• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Boston to Niagara Falls anyone?

whrami

Training Wheels
Can anyone recommend a route for me? I haven't done a long distance trip before. I am in Shrewsbury, MA and I was going to take Rt 2 West through NY and pick up roads from there. I'm sure some of you will know some cant-miss routes if I loop north side of the lakes. Since I got a few comp days coming up this Monday and Tuesday I might be doing this sooner than expected.

I just traded in my Road Star Warrior on an 09 Concours and I'm looking to hit the road and go to Niagara Falls. Never been to Canada thought this would be a kick ass run down Rt 2 West through NY. Anyone interested in making this a group ride? I haven't set a date yet, trying to get a tent, seat and heli bars.

That sounds like fun Matt.
Unfortunately I'm suffering from "My-funds-are-low" and have to decline.
Looking at the NY map you might want to take an alternate route once you get out of MA to avoid the NY cities along the way.  Looks like roads like 67 could be really nice but I haven't traveled that area yet.
I may have a 2 person tent you can borrow that we are using this weekend.  Send me an email if you would like to borrow it.
Greg.

Greg thanks for the offer but Im in no hurry for this trip. Maybe we can meet up for a few local rides in the meantime? Are you out in the Worcester area?

-Matt

justdrive-c5 said:
Greg thanks for the offer but Im in no hurry for this trip. Maybe we can meet up for a few local rides in the meantime? Are you out in the Worcester area?

-Matt

Matt - Tracey and I are in Hopedale, MA (south of Worcester next to Milford).  If you are available on Sunday July 21st we are hosting a bag lunch Meet and Greet at Quabbin Reservoir.  Check out the calendar and come meet some more COGers.
We may be up for a local ride with you depending on our schedule etc.  We're booked this Saturday but the possibility is open for Sunday.  Got any ideas where we could meet up and ride?

NIAGARA FALLS  !!!

image002.jpg

Can anyone recommend a route for me? I haven't done a long distance trip before. I am in Shrewsbury, MA and I was going to take Rt 2 West through NY and pick up roads from there. I'm sure some of you will know some cant-miss routes if I loop north side of the lakes. Since I got a few comp days coming up this Monday and Tuesday I might be doing this sooner than expected.

Ok, ok. All kidding aside here. I saw those coming  ;D ...
norm-9688 said:
NIAGARA FALLS  !!!

image002.jpg