• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COG ski day ????? [NY/MA border]

johnnylunchbox

NE AAD Hudson Valley
How many North East Area members do we have here that are skiers?

Would there be any interest in a COG ski meet and greet at a local ski hill on the NY/MA border?

Just trying to gauge interest.

I'm a skier.  Been a season pass holder at Cannon Mountain in Franconia NH for 25 years.

The NY/MA border is too far south for me.    Is anyone up in the northern parts of NH or VT?

Steve,
Good idea. I’m a skier. I was up at Killington last January. Not sure I’ll make it back to NE again this year. 

I was thinking of Catamount as it is my local ski hill.  It’s a great mountain for first time skiers and has interesting stuff for advanced skiers as well.  Also it’s a relatively affordable and no-frills kind of place.

I've never skied there and the GF hasn't had boards on her feet in many years so a beginners hill might be necessary. We are interested. Might get more of a response once we get out of the deep freeze and past the holidays. I will keep checking

Skied Catamount a few times in the past. Great little place, far enough out of the way that it is not as packed as Butternut or others nearer interstates. There is a couple of good drops for the more advanced.
I cracked my boot last year and haven't replaced it yet and GF isn't into skiing anymore so we are out as participants but may be inclined to be spectators depending on the date. Maybe by March we will be out of the bitter cold weather ::).
Can't remember the lodge layout (view of slopes from inside) and if it had a firepit area outside for hanging out.

Never skied, which is weird considering I grew up very close to multiple ski centers. So I also would be a non skier. Although I have spent some time in the lodges before.  ;D

I used to have a funny list of steps on how to prepare for ski season. Among the things to do are to wear stiff and hard plastic boots and walk on ice carrying poles and skies and helmet. It had a bunch of hard other things to do that were no fun. But the first thing to do to practice was to take two crisp $100.00 bills and set them on fire. Skiing is perhaps the most expensive thing you can do as a sport or hobby. But it sure makes winter interesting and go a heck of a lot faster.

Sorry.  I am going to have to shelve this since some family issues with an elderly ailing parent are taking up most of my time these days and for the foreseeable near future.