• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Amber or green?

Wizeguy

Attendees to Colin's wrench session this past Saturday (don't remember who first noticed it) will recall that we all saw something I have not seen discussed before. While Kevin's Connie was being re-assembled, it was noticed that his '97 had amber colored lenses on the dash for his turn signal indicators. Without exception, every other post-93 Connie in attendance had green lenses. Anyone know what gives with that? Does Kevin's bike have a foreign (GTR) dash? Or was this a fluke for a certain model year(s)? Just curious if anyone knows the deal! Mike B / Gig Harbor, WA

Well, maybe your bikes were just green with envy? :) yuk-yuk-yuk. But seriously, it was a great session, I learned a lot! Very thankful for everyone that "played" with my baby. Kevin

Yes that is a weird one indeed, every post 93 bike at the tech session had green lenses and kevins 97 has amber. I do like the amber lenses, they seem like they would get your attention when you leave the blinker on... btw Kevin, how is your bike running?

Absolutely great. I thought it ran pretty good before, but, after your walk through of the valve adjustments, and the carb synchro by Jim, it just purred all the way home. I noticed a slight increase in my low end torque, and seemed to run smoother at speed on the freeway. Thanks again for the explanation, and the help. It really took the mystery out of the valve adjustments!

My '98 had the amber t/s lens indicator. The '01 has the green. I find that the green is not as noticeable and I leave the signal on more often. Dan P, 'no ones damn biz where I decide to turn..'

I've had 2 98's. both have the amber. Steve Shleper of the 7th gear unit and performance exhaust cam sprockets. My bike - "SHOODABEN" - 1109cc's of what an 04 concours "shoodaben"!