• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Are there any connectors to Tap off 12V under the seat ????

JJPSUPERDAD

Training Wheels
Would anyone know if they supply any extra connectors? I would like to plug our WARM GEAR connector somewhere  under the seat, so my wife has warmer clothes. Riding North east is cooling down now!

Our 2004 concours had extra connectors female spade connectors !

I am not sure here and do not want to mess anything up its to new !

There are some accessory leads under the ECU at the rear of the bike that provide switched power. You'll probably have to remove the tool box and maybe even lift up the ECU to find them. On the 08/09 bikes, I believe they are fused at 10 amps, and I think even less on the 10/11/&12 bikes. I don't know what your electric gear draws, but if it's over 10 amps, you'll probably want to run new leads for it directly back to the battery.

I've got a photo gallery on line showing some pictures of the location of the acc leads:

http://www.pbase.com/fredharmon/accleads

I agree with Fred. The 2008-09 bikes have a 10 Amp accessory circuit fuse for that circuit (which includes the front & rear accessory plugs and dash outlet.) The 2010 - 11 bikes only have a 5 amp circuit. Your heated gear may overload the circuit. I agree with Fred to probably go another route. Either directly wiring to the battery or an auxiliary fuse block may be a better way to go.

The battery is not far from there,  you can run a (FUSED) pigtail directly to the battery for the clothing,  putting aside the amperage for a second, the wires that they provide are pretty thin gauge.  I'd be worried about the wires themselves heating up under that kind of draw..(even if they are fused for it)

If you really want the heated gear to be switched, then use the accessory leads to power a relay...

I can attest to the low amp rating of the accessory socket circuit on my 2011. Yesterday, I had a puncture in the front tire . I found a nail imbedded in the tread, so I took out my 12 volt compressor and plugged it in to the accessory plug, and promptly blew the fuse. I found a cager to let me plug into his cig lighter socket, then aired the tire up to 45 psi, and went searching for a tire. I got great service from Greeson Kawasaki in Hot Springs, but they did not have any of my top 3 choices of tires, and NO rear tire that was a match, so I just got a Pilot Power 2CT front skin ($114) and an oil  and final drive fluid change, AND a Fulmer 3/4 helmet for my new gf, AND they replaced the blown fuse- they were so nice to me that I just kept adding things to my bill!! Greesons is a really nice dealership, and I believe that the owners ( husband/wife) were the ones waiting on me.

Yeah, that's why I made a adapter cord to run my compressor off the Gerbings plug, rather than the accessories socket.