• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Americade 2013

terrynyc

Anyone planning on attending this years festivities?  I'll be in the area for the week again this year, maybe we can have a get together or ride.  Drop a post and let me get an idea of who might be attending.

Will be there with my grandson, who'll be on his '85 Nighthawk, Wed. 5 & Thurs. 6. May stay one more day if something interesting happens.....

Will stay at the Panorama motel, as usual, in Hampton, NY., 40 min. away, but quiet and good rates, much better than in LG.

Ray.

I may finally get there in 2015  :rotflmao:

Need a checkmark for Americade on the bucket list. 2014 is the checkmark for "modern" Sturgis (Japanese bikes mostly not getting set on fire.... ), having drinks with a famous Suicide Girl, and participating in COG events in all the regions in a one year period.  :great: :motonoises:

BUMP!

Well thats one! :)

Make sure you have my contact info while there and feel free tocall me if we don't get something nailed down.

We will be there the 7th thru 9th. Staying in Saratoga Springs (25 min) away.  Planning a Saturday trip down into the Northwest corner of Massachusetts then straight up the center of Vermont along the Green Mountains on 100 to 4 then back to Lake George.  Was there last year and had a great time.  Hope to see more Coger's this time.

Well if it doesn't cause his wife to have a coronary we could do a meet and greet at his palatial estate or a ride.  I'll keep checking in as time goes by.

I'll be there Sunday to Saturday. Staying in a cabin in Warrensburg about 30 mins north. 4th year in a row for me, 7th for group I'm going with.

BTW this is a great way for new members to stick their toe in the water so to speak and find out what this COG thing is all about without having to deal with the whole rally thing so keep it in mind if you're in the area. ;)

We are working out the details in my local riding group now so will keep you in the loop when we know more.

Anybody looking for a roomie? I might be able to make it up there for a few days, but can't do the whole week. PM me if interested!

I may head over for one of the days.  I'm only 1 hour away  :great: 

If anyone camps, I do have lawn space!

I will confer with my local contact while at the Spring Fling and definitely post the final plan.  Stay tuned!

I'm thinking of doing something on Thursday so far.  A ride if the weather is nice or a meet and greet if not.  We can all hang in Scotty's garage mahal and watch the liquid sunshine!

Cap'n Bob said:
What, a party at Scottys. Screw the Americade. Maybe I'll come up for the party.  :06:

Hmmm if Norma's not in a good mood maybe that isn't the first experience we want for new COGgers.... ;)

For those of you who have not yet made reservations for Americade, I highly recommend Northward Ho! Resort. It.s family owned and operated, biker friendy and only 8 miles north of hectic Lake George village.

Check it out at www.northwardho.com.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

I'll be staying just south of LG in Queensbury at the lovely Sorger estate.  Be advised lodging gets less available the closer to town you get.  Most if not all town motels are booked solid for the week barring bad weather bailouts.  I'd call well ahead for available rooms.

Okay D day will be Thursday folks.  If the weather is good we'll meet at the Mobil station right off of the northway on Rt 9N for an 8am(ish) departure and take a nice ride up to Lake Placid and Saranac Lake with a lunch stop at the Tail o the Pup BBQ.  Now if the weather is less than inviting that will probably morph into a meet and greet at Scott Sorger's Garage Mahal in Queensbury.  If its a meet and greet kind of day any small snack or beverage you could contribute would be swell.  Just remember that those on 2 wheels should stick to the non alcoholic variety.

My cell number is 917-837-6634 for any last minute questions.

Thursday AM 8ish sounds like a plan! I should be there barring the unforseen.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

So far thurs afternoon should be my arrival time so i will be too late but if this changes i'll let you know ! If there's a gathering in the evening i would be there !

K folks if the weather is iffy feel free to call me on Wednesday for final confirmation.  Right now it looks like we may be riding but we all know how the weather is up there.  If the weather craps out, meet time will be 1pm Thursday at Scott Sorgers place.  18 John Clendon Rd, Queensbury, NY.  Bring a nosh if you can.

Ya'll have fun!  A little birdie tells me that the folks with RoadRunner magazine will be attending the rally riding a Connie...and coming home with a 2013 model to test drive.  So look out for Florian Neuhauser and give him a shout while you are there.

K folks I'll be heading north tomorrow so if you need to reach me give me a text or call.  See you there!

Terrynyc said:
K folks I'll be heading north tomorrow so if you need to reach me give me a text or call.  See you there!

Have a safe trip Terry !! I think i am now going over on wed so i should be able to join the ride !!

Terrynyc said:
K folks if the weather is iffy feel free to call me on Wednesday for final confirmation.  Right now it looks like we may be riding but we all know how the weather is up there.  If the weather craps out, meet time will be 1pm Thursday at Scott Sorgers place.  18 John Clendon Rd, Queensbury, NY.  Bring a nosh if you can.

"Bring a nosh if you can."

I didn't know you were Yiddish.    :))

Oy gevalt!  I worked in Brighton Beach for 8 years and I picked up some things moshe!  ;)

OK the ride is a go for tomorrow the rain is holding off till the afternoon it seems so we'll see you there at 8ish.  BTW I'll be riding a lender steed, seems I fried a rear wheel bearing causing some considerable havoc to my rear wheel!  :'(

Not to worry the local dealer should have it rectified by Friday afternoon.  :)

Terry- Thanks for arranging the Lake Placid ride. I enjoyed myself and the roads were great as always even with a bit of moisture on them. Nice to meet new folks too!
See you at Big K's.

Tom Taylor COG#7173

Oy - looks like some multi-day farkatke weather? Feh!!!

Terrynyc said:
Oy gevalt!  I worked in Brighton Beach for 8 years and I picked up some things moshe!  ;)

OK the ride is a go for tomorrow the rain is holding off till the afternoon it seems so we'll see you there at 8ish.  BTW I'll be riding a lender steed, seems I fried a rear wheel bearing causing some considerable havoc to my rear wheel!  :'(

Not to worry the local dealer should have it rectified by Friday afternoon.  :)

Passed by 2 Concours returning eastbound together RT.2  Ma. Fri. in the Torrent rain 1- Silver 1- Black. 
Myself and a Black FJR were headin out there. We made it up to Placid and White Face Mt. also.
Have some pics.,but must be too big to load .

Weather was slightly uncooperative after lunch but all in all a great day!  I always love the roads in the Adirondacks and look forward to the fall rally.  Unfortunately I had more than weather problems.  Fried a rear wheel bearing on Wed (maybe earlier...and I rode 220 miles that day! :-\) and my baby was out of commission till Friday after noon when we got the wheel back from the dealer.  Hell it coulda been MUCH worse!  Thankfully I got to ride Scotty's ST1300 for the ride...talk about a road sofa compared to my FZ-1.  See you all out there!