• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Air filter... what type/brand are you using?

dhomas19909939

Just bought my new to me 99 Connie, noticed it's got a k@n reusable air filter. (And a crack in the intake air box) is this caused from the filter ,what type do you guys use???

Just bought my new to me 99 Connie, noticed it's got a k@n reusable air filter. (And a crack in the intake air box) is this caused from the filter ,what type do you guys use???
Pretty certain theres some threads about cracked c10 airboxes and fixes for them. I believe sisf has a mod for the airbox as well...

This is what I have been using for the past few replacements. They fit perfectly.

Thanks
This is what I have been using for the past few replacements. They fit perfectly.

Thanks I'll give that one a shot.

I bought a OEM Kawasaki filter. I read to many stories about cracking the air box using anything but OEM. So that is what I bought. Went in easy I'am happy

I've been using an Emgo filter but as said you can still use the K&N but shave down the wedge that slips in to prevent damage . Also be sure not to over oil the K&N . A very light spritz is all you need .