant hoses, from the UK main dealer, I get 20% trade discount which really helps  :great:
Will soon have the bike running again, I'll then add the stat and rad cap, will be back soon  ;D