• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Cold temperature storage........

RUSHFAN

Bicycle
Here's a question for you guys in the great white north. What's the coldest temp ( please specify f or c) that you have stored your C14 in? Also have you had any problems with the plastic cracking?

What ever the outside temperature has happened to be. You have sub zero weather in the winter up here. But mostly it's probably 0-30 degrees F at night. But on occasion we get weather down around 10-20 below zero. Never had problems with the bike. But of corse it's not sitting out directly in the weather either.

I'm originally from the northern Adirondack Park area of NY. Most of my family still lives in the area. I believe snowmobile plastics are the same material and I have never heard of them cracking from the cold and that's as far down as -40 F.

Scott

Scott Bechler said:
I'm originally from the northern Adirondack Park area of NY. Most of my family still lives in the area. I believe snowmobile plastics are the same material and I have never heard of them cracking from the cold and that's as far down as -40 F.

Scott

Thanks Scott, That's what i was thinking, but I had to ask.