• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG Northeast Fall Rally 2013 - Lake George NY

BDF, He is the one who was the heavy weight boxing champ of the Canadian navy. He changed a rear tire on the way home from Lake George last time with his bare hands. His last name on the forum was SIR! I wish I was going to be at LG to make sure you two meet! Real men go to Cannan Valley!

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
BDF, He is the one who was the heavy weight boxing champ of the Canadian navy. He changed a rear tire on the way home from Lake George last time with his bare hands. His last name on the forum was SIR! I wish I was going to be at LG to make sure you two meet! Real men go to Cannan Valley!

Well, gee Wayne thanks for the good press!  It does my heart good to see such a vote of confidence toward my rally! :))

That's OK Terry, I think yours is the bestus rally evah! I tell all my friends about it!

Kirby

Terrynyc said:
Well, gee Wayne thanks for the good press!  It does my heart good to see such a vote of confidence toward my rally! :))

Terry
      You put on a great rally. We had a great time at the last one. I lived in LG and Glens Falls for 10 years and have been on all roads,lakes in the area so when the meet in Cannan Valley  opened up  and it is a new area for me, that's why I won't be there.I under stand that BDF is paying for the drinks at dinner So you can have mine.

Now Wayne, what we agreed to was that I would buy one drink for each time you used the clutch.... by my 'rithmatic we are up to.... zero.

Brian

wayne_jenkins_CT said:
Terry
      You put on a great rally. We had a great time at the last one. I lived in LG and Glens Falls for 10 years and have been on all roads,lakes in the area so when the meet in Cannan Valley  opened up  and it is a new area for me, that's why I won't be there.I under stand that BDF is paying for the drinks at dinner So you can have mine.

BDF said:
Great- now subtitle all your posts with your 'old' name so we know who you are 'cause I don't.

Brian

P.S. Two things: 1) that was three years well spent and 2) the average time to figure that out is somewhat less; did you have any particular difficulty?  :rotflmao:

Sailor Rich said:
>:D I've been wanting to do that for 3 years and just figured out how.  :beerchug:

Wow I always wanted to be a mystery man or was that a man of mystery.  We were talking about how much shaving cream we were going to need tor the rally Brian. :lol_hitting:

Oh yeah, my accomplice. I mean that bad person who performs misdeeds.... yeah, that's it.

Brian

Sailor Rich said:
Wow I always wanted to be a mystery man or was that a man of mystery.  We were talking about how much shaving cream we were going to need tor the rally Brian. :lol_hitting:

Well, finally made it back from the National (7,812 miles & 27 days  :-\) so I guess it is time for another rally!  Just signed up so now I have to see if I can find someplace to sleep (well, once in a while anyway).

I just downloaded the Lake George route. But once again the shortest routes are pretty much 200 miles.  :mad:  I don't know why I bother. I'll have to make my own.  :-[

Cap'n Bob said:
I just downloaded the Lake George route. But once again the shortest routes are pretty much 200 miles.  :mad:  I don't know why I bother. I'll have to make my own.  :-[

Whats wrong with 200 miles ??

andydude said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Some of us can't do 200 mile days everyday anymore. Or just might not want to do 200 miles everyday. I heard lots of thanks at the 2011 national for this. A lot of folks actually want shorter options.  ;)

RubberDucky said:
Well, finally made it back from the National (7,812 miles & 27 days  :-\) so I guess it is time for another rally!  Just signed up so now I have to see if I can find someplace to sleep (well, once in a while anyway).

Awesome Coop!  Can't wait to hear about your 27 day adventure.

I'm new to the group. I'll be riding up from NEPA on Friday. Didn't book a room cuz I couldn't do three nights. If anyone is riding up that way on Friday and would like to meet up let me know.  :great:

Cap'n Bob said:
andydude said:
Cap'n Bob said:
Some of us can't do 200 mile days everyday anymore. Or just might not want to do 200 miles everyday. I heard lots of thanks at the 2011 national for this. A lot of folks actually want shorter options.  ;)
The Cap'n Bob "Cotton-Butt" rally:  1000 miles in 10 days.  :nananana:

Actually, I can see the appeal for the folks that go to the rallies and look at it as more of a social gathering.  Shorter rides with longer lunches/scenic stops/whatever, plus more time at the motel for cigars, port, or other beverages and BS sessions can make for a nice day as well.

freewheelburner said:
I'm new to the group. I'll be riding up from NEPA on Friday. Didn't book a room cuz I couldn't do three nights. If anyone is riding up that way on Friday and would like to meet up let me know.  :great:

Hopefully you can find someone to meet up with, but most attendees do arrive THU afternoon. No matter what, be sure to look me up and say hi!

Don't come by the motel too early on FRI or it will be lonely  :(  Most folks will be out riding during the day FRI and getting back to the motel mid-afternoon.  :great:

Depending on what motel you get a room, I suspect it might end up cheaper to have booked 3 nights at the discounted rate and only stay for 2. 

freewheelburner said:
If you don't find anyone riding up, post here.  I can happily find a good ride to the south from the LG area and meet up with you somewhere along the way.  The Catskills are my backyard, and I have lots of nice roads there that I love to ride, and they're all on your way from NEPA.  I'd suggest, once in NY, either SR10 around the Cannonsville Reservoir or SR30 around the Pepacton Reservoir.  Then continuing up SR30 to Amsterdam. 

Cap'n Bob said:

Now now Bob the Lake George Loop is nice and short for you older folks! :))

Seriously though if you'd like shorter stuff see me at the rally and I can give you some local sightseeing stuff.  I recommend Ticonderoga but I figure you've probably done it.  Crown Point is pretty cool too.  Hell you can always ride down to Queensbury and request a guided tour of Scottycello, the expansive Sorger mansion.  I'm sure Norma would love to have ya! ;)

I'm guilty as charged...usually more ride-centric than sightseeing with my routes.  Feel free to pelt me liberally with various sugar packets at the banquet...... :truce:

Terrynyc said:
Cap'n Bob said:

Now now Bob the Lake George Loop is nice and short for you older folks! :))

Seriously though if you'd like shorter stuff see me at the rally and I can give you some local sightseeing stuff.  I recommend Ticonderoga but I figure you've probably done it.  Crown Point is pretty cool too.  Hell you can always ride down to Queensbury and request a guided tour of Scottycello, the expansive Sorger mansion.  I'm sure Norma would love to have ya! ;)

I'm guilty as charged...usually more ride-centric than sightseeing with my routes.  Feel free to pelt me liberally with various sugar packets at the banquet...... :truce:

Thanks for the offer Terry. But I made up 5 routes today that are between 75 and 150 or so miles. I'm pretty familiar with the area. I just made some up. But I also think about other folks with longer distances problems.  It gives me some options. If I feel up to it, I could mix and match or do more than one in a day.  ;D

Alrighty folks we're in the home stretch now!  Extended forecast looks good but we all know how extended forecasts can change.  Start rubbin those rabbit's feet asap! :))

Amen to that. I can remember a few years ago when it snowed.  :)

Mornings here WERE nice, but are starting to get a little chilly. Unless something changes, will definitely be leaving here with the electrics on.

Also, iff'n you're planning on heading into Canada, like I usually do, don't forget your passports.

connieklr said:
Also, iff'n you're planning on heading into Canada, like I usually do, don't forget your passports.

Thanks for that bit of advice. Not sure if I'm headed that way, but, wouldn't hurt to have it along.

We’ll be headed up to LG on Thur, planning on a late lunch at Uncle Marty’s located east of Albany near Sand Lake.

http://www.justsayuncle.com/

If anybody is interested in meeting to grab a bite to eat, let me know and I’ll be more precise for the timing as logistics are finalized.
See ya'll next week.  :great:

gMitch said:
We’ll be headed up to LG on Thur, planning on a late lunch at Uncle Marty’s located east of Albany near Sand Lake.

http://www.justsayuncle.com/

If anybody is interested in meeting to grab a bite to eat, let me know and I’ll be more precise for the timing as logistics are finalized.
See ya'll next week.  :great:
After looking at the menu, I'm interested.  Let me know your route and maybe I can meet up and ride up to lunch, too.

I hope you guys have good weather, better riding, and tasty beverages in the evenings.  :great: :beerchug:

Hey all...  online registration closed the other day with 67 attendees on the books.  The restaurant can  handle a few more and walk-ins will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, depending on restaurant capacity.

For the first time, anywhere in the western hemisphere, at least as far as Kirby and I know, a COG event will have its own Spot Walla page! Yep, a page for all / any of us to participate and someplace where anyone can watch us Lake George attending COG rallyers traveling in an orderly, organized fashion. Either that or moving in odd, intersecting patterns like a kitten playing with a ball of string....

But seriously, I have set up a Spot Walla page for the Fall Rally in Lake George. Anyone who wants to participate can e-mail me (please use e-mail rather than private mail as it is much easier to keep track of), send me the three letters you will use to identify yourself to Spot Walla (limited to three- mine is BDF), and I will send you your password to enter your device to the page. So far there is only one participant.... and it is me! But I am hoping a bunch of us will join so that we can watch where the participants are during the course of the rally. By the way, the page is not going to be active until the Thursday of the rally and will shut down the following Monday so no one need be concerned about future security. Also, Spot Walla has a really nice feature where you can block out an area you do not want to be published; I block out a few miles around my address so there is no need to worry about security IMO.

There are many devices that can be used but the two most common are an actual SPOT and most GPS enabled smart phones. There is no charge for this either to the members or COG.

To participate in this, you will need to set up a personal Spot Walla account but this is very easy and virtually no personal information is needed, and there is no cost. Once you have an account, you simply sign up to join the event using your own locator device and the password for the event page that I will provide. Very easy and only takes a couple of minutes.

Looking forward to watching the mess travel of our various members. As the actual Spot Walla page is public, anyone can watch us travel around anytime during the rally by going to this link: https://spotwalla.com/join.php?a=a&id=195

Brian

S Smith said:
Hey all...  online registration closed the other day with 67 attendees on the books.  The restaurant can  handle a few more and walk-ins will be accepted on a first come, first served basis, depending on restaurant capacity.

Musta missed it. Where is the banquet?

I think it is the same place as last year- about 46 miles from the hotel. They about ran me into the ground walking (eventually stumbling, crawling) to the restaurant with continued taunts of 'it's just ahead' and 'not much further now'. I felt like a member of the Donner party and I think we walked most of the way around the lake.... This time I am going to bring a light snack and a chair with me so I can refresh and rest along the way.

:'(

Brian

connieklr said:
Musta missed it. Where is the banquet?

The banquet will be at Mario's across the street from the hotel.  Brian is confusing it with the Adirondack Brewpub which is "just a stretch of the legs" as they say in the old country, from rally central.  Well..... maybe its about a mile or so (heavy on the SO!). :))

I cannot remember the name of the place- I was suffering from exhaustion by the time I got there. In fact, I have no memory of anything that happened after our 'trek' other than Cap'n Bob misbehaving in some odd way.

As I remember though, the trip from the hotel at Lake George to the banquet dinner looked something like this:

:rotflmao:

Now, this 'across the street' place, is it across a street that is near the hotel or is it across some street that is in another time zone?

Brian

Terrynyc said:
The banquet will be at Mario's across the street from the hotel.  Brian is confusing it with the Adirondack Brewpub which is "just a stretch of the legs" as they say in the old country, from rally central.  Well..... maybe its about a mile or so (heavy on the SO!). :))

Well,
It looks like I am gonna miss this one.  :'(      But on the bright side I AM gonna be at Canaan Valley!!! WOOHOO! :1rij:
Matt

BDF said:
I cannot remember the name of the place- I was suffering from exhaustion by the time I got there. In fact, I have no memory of anything that happened after our 'trek' other than Cap'n Bob misbehaving in some odd way.

As I remember though, the trip from the hotel at Lake George to the banquet dinner looked something like this:

:rotflmao:

Now, this 'across the street' place, is it across a street that is near the hotel or is it across some street that is in another time zone?

Brian

Terrynyc said:

LOL! If you don't know where Mario's is, you've never been to LG.  :)

Terry, you are exactly right- it was not the banquet meal that was in another hemisphere of Earth, it was the night before with Steve Smith 'suggesting' (read: sucking me into) that restaurant! Andrea just fixed my addled memory and pointed out that not only was I suffering but Gigantor was not doing well either.... and Cap'n Bob wisely took his truck 'cause he knew the place was not within walking distance for a camel never mind a human.

I don't even remember where the banquet was as the pain and suffering from the previous evening prevented me from remembering much else afterward.... or since! I hope I did not misbehave at the banquet dinner in my weakened condition....

For you new folks, if Steve 'suggests' a good place to eat, have him carry you 1/2 way there to prove it is really close to the hotel :)

Brian

Terrynyc said:

Actually I was one of the folks crammed into Scotty's Jeep. I tried to warn you that it was probably more than a mile hike back to the motel. But hey, at least you worked off dinner walking back.  :))

Now, the question: How to get there?

Many times in the past I've gone around robin hood's barn to avoid all the crap around Baltimore, Philly, and The City..... and it always added in a couple of hours and several miles to the trip. Think I'm gonna forego all that and just follow the GPS and what Google says. Still have to deal with Baltimore, but at the time I'm leaving that shouldn't cause too much concern. 8 hours, 23 minutes, 540 miles. We'll see how close we come.

Personally Guy, if it were myself. I would probably shoot out and take 81 North to 88. If you're going to slab it to make time. 81 would be a lot better than 95 (IMO). I mean there is almost nothing good on 95. Besides, you can bypass Jersey.  :))

Cap'n Bob said:
Personally Guy, if it were myself. I would probably shoot out and take 81 North. If you're going to slab it to make time. 81 would be a lot better than 95 (IMO). I mean there is almost nothing good on 95. Besides, you can bypass Jersey.  :))

That's the way I usually go. 81 to 78 to 278 to 87.

We'll flip a coin Weds. morning.

Actually I didn't get it in quick enough. But I was thinking 81 straight up to 88. It's a much nicer ride than going east sooner. Just a thought. I'm not sure if it would be any quicker or maybe longer. But you may enjoy to views a lot better.

Or maybe 81 to 84 to 87. Both keep you more away from the congestion.

Cap'n Bob said:
Actually I didn't get it in quick enough. But I was thinking 81 straight up to 88. It's a much nicer ride than going east sooner. Just a thought. I'm not sure if it would be any quicker or maybe longer. But you may enjoy to views a lot better.

Or maybe 81 to 84 to 87. Both keep you more away from the congestion.

~50 miles, and an hour longer going all the way up to 88. Might be worth looking in to.

Thank you.

Guy if you do take 95, on the turnpike take the eastern spur towards the lincoln tunnel but stay to the left at the toll booths and follow the signs for I-80 west.  Stay on the local lanes and get off at Rt 17 north.  That will take you right to the Thruway.  17 is strip mall city but it usually moves at a good clip at non rush hour times.  That's the way I usually go.

Terrynyc said:
Guy if you do take 95, on the turnpike take the eastern spur towards the lincoln tunnel but stay to the left at the toll booths and follow the signs for I-80 west.  Stay on the local lanes and get off at Rt 17 north.  That will take you right to the Thruway.  17 is strip mall city but it usually moves at a good clip at non rush hour times.  That's the way I usually go.

That's pretty much the way the GPS and Google was sending me. Like I said, will flip a coin Weds. morning.

So only one person joined in for the Spot Walla thing so far- c'mon people, this isn't going to be much of a group effort without more people. And all of you folks [not] participating are going to miss out on all the coolocity.

E-mail me if you want to participate (my e-mail is on the top / left of this page).

Brian

Don't need to have a SPOT, almost any smart phone will work. No fee, no charges. Pretty slick.

Let me know if you are interested, you could still be the third person.

Brian

Wayne_Sikorski said:
I has no shpot thingy... ::)

To use Spot Walla with an Android, use the application Bubbler GPS.

To use Spot Walla with an Iphone, the most popular way seems to be using Google Lattitude.

I believe virtually any smart phone with GPS, which is most any smart phone, will work with Spot Walla.

Brian

Belay that Google Lattitude idea- it appears that that no longer works. Andrea is currently installing Spot Connect on her Iphone and we will see if that works- stay tuned for developments.

UPDATE: revolting development, Spot Connect is NOT what we want. That requires other hardware. What we are looking for is an app. to use the Iphone's internal (easy boys!) GPS and upload that information, via cell link, to Spot Walla. We are still looking for a solution.

Brian

BDF said:
To use Spot Walla with an Android, use the application Bubbler GPS.

To use Spot Walla with an Iphone, the most popular way seems to be using Google Lattitude.

I believe virtually any smart phone with GPS, which is most any smart phone, will work with Spot Walla.

Brian

OK, now pick three letters you want to use as an identifier (it is what will show up on the Spot Walla page representing you) and not BDF 'cause those are taken, e-mail me with those letters and I will give you the super- secret password to join the group.

Brian

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Created a spotwalla account.
Set-up Bubbler and tested. appears to be working.

What's next?

Plan to e-mail you late tomorrow or Tuesday once we get back from the Cape.  Hopefully all the cool spots won't be taken before then ... :))

Anyone interested in a Saturday ride over the border into southern Quebec?
This would include a lunch stop in Venise-En-Québec at a local restaurant.
You'll need to bring your passport.
We would need to leave at about 8:30 am from LG, arrive at 12:30 pm for lunch in Venise-En-Quebec, then back around 4 pm.  Rest stops 1 hour from departure points.

The route up would be all back-roads (no highways) - 146 miles, 3 hours 20 mins.
The ride back will be via slab to ensure we make it back in time for the banquet etc.  142 miles, 2.5 hours.

Attachments

• LGtoQuebec.JPG
    LGtoQuebec.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 91
Oh Canada...  Sounds like fun Greg  :motonoises:

BDF, How much does all this SPOT fun cost? I see Spot Gen 3's and it looks like they include
basic tracking with those. Is basic enough for the Lake George Spotwalla fun?

Greg Habel said:
We would need to leave at about 8:30 am from LG, arrive at 12:30 pm for lunch in Venise-En-Quebec, then back around 4 pm.  Rest stops 1 hour from departure points.

The route up would be all back-roads (no highways) - 146 miles, 3 hours 20 mins.
The ride back will be via slab to ensure we make it back in time for the banquet etc.  142 miles, 2.5 hours.
Sounds good to me.  Haven't visited our neighbors to the north on my bike yet.  Don't have a passport, but do have an enhanced driver's license, so I'm good.

Yes, SPOT 3 and a subscription would be fine for a year on most of the planet.

Not sure of the current prices but SPOT 2 was $150 with a $50 coupon when I bought mine, so the hardware was $100. The subscription, which is the service by which the company responds to SPOT's transmission of where it is is another $100 or $150 / year. Most people, me included, seem to go for the $150 service because it allows a couple of features that might be useful so to get set up with SPOT in the olden days of two years ago, it is $250 out the door and working, and then $150 a year to maintain the service. I do not know the price of the current SPOT 3, especially after discounts or coupons.

You do NOT NEED SPOT to participate in Spot Walla though, you can use other hardware such as some (most?) smartphones at no additional cost. Android phones are currently supported through software (check the specific phone to see if it works with the app. and has an on- board GPS locator) and the Iphone was supported until August 9. There is no direct app. that works on an Iphone right now but I understand they are being actively written and should be out.... shortly. I believe a lot of other devices that have access to a GPS chip and WiFi can also use Spot Walla although obviously the coverage is 'spotty' when actively traveling. But then again, it is a free service so not much room to complain.

Just as an aside, while SPOT is expensive, it is relatively cheap as satellite locating devices goes. The neat thing about SPOT is that it works most anywhere on the planet while things like smartphones need line- of- sight cell towers and have limited coverage, especially in open, desolate areas like parts of the western US. SPOT speaks directly to a satellite network so <usually> if you have a fairly clean view of the sky, SPOT works. Other satellite locating devices are many times more expensive than SPOT.

Brian

Pat and Sher in MA said:
Oh Canada...  Sounds like fun Greg  :motonoises:

BDF, How much does all this SPOT fun cost? I see Spot Gen 3's and it looks like they include
basic tracking with those. Is basic enough for the Lake George Spotwalla fun?

No problem, I saved a cool 'spot' for you. :)

Brian

WG said:
Plan to e-mail you late tomorrow or Tuesday once we get back from the Cape.  Hopefully all the cool spots won't be taken before then ... :))

Greg Habel said:

Looks good Greg, and very interested. Very similar to the route I took several years ago. No vittles during that run, but just a nice trip up and back to visit our neighbors in the north. Will catch up with you at LG about making this run.

Guy

And, FWIW - we're ready to go. Just need to throw a few tighty-whities in the bags and I'm outta here bright and early Weds. morning. Ya'll have a safe trip, and see you in LG.

I plan on leaving somewhat early on Thursday to head up. But since I'm not all that far, it will probably be a scenic back road ride the whole way up for me. I guess it depends on how I feel Thursday morning. If not doing good, it could be alternated to a partial back road or all out slab if necessary. Hopefully it will be a good day and I can enjoy the day riding up rather than the much less desirable slab ride. But either way, I should be up in Lake George by early afternoon sometime. I'm looking foward to seeing folks again.  :beerchug:

connieklr said:
Looks good Greg, and very interested. Very similar to the route I took several years ago. No vittles during that run, but just a nice trip up and back to visit our neighbors in the north. Will catch up with you at LG about making this run.

Guy

Sounds good Guy, I may do a slight revision on the lunch stop to see if I can cut the route down by 30 mins or so.

Weather looks AWESOME folks! :great:

I'll be heading up Wed morning and staying at Scott's place.  Anyone coming up early give me a jingle Wed afternoon, but we'll probably take a ride by the hotel to set up.

See you up north! ;)

Terrynyc said:
Weather looks AWESOME folks! :great:

I'll be heading up Wed morning and staying at Scott's place.  Anyone coming up early give me a jingle Wed afternoon, but we'll probably take a ride by the hotel to set up.

See you up north! ;)

If I get out of here when I want to, and all goes according to Hoyle and the stars align, I should be up there sometime around 5:00. Will give you a hollar once I get checked in.

For those with GPS and who are going on my ride to southern Quebec on Saturday morning 8:30 am, here's the GPX file.

Attachments

• LakeGeorgeToCanada.gpx
    254.5 KB · Views: 101
Greg Habel said:
For those with GPS and who are going on my ride to southern Quebec on Saturday morning 8:30 am, here's the GPX file.

Greg,
I can get away for a day trip on Saturday.  Where are you meeting for this trip? I will be headed over from Canton so I can make the start in LG or cut across above the mountains and catch you before you cross the border. I also have a few C-10 door prizes for the diner Saturday night. (Helmet relocation brackets, a complete set of Murph's fairing bolts, a dash knob kit).

I can't do dinner so I will head back to Canton toward the end of the ride. :great:

Patroller said:
Greg Habel said:

Greg,
I can get away for a day trip on Saturday.  Where are you meeting for this trip? I will be headed over from Canton so I can make the start in LG or cut across above the mountains and catch you before you cross the border. I also have a few C-10 door prizes for the diner Saturday night. (Helmet relocation brackets, a complete set of Murph's fairing bolts, a dash knob kit).

I can't do dinner so I will head back to Canton toward the end of the ride. :great:

We'll meet at Motel Montreal in the parking lot.  I have a 99 Concours - purple, with red Givi trunk.  Hope to see you there!  Bring your passport.

Greg Habel said:
Patroller said:
Greg Habel said:

Greg,

We'll meet at Motel Montreal in the parking lot.  I have a 99 Concours - purple, with red Givi trunk.  Hope to see you there!  Bring your passport.

It may be easier to say to look for the Spyder. Well that's if the better half is coming to Lake George.  :))

Sailor Rich said:
oh no the Hotel has spyders say what :truce:

Yes, Greg's better half will be there with Boris the Spyder.  My Spyder doesn't bite and doesn't have 8 legs.  :-\It is a Black Can Am Spyder.  See you on Saturday!  :motonoises:

Boohrahh!! I will see you all Sat. night... the Beautiful Other and I are caging up to LG for Sat. + Sun. -- doc says no C14 for a couple more weeks! The indignity of it all!

I am bring the high-zoot photo gear as I need a cover shot for the Fall Concourier... hopefully I can enlist a "clean" bike or two for a cover shoot Sat. evening or Sunday morning? So don't forget the S-100.

Looking muchly forward to this...

Are you interested in having Mr. Elkhoof model for a photo? If so I can give him a shampoo and rinse before the trip....

Brian

ProfessorKonk said:
Boohrahh!! I will see you all Sat. night... the Beautiful Other and I are caging up to LG for Sat. + Sun. -- doc says no C14 for a couple more weeks! The indignity of it all!

I am bring the high-zoot photo gear as I need a cover shot for the Fall Concourier... hopefully I can enlist a "clean" bike or two for a cover shoot Sat. evening or Sunday morning? So don't forget the S-100.

Looking muchly forward to this...

Just starting to get the hint Wayne?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Terry, I'm looking at the Vermont Notch #1 & #2 files. Are these purposely set up NOT to loop?

BDF said:
Are you interested in having Mr. Elkhoof model for a photo? If so I can give him a shampoo and rinse before the trip....

Ha! I think Mr. Elkhoof is ready for his Concourier debut... but only if my wife gets to hear the Cat Joke. :great:

No promises- The Cat Joke (TM) is a very delicate, time and environment sensitive event that just cannot be brought up 'willy- nilly'. If the conditions present themselves..... sure. By the way, we now have a warm- up for The Cat Joke (TM) that is getting pretty good reviews; remind me and I'll see if we can do both.

Brian

ProfessorKonk said:
Ha! I think Mr. Elkhoof is ready for his Concourier debut... but only if my wife gets to hear the Cat Joke. :great:

Kick stand up at 5:00 am should put me at the Montreal with 15-20 minutes to spare! A quick coffee and I will be ready for the day >:D

Wayne_Sikorski said:
Terry, I'm looking at the Vermont Notch #1 & #2 files. Are these purposely set up NOT to loop?

Wayne those are files that were put up by members using my old typed route sheets from former rallies.  As you know the mapping software likes to do fun things to the routes.  The latest Vermont Notch hop which should be dated for this Sept was proofread by yours truly and Steve the incomparable Smith.  One note, Scotty was out that way last week and saw some signs for coming road work.  Naturally due to his advanced age he can't quite remember what they said!  LOL :-\

Just be advised that 125 might have some work on it.

I have seen that our first Coggers have arrived at the Hotel Montreal.

https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=195

What a country!

Brian

BDF said:
I have seen that our first Coggers have arrived at the Hotel Montreal.

https://spotwalla.com/locationViewer.php?id=195

What a country!

Brian

Brian, that is so cool!! I wanted to join as well but have an I-phone!!!  :mad:

The bubbler app seems to be working OK. Tracked my way to work and back home today. On schedule for an 0600 departure; should arrive before lunch.

My Tracker: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=7f16524227cf39737

Yep, it works.

Mine will go active at midnight tonight and is located at: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=7e96523d0e4eddc51

Brian

Wayne_Sikorski said:
The bubbler app seems to be working OK. Tracked my way to work and back home today. On schedule for an 0600 departure; should arrive before lunch.

My Tracker: https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=7f16524227cf39737