• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

BERGMEN SPIN ON OIL FILTER ADAPTER FOR YOUR ZG 1000 CONCOURS

I just bought this kit from Murph off his website. This was the best money I ever spent. Anyone that owns a Concours knows that a oil change is no fun. This kit makes a oil change really easy with the spin on oil filter. It was a breeze to install. The parts in the kit were of very high quality and went together perfect. I spoke to the inventor of this adapter kit just before I installed it to ask for any pointers Mr. Dan Bergmen. What a nice guy. He was great and briefly walked me thru the process. I chose the long Purolator filter # 14610. The longer filter requires you to modify your belly pan but the process is easy and their is a template on the site from Murph's that has this info. The short filter requires no mod to your belly pan. I have owned my 2000 model ZG 1000 for less than a week and this was the first mod that I have done. It is a really simple process to do this so if you are on the fence about doing this climb aboard and get it done. Now is the time because one day these kits might not be available any more.
Another thing to remember is that with the Bergmen kit your oil light will go out a lot faster and put your oil to crucial parts at the highest part of your engine a lot faster. Big Plus.

Last edited:
I got a fresh oil change on my 05 when the PO was backing it off his trailer in a Walmart parking lot. The long filter hit the top of the ramp and tore a hole in it. He replaced the filter and fill with oil before I showed up. I like the extra filter capacity but be mindful of the filter sticking down under the fairing just a bit.

I can see that could happen with a regular trailer or any trailer for that matter. Mine is a drop deck made for a motorcycle. I always use a full length 2x4 under the gate to give the gate that little bit of extra height so things like this do not happen. Putting a sport bike with full farings on a regular trailer could be asking for trouble. I have never had any problem carrying any of my motorcycles on my drop deck trailer. Good to bring these points out sometimes it makes us all be careful. Thanks J.

I really enjoyed this farkle on my 2000. So easy to install it, even a caveman (me) could install it. Genius item.

Pam used to have one. Really fun on the curvy back roads.

Attachments

• miatas019-1549393871.jpg
    miatas019-1549393871.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 47
My SPOOFAK from Bergmen was one of the first things I did when I got my 2001 C-10, simple, easy, inexpensive, I run the longer FRAM 7313? filter. Think Kawasaki researched this when designing the C-14?

My SPOOFAK from Bergmen was one of the first things I did when I got my 2001 C-10, simple, easy, inexpensive, I run the longer FRAM 7313? filter. Think Kawasaki researched this when designing the C-14?

That's the same filter I regularily use. My wife's CR-V can use the same one, so I usually keep a couple on hand. I also whacked on the lower fairing pan to open it up, so no plastic has to be removed for oil/filter changes.

Think I can use the 7313 on the C-14? The papers Dan gave me with all the conversion charts say I can, the only thing different I can see from the factory reccomended FRAM filter is the length, as many but not all of the cross reference numbers are the same but different makers.

Think I can use the 7313 on the C-14? The papers Dan gave me with all the conversion charts say I can, the only thing different I can see from the factory reccomended FRAM filter is the length, as many but not all of the cross reference numbers are the same but different makers.
I can't answer, or offer a positive response to that since I have NO C14 experience. As you are aware, the 7313 is a "long" filter, but I've had no issues with it on my C10..... even with a Soucy(sp?) lowering link installed.

Patty still has hers... Absolutely the hardest oil filter to change on any engine I've had dealings with...FWIW, the units I have on the shelf will probably be the last production run...

Murph

MURPH. I spoke with Mr. Burgmen the other day and he said the same thing about the last run of these kits. If you want one you better get it now. Thanks for having one for me Murph I really appreciate it. The kit makes it so easy to change your oil. By the way I was thankful how fast the parts I ordered from you got to me and thank you. Your hard work is appreciated by all of us.

Dean

Did this on my ZX11 and forgot where I got it. Murph's kits it was indeed. Ordered a new one for my "Project Connie" and a Mystic Chrome Paint Powder. Let them cop's try and figure out just what COLOR it is supposed to be.............LOL

Patty still has hers... Absolutely the hardest oil filter to change on any engine I've had dealings with...FWIW, the units I have on the shelf will probably be the last production run...

Murph
LOL, nope, they fit so many bikes. And you sell em a LOT....... at least for me, I got 3 of em already