• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Bun Cooler Change

Sher9001

This is to let everyone know that Jim and I are no longer in charge of the Bun Cooler.
I appreciate the support, and the help, we have received over the past 13 years, but it has become apparent, that it is time for a change.
It was not an easy decision, but know that I will always cherish the memories & treasure the friendships that have developed over the years. You, are the reason we kept going year after year. I will miss those mischievous smiles at registration but hope you will remember me whenever you eat a cookie.
Thank you all.
Glena Sherman

Thank you both for enabling all the great years of riding and socializing. The SW likes to invade the BC cause it's a great event with great people and fantastic roads run by awesome COGgers. You are appreciated.

Glena (and Jim),

Thanks for everything you two have done for us for so many years. I hope this doesn't mean you're going to stop attending. That would just be wrong. ;)

Thanks, Charlie.I think Jim will be there, but I won't. There is no reason for me to be there. I tend to hold on to things a little longer than he does .

This is to let everyone know that Jim and I are no longer in charge of the Bun Cooler.
I appreciate the support, and the help, we have received over the past 13 years, but it has become apparent, that it is time for a change.
It was not an easy decision, but know that I will always cherish the memories & treasure the friendships that have developed over the years. You, are the reason we kept going year after year. I will miss those mischievous smiles at registration but hope you will remember me whenever you eat a cookie.
Thank you all.
Glena Sherman
Glena and maybe Jim, So sorry to hear that you are not going to be involved with the Buncooler. You have done a super job. I just want to let you know you will be missed and thanks for all your service. Love ya.....Woodie

This is just letting everyone know, I will not be making it to the Buncooler this year.
My wife, Meredith, and I have a trip planned to Northern Italy during that time. Part of the trip will be with Edelweiss motorcycle tours in the Dolomites.
I could lie and say I'll think about you all while in Italy but forget it.
Will plan on seeing you at some other NW COG event.
I am planning on riding to the National in Aug.
Till later, take care, Woodie

This is just letting everyone know, I will not be making it to the Buncooler this year.
My wife, Meredith, and I have a trip planned to Northern Italy during that time. Part of the trip will be with Edelweiss motorcycle tours in the Dolomites.
Woodie enjoy Italy, jealous.

Wayne

Jim and Glenna, thank you for your years of efforts.

The 2013 Bun Cooler was the first COG event I attended (not a member yet) - just 2 weeks into my silver C14. Such a good introduction; welcoming! And in a later year I attended the BBQ at your house; that was also special. When I think of COG activities, well organized group riding activities, your BCoolers are my first thought. Thank you,
Cecil Kindle

Bun Coolers, your work, lead to these memories ...
f4d8f274-848c-4be1-9a78-11d43a433c35.jpg

P1060221_zps0c585c44.jpg

P1060222_zps71843204.jpg

P1060284cropped_zpsbac3d4d8.jpg

P1060216cropped_zps61ab1e20.jpg

P1060281_zps32366f6b.jpg

P1090737_zpsjonil53b.jpg

P1090767_zps5yfryxrl.jpg

June22014034_zpsed044a91.jpg

P1060275_zpsee0fdf90.jpg

P1060272_zps7ae2037a.jpg

2016-05-15%20047_zpsdaihhya8.jpg

P1090760_zpsqzm5cnq8.jpg

Just thinking back...my first COG event was the 2017 Bun Cooler. I'd been to the BMW MOA rally the fall before and was totally put off by everything there. The difference between the two was like night and day. The hospitality was so wonderful that I signed up as a COG member before I went home. I didn't know who Jim was or who Glenna was...but I knew I felt at home.

Thank you.

Chris

Jim had everything set up with Christy at the LC Resort and with Michelle, the caterer, so it shouldn't be too hard for someone to step in.

I thought I better explain why I am not doing the BC. I spend about 3 months in AZ. and most of it dry camping where I don't have any communication. I relied on others to help implement things that I set up. Things do not always work out because of a lack of communication between me and others who are helping. That has caused some problems so I thought that someone else who is able to communicate with others should be the rallymaster. I still am available to help. I have communicated with Rufus and I think he is working on getting a new rallymaster.

The Dolomites are awesome!! You will have a terrific time in the Italian Alps with Meridith!

Who from the wet side in Washington is going? If we generate enough interest we could rendezvous for breakfast somewhere.

Hoping to make it. It's my goal.

I had the stitches out yesterday. The doc says I'm doing very well. But just because it looks "good" on the outside, doesn't mean the inside is ready to shift or get on or off the bike. Today, it isn't. Hopefully by mid-May, I'll be good enough to ride with you.

Chris