• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

back in the saddle

postrucks

Moped
started out this summer on a road trip with some buddies to Colorado on my 78 GoldWing. About a hour into the trip blew a head gasket....so I stopped at the local dealer looking for parts. "What! no parts in stock for a 31 year old bike", well I did what anyone else would do and bought a red 2009 Concours. It was a awesome bike until.... on the way home from work a guy in a white car decides to take my lane in a tunnel. I'm in the right lane with no where to go. I get hit on the left and go down on the right side at about 60 mph. Slid and tumbled about 100 ft, bike went further. It was a total loss. So I was at the dealer where the bike was towed to and they had this black 09 and the next thing I know I'm taking it home.

Attachments

• 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 79
  • black beauty 009.JPG
    black beauty 009.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 606.JPG
    606.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
I'm glad that your OK. It is a shame that that pretty Red had to be replaced. But hey now that you have black, you will get to spend more time cleaning it.  :))  All kidding aside, I'm glad your still with us. Better yet, you decided to keep riding. It doesn't matter what you ride (or what color). It's that you ride! But the truth be told. I would not have thought bad about you had you decided not to ride anymore after that. But I'm just glad you didn't give up!    8)

Also glad to hear your ok, that sounds like it could have been much worse.

I applaud :clap: your determination to get back on the bike and ride.  Lets hope you can keep the black one longer than the red one. 

Glad your fine, as you see the bike can be replaced. Maybe your first farkle on this one should be LOUD HORNS.

postrucks said:
I'm in the right lane with no where to go. I get hit on the left and go down on the right side at about 60 mph. Slid and tumbled about 100 ft, bike went further. It was a total loss. So I was at the dealer where the bike was towed to and they had this black 09 and the next thing I know I'm taking it home.
Dude, you have the heart of a lion, glad your OK, welcome aboard

thanks fellas. Riding is a big deal to me, just glad my wife is still supportive.  Joe, thinking about the stebel horns. The black one has a two brothers muffler that is almost harley loud.

postrucks said:
thanks fellas. Riding is a big deal to me, just glad my wife is still supportive.  Joe, thinking about the stebel horns. The black one has a two brothers muffler that is almost harley loud.

You can get the insert for the two brothers slip on, that does quiet it down. It's still noticeably louder than the OEM can. But the TB does look much better than the ugly azz Howitzer that Kawasaki designed for the C14.  But the OEM can is quiet. So I personally tend to put up with the ugly, for the quiet. 

Really happy to hear you are OK. ;) and back on a bike.  It's great to have a spouse that understands how much riding means to us.  Had my first crash in 40+ years early this summer and had great support from my lovely lady for getting another bike.  That's how I got my 2011 Connie! 8).

I have the TB now and had them on my ST that was totalled.  The inserts make a difference without getting ride of that nice throaty growl.  I like it.

Haven't put many miles on the black one yet but I have noticed that it
1) handles better, it doesn't feel nearly as heavy in the turns. This could be because it has a PR2 front tire as opposed to a Dunlop Q2 on the red one. Or it could be that it is because it is lowered 2" by the previous owner. I"m putting back to stock height so I will see how it handles after that.
2) it runs harder in acceleration. It does have the two brothers pipe and can on it and supposedly a power commander (I looked for it but can't see it. Can someone point me in the right direction).