• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

August 18 Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride Carlisle PA

Russell W Fleming

Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride
Carlisle PA
All makes and brands Motorcycles Welcome
Sunday August 18, 2013
Meet for Breakfast at 9 am at the IRON SKILLET
At the PETRO truck stop in Carlisle PA
1201 Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle PA
GPS Coordinates N 40-13.903 W 077-08.551
There will be 9 rides to choose from 150 to 240 miles long
All rides end at the Middlesex Diner in Carlisle PA
1 of the rides will be a mix of PAVED AND UNPAVED ROADS
CONTACT PERSONS
Concours Owners Group Russell W Fleming 410-374-9687 fleming@qis.net
Yamaha FJR Randy Sinisi 717-439-3814 Rsinisi6@cs.com
BMWBMW Eddie Phelps  410-781-7521 epbp2ride@verizon.net
BMWDCR & Suzuki V Strom Mike Montville 717-540-1876 mjmontville@yahoo.com
COG PA  Greg Puterbaugh 717-632-3324  pbaugh1@comcast.net

Here is the list of rides to choose from.

PA Route 125 Deals Gap of PA that is 215 miles long by Frank Davidowski
Bedford County Ride that is 240 miles long by Greg Puterbaugh COG
5-County Ride that is 190 miles long by Randy Sinisi FJR
Gettysburg Ride that is 145 miles long by Greg Puterbaugh COG
Route 235 Ride that is 170 miles long by Russell Fleming COG
Orchard Ride that is 135 miles long by Russell Fleming COG
4 States ride that is 190 miles long by Eddie Phelps BMW
Raystown Lake Ride 200 miles long by Frederick Huganir BMW
Dual Sport Ride that is 145 miles long by Mike Montville V Strom
Dual Sport Ride will be guided by Mike and will LEAVE at 9:45 or if you like there will be a GPS file or roll chart.

Russell,
I am trying to get my neighbor, and another friend to go with me. My S O may make the trip as well.
Matt

I have to take my daughter back to school on Sunday. I'll see you guys on the next one.

I think Jack is still going.

Hmmmmm - I'm not normally into group rides but I might do this :motonoises:

I live 4 miles from the meeting point and I'm pretty sure Im familiar with alll but the dirt roads .....

Brad
This is not a group ride you can pick which route you want and ride it on your own and at your own pace. I will make a bet that you don't know all of the roads. There is over 1500 mile of different routes and they go in all different directions. I have people that have ridden with me for 35 years and they can't believe that I am find different route and road for them to ride.

Brad
If you can't make Sunday keep the date October 13 for the C14 ride that I will be posting next week.
That way you can meet other C14 riders and I will be riding by then. On the 8th I had double hernia repair and of the motorcycle for a few weeks.

I freed up my Sunday and the weather looks great.  Count me in.  See you at 9 AM.
Steve

I was really looking forward to this ride,however,they are now calling for 50% chance of rain,mostly in the morning,and scattered showers throughout the day. I'm gonna have to pass on this one.I hope the weather man is wrong,but being a fair weather rider,I'm not going to chance it ,,,,,,,,,,,

yes,I have gotten  a fair share of whimping out today,rain has been down graded to 30% now,see what it's like in the morning,I really don't want to miss this ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Slayer,
Like the Nike saying JUST DO IT!!
Matt
I'm going, i'm not a current owner of wet gear either. If it rains I get wet, if it don't I won't, either way I am gonna enjoy the ride. Thankfully the intercom to the GF has an off switch!!!

Matt,I don't have wet gear myself,but me staying dry today,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it was raining at 4:30AM here,just sprinkles,but by 6AM it was raining and I pulled the plug,  :'(  : .I guess the weather decided to go with the 50% chance of wet.
I hated to miss this,good thing I got in 175 miles yesterday.Sport Touring Camaraderie Ride 2 on the horizon ?    :motonoises:

Slayer,
It was a wet ride and Me with no wet gear. Fortunately it was just spitting and such for the most part, behind my Cal Sci I stayed pretty much dry. Had a good time and met another rider who lives only a few minutes from me! You shoulda gone! I rode about 320 miles today. It was a good day!
Matt

Russell,
As always, a great job putting it all together. Considering the weather I think 20 riders is a pretty great turnout! I am anxiously awaiting your next planned rides! Thanks for everything you do for all of us. I for one really appreciate it.
Matt