• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Clinton CT Meet and Greet Sat., 27 July 2013

B.D.F.

Come join us for lunch at the Log Cabin restaurant in Clinton, CT, on Sat. 27 June 2013. A nice place and it is always a good time. Maybe even a telling of 'The Cat Joke' (TM) but no guarantees. Starting time is 11:30, which is when the restaurant opens.

A caveat though- the location of the restaurant in the Points of Interest in your GPS is wrong. Please use the street address provided in the calendar. Please stop by the calendar and register if you plan on joining us just so we have an idea of the number of folks attending. Sign up early 'cause this one is limited to 974 people max.!

Here is a link to the calendar page.

edited 15 July: added day and date to posting.

I'm in.
Might take my goldwing, if I can trust it. And it's not too hot, there is no air flow on that thing.

Bill

Great Bill.

If it is anywhere near as hot as it has been lately we might just take the car. Sacrilege I know but it is self- defense. There is little worse to me than getting stuck on the highway in stopped traffic when it is hot and sunny.

Brian

Wild_Bill said:
I'm in.
Might take my goldwing, if I can trust it. And it's not too hot, there is no air flow on that thing.

Bill

We are down to only 971 spots available so you folks better sign up fast if you do not want to miss out....

Brian

Brian, since this only a quick 40 mile ride for us pencil Harriet and me in. That is as long as something doesn't come up as always seems to happen.

This was a blast last time, and the food was good.  Just checked my schedule and I'm scheduled to work. Damn!

Anybody else coming? Better sign up- time is running out and there are less than 1,000 slots left! You folks that wait 'till the last minute might be out of luck if 968 people sign up before you.... and what will you tell your grandkids, I did not hear The Cat Joke 'cause I waited too long and missed out? Think of the shame.

Brian

Miss Vicki says she will come if you promise that you will definitely tell her the Cat Joke.

Sorry Mike but I just cannot promise. The Cat Joke is much more than a casual joke and has results- sometimes unpredictable results. One has to be careful where and when one tells The Cat Joke. Just look at how this poor woman reacted:

And those are tears of joy.

Brian

COG-528 said:
Miss Vicki says she will come if you promise that you will definitely tell her the Cat Joke.

Time is running out folks- looks like it might be a pretty good day too. Slight chance of rain but low- to- mid 80's F which is much better than the mid 90's plus that we have been having.

Maybe I can get Mr. Elkhoof to do his counting trick where he answers mathematical questions by tapping out the answer with his hoof. It is really something if you have not seen it before. No one knows how he does it but he never misses..... except by relatively small amounts.

Brian

I am in!  This is my first COG event.  I am taking my 11 year old son.  I hope the Cat joke is relatively clean for kids.  We are coming from NJ so we may need a joke or two before the long ride home.  This will be his longest ride ever.

I am looking forward to meeting and greeting.

By the way I will be the one on the Concours. :)  (I could take my CBR 1000F)

The Cat Joke would never stoop so low as to use bad language or even marginal suggestions and is safe for all audiences. It is rated 'G' for 'Great Joke'. Your son will probably be more interested in meeting Mr. Elkhoof though, and he will absolutely be there.

Glad to hear you are coming along, and COG is quite friendly to all family members. The Northeast folks are great people (not that non- Northeast COG folk are not, just that I know the locals best of course) and we sometimes get a few NY / NJ area folks to these lunches in CT. Looking forward to meeting you and your son on Sat.

I'll be the one wearing the helmet.  ;)

Brian

X-UFO said:
I am in!  This is my first COG event.  I am taking my 11 year old son.  I hope the Cat joke is relatively clean for kids.  We are coming from NJ so we may need a joke or two before the long ride home.  This will be his longest ride ever.

I am looking forward to meeting and greeting.

By the way I will be the one on the Concours. :)  (I could take my CBR 1000F)

Kind of late, anyone coming in from west especially 95 north if you want to meet up in Hamden Ct off of Rt 15 I have a nice backroad route to avoid New Haven traffic. Going to leave a little after 10 am but that can be changed. Possible bald eagle nest viewing, let me know.

Just got home in time to make a family bday party. Nice to see familiar faces and new ones too.
Thanks to Andrea and Brian for putting this together. Good food and good company, priceless.

Another check in - just arrived home.  Thanks, Andrea and Brian,  for setting this up.  It was nice to see old friends and meet new.  And thanks to Bill for the ride out for ice cream.

This was my first 300 mile day.  I don't think I'll ever be a long distance rider, but perhaps I can ride (rather than drive) to a lot more COG events.

Maryann

It turned out to be a great day! Thanks to everyone who made the trip and it was great to see so many people show up. We had 12 meet up for lunch and then a few of us sorta' meandered to an ice cream shop (and no Chris, they don't take debit cards either  :)  ). The ice cream was great and the stain on my shirt makes a great souvenir- and I was even eating with my best hand. Mr. Elkhoof was quite popular with the other customers, as always.

Finally on the way home, Andrea and I stopped in a new store selling very old stuff and did some An- TIQUE-ing. No razors but they did have the coolest Farmall tractor I have ever seen outside on display along with an outstanding hand guided, gasoline powered 'Prairie buster' (the machine that most contributed to the dust bowl that would follow its introduction) along with two 'Hit 'n Miss' engines for sale. A 'way cool' place to stop and poke around, especially in the industrial section.

I think Andrea will be by in a minute to post a couple of photos.

Brian

Ditto!!  The Weather God also smiled upon us for sure as it was a very comfortable day for riding, considering what it's been like.  We do love the Log Cabin restaurant, food & service is always outstanding! 

Sure hope Larry from NJ enjoyed his first ever COG event, along with his neighbor & son.  Mike & Vicki also came in from NJ!  Bob & Harriet, Wild Bill, Wayne & Maryann all added to the fun, laughs, and of course it would not be complete without the telling of the Cat joke  :eek:
Thanks Bill & Wayne for leading the impromptu ride out for awesome ice cream! Was quite yummy indeed!  And as Brian said we were fortunate enough to find a treasure trove of anti-q's as an added bonus :great:
And Maryann you did Awesome, it's so great having you out on the road with us too!!
Thanks to all of you for joining us, each time just makes us want to come home and set up another....so stay tuned  :)

here's a few pic's...http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/arfelice/slideshow/7-27-13%20CT%20Meet%20and%20Greet

Andrea

andreaF said:
Ditto!!  The Weather God also smiled upon us for sure as it was a very comfortable day for riding, considering what it's been like.  We do love the Log Cabin restaurant, food & service is always outstanding! 

Sure hope Larry from NJ enjoyed his first ever COG event, along with his neighbor & son.  Mike & Vicki also came in from NJ!  Bob & Harriet, Wild Bill, Wayne & Maryann all added to the fun, laughs, and of course it would not be complete without the telling of the Cat joke  :eek:
Thanks Bill & Wayne for leading the impromptu ride out for awesome ice cream! Was quite yummy indeed!  And as Brian said we were fortunate enough to find a treasure trove of antic's as an added bonus :great:
And Maryann you did Awesome, it's so great having you out on the road with us too!!
Thanks to all of you for joining us, each time just makes us want to come home and set up another....so stay tuned  :)

here's a few pic's...http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/arfelice/library/7-27-
13%20CT%20Meet%20and%20Greet

Andrea

A great day!  The ride was about 130 miles each way for us and the c14 was just warming up.  Our butts on the other hand needed a stop every 90 miles or so on the stock seat lol.  It was fun to meet other COG members and sharing stories, jokes and great food. My 11 year old son and my neighbor had a blast.  And yes, they liked the infamous "cat joke".  My skunk joke was also shared.

I found COG because I was looking for tech info about my c14.  That info from members is vast and invaluable.  But after my first event yesterday, I found that the info is just the tip of the iceberg.

My advise to other on line members that have only been involved with COG on line, get on your bike and meet up with the members in your area.

Thanks for putting together the event.