• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Accessory Power Lead on ZX14

azc14

Training Wheels
I think some of you have owned zx14s.

where/what can I use as a source for connecting radar detector, GPS, etc. (excluding direct connect to the battery).

I want to have some of the amenities of my C14 on this bike also!!
thanks

Although the Concours14 and ZX14 are very similar bikes. They do have differences. We know that the C14 has front and rear accessory leads. But does they ZX14?  Probably the best person to ask would be Privateer . He owns and rides a nicely modified ZX14. I'm sure he will know if know one else comes along first, to answer your question.

Some put the sockets in the ram air covers near the instrument cluster. Not a big fan of that, you have to solder in a quick disconnect or the cover will have to dangle everytime you want to remove the cowling.

Here is what I did. It has 2x BMW sockets, each heat controlled by a Kustom Komfort variable controller, plus a variable for my grips. My machinist friend could always make another. It mounts with a ram mount in the steering stem.

Most of the wires in the picture are gone now, I was experimenting with speakers, which I didn't like.

Pictures of my ZX14 in post below, ZX14 Super-Concours Express

It will be at the National sometime Monday morning, August 8th.

Attachments

• pod1.jpg
    pod1.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 131