• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Centerstand Surprise

S Smith

Northeast Area Director
Decided to center stand the bike for the first time yesterday evening.  What a great surprise on how easy it is to get up on the c-stand as compare to my C10.  Another :great: for the C14.

S Smith said:
Decided to center stand the bike for the first time yesterday evening.  What a great surprise on how easy it is to get up on the c-stand as compare to my C10.  Another :great: for the C14.

Total agreement.

I never had a bike with a center stand, and my first couple of times I was attempting to muscle her up; but a nice guy at the cycle show clued me in on the right way to do it, and life is much easier now.

MAN OF BLUES said:
night and day compared to the old one eh?!
almost a bare-footer.... :))

Almost?  Two fingers on each hand AND bare footed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astp0sJSrWQ

i tried it barefoot last weekend ... i guess my feet are too wimpy, i couldnt do it.  :(
i can with anything from slippers to riding boots no problem.

>I never thought the C10 was bad!

I sure find my C10 easier to put on centerstand when the rear tire has lots of tread on it. I'll be curious to see how things behave if/when I switch to GW 1500 size tires. Currently if I have a worn tire and haven't been riding for awhile I'll tweak my back by putting the C10 on centerstand. Perhaps there's a C14 in my future.....