• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Barbers Registration

Just got the email. So, who's going? I may make it this year. Haven't been the last couple so maybe it's time!

Ill be there running around somewhere during the days

Attachments

• Meme-4.jpg
    Meme-4.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 137
I plan to be there since I missed last year do to illness. With Kurts kitchen and all the adult beverages you can't beat this event. MOTORCYCLE OVERDOSE!!!!

I just got back from a week of off road riding in the Hatfield McCoy trails and so I am going to not go this year to Barber and instead head back up to West Virginia to do some more riding up there.
I have not missed  a Vintage Weekend for the last 6 or so years it is that good but then again  so is the Hatfield McCoys

What camping area does a person sign up for? I'm a virgin at the camping thing there. Fresh meat for y'all. 

Iffn I do this at the tail end of the COG Trifecta does that make it a quadfecta?

On TDY near Crater Lake National Park.

SteveJ. said:
What camping area does a person sign up for? I'm a virgin at the camping thing there. Fresh meat for y'all. 

Iffn I do this at the tail end of the COG Trifecta does that make it a quadfecta?

Camp area "B"    Tickets go  on sale at 10:00 am EDST June 5th

COGnosticator said:
SteveJ. said:

Camp area "C"    Tickets go  on sale at 10:00 am EDST June 5th

Lot B is where we camp, not C.

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
SteveJ. said:

Hmmmm...

MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
SteveJ. said:

Damnit, I knew I was going to be wrong  :-[

SteveJ. said:
MotoCommuter said:
COGnosticator said:
SteveJ. said:

Damn,sorry bout that Chief  :-[

Hmmmm...

I'm passing on this one (again). We've got tickets to see Phil Collins' "Not Dead Yet Tour" in Las Vegas later that month. I can't have TOO much fun yet, because I'm not retired...  ;D    It's part of our "Spending our kids' inheritance plan."

COGnosticator said:
Son of a b****, $80 to camp there now.  :truce:

Jerry, when I just looked, it says $60 for camping. Still pricey for a piece of dirt! Who's in for this before I commit?

Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:

Jerry, when I just looked, it says $60 for camping. Still pricey for a piece of dirt! Who's in for this before I commit?

I've added a COG calendar event for us to sign up so we know who is attending.

http://www.cog-online.org/ClubPortal/EventDetailPublic2.cfm?clubID=1328&eventID=252089

This helps with bringing the food for dinner and knowing how many spots we will need to have on Thursday.

Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:

After the fees, shipping and tax, it will be $80, trust me as I have already signed up

COGnosticator said:
Eddie-FL said:
COGnosticator said:

After the fees, shipping and tax, it will be $80, trust me as I have already signed up

Ah...I hadn't thought of that. Damn, this motorcycle fun gets expensive!

Wife and I are signed up for camping in the "B" lot.
We plan to pull in early Friday morning to get a good space. Probably taking the cage and not riding.

This is truly the absolute best motorcycle event I've ever attended. Tons of vintage bikes on the track, on display, parked around the perimeter road, racing on the track, the museum, camp ground shenanigans and great COG friends, what more could you ask for.
Okay, lots of beer. :beerchug:

See you there!

Ordered Tix and camping passes yesterday. Will be there.  No broken leg and no work issues are going to get in the way this year.

Kim, Phil, Mark, Jerry, Bill and everyone else, it's shaping up to be a most excellent time!

Gates open at 11am CT on Thursday.

Communicated with Randy, he has purchased his camping pass and will be in attendance. He passed the info along to Cliff, FYI both are in Canada on their way to Alaska.

So Eddie, haven enough people signed up for you to grace us with your presence??

MotoCommuter said:
Kim, Phil, Mark, Jerry, Bill and everyone else, it's shaping up to be a most excellent time!

Communicated with Randy, he has purchased his camping pass and will be in attendance. He passed the info along to Cliff, FYI both are in Canada on their way to Alaska.

So Eddie, haven enough people signed up for you to grace us with your presence??
I remember reading on the web... that they will open the gate on the 4th.
Did I read it correctly?

TicTac said:
MotoCommuter said:

Did I read it correctly?

Yes, Thursday Oct 4th.

COGnosticator said:
TicTac said:
Did I read it correctly?

This is a 4 day rally if you can make it.  :beerchug:

It is a 4 day Rally.  :great:  :great: :great:
"if" should be eliminated.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

TicTac said:
This is a 4 day rally if you can make it.  :beerchug:

It is a 4 day Rally.  :great:  :great: :great:
"if" should be eliminated.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Done  :great:

I'm in as Kurt mentioned, and Jimmie plugged Cliff in despite his absence. I have added a dual burner flat top grill to my kitchen so there will be bacon and some form of breakfast food flipped around. Maybe burgers this year on Thursday??

I'll be bringing the TTR250 again as it worked well for wandering around and parking just about anywhere.

worncog said:
I'm in as Kurt mentioned, and Jimmie plugged Cliff in despite his absence. 

I'm in!

Like Randy said, Jimmie bought my tickets without even asking if I was going. She even new what to buy without asking. Don't know what I'm going to do with her!

Cliff  :beerchug:

ron203 said:
I'm passing on this one (again). We've got tickets to see Phil Collins' "Not Dead Yet Tour" in Las Vegas later that month. I can't have TOO much fun yet, because I'm not retired...  ;D    It's part of our "Spending our kids' inheritance plan."

Ron, Jorge and I are right there with you.  We're not going to the Phil Collins concert but we're not retired.  ;)

Irene

Irene and Jorge, the area where the COG encampment will be (Area B, IIRC) is a tent-camping site. I'm not sure your Class A motorhome will be permitted there. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me. :??:

Ranger Jim said:
Irene and Jorge, the area where the COG encampment will be (Area B, IIRC) is a tent-camping site. I'm not sure your Class A motorhome will be permitted there. If I'm mistaken, someone please correct me. :??:
I believe you are correct and a quick check indicates all the rv sites are sold out
Ill look see if I can find a campground around here not far out

who me? said:
Ranger Jim said:
I believe you are correct and a quick check indicates all the rv sites are sold out
For a couple of years some of us stayed at Talladega Creekside Resort. We liked it.

On TDY near Mammoth Lakes CA

SteveJ. said:
who me? said:
Ranger Jim said:
For a couple of years some of us stayed at Talladega Creekside Resort. We liked it.

Good luck with them, I contacted them about holding our spring rally there and was told that we were not welcome.

MotoCommuter said:
SteveJ. said:
who me? said:
Ranger Jim said:

Good luck with them, I contacted them about holding our spring rally there and was told that we were not welcome.

I guess something changed. Too bad, it was a good facility for us.

I'm in!

Like Randy said, Jimmie bought my tickets without even asking if I was going. She even new what to buy without asking. Don't know what I'm going to do with her!

Cliff  :beerchug:
[/quote]

Keep her!

Lot B camping tickets are still available. Get them while you can. They will sell out.

If you are attending and have not signed up on the COG calander, please do so. This is how we will know how many people to buy food for.

ron203 said:
Irene, grab some tickets and come with us to Vegas!!!

Ron, so what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?  I would love to hear Phil Collins but what is left of my vacation time will be used up in Indiana with our kids before the oldest and his family move to Niger.  I can't wait to retire.  I'm so ready now!!!!!!!

Irene

So how does this work, you get the camping pass and does that get you in the rest of it or is all of that superstate. Somebody explain all of that please.

Tinsailor said:
So how does this work, you get the camping pass and does that get you in the rest of it or is all of that superstate. Somebody explain all of that please.

To camp, you need a camping pass (Lot B) and a 3 day ticket.

The majority of us get there Thursday and lay claim to our territory in Lot B.

Randy and I will get the food for dinner for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We will have coffee in the morning as well. The kitchen will be available for your use for breakfast and lunch. There are food vendors scattered around the track. We put out a donation bucket to cover the cost of the food, coffee, fuel, charcoal, etc.

I’ll be at Beat the Heat and can provide more detail.

COGnosticator said:
Tim called me this morning and I think I answered all his questions and he is planning on being there  :beerchug:

Cool!!

Also, as this a none riding event, we usually start off with a typicle morning libation.  :great:

Tinsailor said:
Ok, we got everything in order. Lot B camping passes were still available as of this morning.

You'll like it Tim. It's basically a big chill event with a million motorcycles within ten square miles. Ton of food, high test Irish lubricants, racing, vendors, huge swap meet, Barber Museum, and more motorcycles than most people see in three lifetimes.

Kurt,

I've already registered myself and one guest.
If not to late to amend participants I'd like to add (2) more guests for meal planning purposes.
I tried to update my registration but had a devil of a time and no success in making changes.
I hope this reply in the thread will be sufficient notice.

Thanks for your support of the event.

Buzzard said:
Kurt,

If not to late to amend participants I'd like to add (2) more guests for meal planning purposes.
I tried to update my registration but had a devil of a time and no success in making changes.

Kim, no worries, I'll add two more to the numbers.

MotoCommuter said:
Buzzard said:
Kurt,

Kim, no worries, I'll add two more to the numbers.

Thank you very much, look forward to another great time!! :beerchug:

My recovery from this broken ankle is going really well. I missed everything this summer.  :'(

And now camping at Barber is sold out!

I was gonna bring a guest...does anybody have camping space to share and of course I'll pay my share? Anybody got TWO spaces to share? I'll be on a Ninja 300 if I can ride that far, or in a truck if I can't.

coffee_brake said:
My recovery from this broken ankle is going really well. I missed everything this summer.  :'(

And now camping at Barber is sold out!

I was gonna bring a guest...does anybody have camping space to share and of course I'll pay my share? Anybody got TWO spaces to share? I'll be on a Ninja 300 if I can ride that far, or in a truck if I can't.

Tim Curtis has a camping spot and ticket he is trying to sell, check further down in the SE section. If not contact me.

Ok, it is getting closer and closer.....

If you have not registered on the COG calendar, please do so as that is what we base the food for dinner on, no cost to register on the COG calendar.

Food: Dinner will be provided for Thursday, Friday & Saturday night. We will bring the food and have a donation bucket set out to reimburse us. Randy is doing Thursday night dinner and I'm doing Friday & Saturday. Friday is Brisket and Saturday is Pork Loin and Chicken. The sides have yet to be determined.

We will have coffee in the morning, I have a large coffee 50 cup pot powered by a portable gen. Usually someone will be fixing our health drinks, potato juice mixed with tomato juice (Zing Zang). But if you want breakfast, you can bring it and fix it yourself or there are some vendors selling it. Some of us are members at the museum and they provide breakfast and lunch (along with coffee, soda, ice cream & a special viewing area) for members. If your using the camp kitchen, please clean up after using it, there will be a wash station for this.

I have four (4) spots, one for Rocky & I, one for a friend & his Sprinter van, one for the camp kitchen and one for the fire pit area. If i'm not there when the gates open, please get me four spots together, like a big square. We generally lay claim in a certain area, when you enter Lot B, go about 2/3 of the way down the gravel road, turn right and go towards the end, which is a more flat area. We try to gather spots together in the same area.

I'll have a fire ring and some wood, so if you have space in your vehicle or trailer, please bring some firewood as well to contribute to the cause, if not, we will have to go out and purchase some.

There are port-a-lets scattered throughout the campground and there are a couple portable trailer showers. There are showers in the paddock and the building next to the swap meet as well.

The camp spots are 20 x 20, so if you have trailer, you can drop it in lot G so it doesn't take up space on your camping spot. I usually do this after I unload on Thursday and then retrieve it on Sunday.

If your not going to be there on Thursday around when the gates open (Gates open at 11am CT), please let us know as we can lay claim to your spot near the group.

It sure sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.  I can't wait to hear all of the stories.

Irene

funsize said:
I can't wait to hear all of the stories.

Irene

First rule of Barber Vintage Fesrival: What happens at BVF stays at BVF.

Except the story of how Grasshopper got his name, that story we will tell forever!!

Hey, need input please. I bought my camping tickets way back. Now my son can come. I thought we could show up on Thursday and just buy his tickets for the 4 days since he will be camping with me. Can anyone confirm this??
Thanks in advance, Bill

That is true, that is what I am going to do at the rally.  I already have my camping pass.  You have to get tickets at the Hampton Inn down from the intrance to Barbers and it is towards the interstate.  :great:

Philip, plz let me know if you need any other fasteners or parts for the C-14. Jerry, Thanks for the ticket clarification. See you guys in a few days.

Bill

tinsailor,

I will be attending BVF and I live in High Point, NC. That's about 1-1/2 hrs from Raleigh.
I've got a lot of stuff packed in my car so depending on the size I may or may not have room to carry a "large " part back with me.
Exactly what is it that you have to send???

Bill,

If you could bring a bolt from under the battery cover and the one from the bottom of the fairing that is all I need. Oh unless you have one of the rear side reflectors. One of mine went missing, must have vibrated off.
Planning on being at Barber Thursday morning, driving up from FL Wednesday and staying in a hotel in Birmingham that night.

Tinsailor said:
Buzzard can’t help me, anyone else from N.C. coming?
Buzzard it trying to get a Bushtec hitch for the C-14 to me.

If someone could at least get it to Dave (SportRider) who lives in the Charlotte area (Mooresville to be more precise). That would work as well. (well.... I haven't verified this with Dave, but..... I feel that he wouldn't have a problem with this...)

Darn, Motus Motorcycles will not be there at Barber. They closed the doors on Aug. 31st. Sad day for American motorcycles. Maybe good for my wallet though.