• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Concours Carving the Cumberlands or, Spring Rally 2022

motocommuter

The chatter for this rally has been underwhelming. Meals, lodging and registration for 75 dollars for 4 glorious days in TN should have this rally near max numbers by now.
Get in there and get it done.

Concours Owners Group - Concours Carving the Cumberlands - SECOG Spring Rally [TN]
Thanks Al!!

We are locking down the menus.

Breakfast is the same, eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, pancakes and COFFEE!!

Dinner Thursday: Lasagna, Spaghettis' & Meatballs, Salad & Garlic Toast and cookies for dessert.
Dinner Friday: Baked Chicken, Green Beans, Baked Potatoes, Salad & Peach Cobbler.
Dinner Saturday: Pork Loin, Corn, French Fries, Salad & a dessert TBD (probably cupcakes).

FYI, there maybe some variations to the menu but the above is what we are thinking.

No lunch but any leftovers can be warmed up and eaten as long as you clean up after yourself.

There is a walk in refrigerator and freezer should anyone need to store anything that needs to be cold. There is also an ice machine available to us in the kitchen.

Pitter Patter, let's get at'er and sign up!!

IronButtAl

You're doing all the hard work Kurt, and have this down to a science. Nice menu. I'm the cook for Thursday dinner and Saturday breakfast.
Anybody been around long enough to remember my Suches Airport spaghetti suppers? Or my hamburg and hot dog frequent rally treat. Let's see the love

bugnut

I didn't get a harumph outta that guy! 🤪

Its looking better and better. We made a trip over and eyeballed the sight thisnpast weekend. Hiked to Fall Creek Falls and Cane Falls while there. The place is gorgeous. Hiking, biking and farting around is easy here. Plus, we found some roads I really wish I was on the bike for. Blasted as fast as a Xterra can can with a 3" lift and 33s!

Get on board y'all, its a bargain, the place is cool, and you can do a $hit ton of other stuff. Jack Daniel's, George ****le and Nearest Green distilleries are an easy day trip. Plus riding in between! Can't be beat! And you get food before and after your day? Each DAY?! Count me in! Oh, yeah already in!

Hope to see y'all there!
Mike

bugnut

Still looking for a lead chef / big chief for leading meal effort on Friday and Sunday Breakfast. Can certainly shift folks around as wanted.

1649331103588.png

And bunkmates so far - lots of cabins to spare so if someone is noisy 😴 or ... stinky 😵, got extra open ones for sure at this point.

1649331303704.png

Spread the word. This should be a blast!
Mike

Hydroman

I have really been looking forward to this rally, but I have had a scheduling conflict and I am not going to be able to make it for the weekend. I might try to come up on Thursday and spend one night. I would have leave by noon on Friday.

ONOBob

A small bump for this event! You KNOW you want to be there!

So far I've got the below tentatively worked out for jobs. As you can see, we need a Cook for Thursday Dinner, Friday Breakfast and Sunday Breakfast...and a few more slots for helpers and more women! ;) Once we have a few more attendees and volunteers for the slots we'll be in good shape job-wise and cut back on the double up jobs. So Register! Volunteer! The effort needs you! Yeah, YOU!

View attachment 31952

Cabin-wise, I have this based on requests and pull of the hat. Knowing we have PLENTY of space, we can just about crash in one bunkhouse each. So just a general pick and choose right now -

View attachment 31954

Open to shifting jobs/bunks as needed/wanted provided we have space, availability and no one goes hungry or sleep depraved due to snoring. Be warned Rocky and Erik! 🤫

Mike

Hey Mike,
Just an FYI... I'm bringing a guest / non COG member with me.
His name is Terry Peters.
Thanks
Bob

SJR

Any chance to get the ride routes, plan on being at the park in late August early September?

bugnut

Hey Steve,
I don't think we've had anyone plan specific routes for this one. Lots of places to go to around the area. If any one has any, please post up!

Mike

Tom NWGA

Hey, feeling left out 😔. Have actually been registered awhile...was it something I said about the beer selection?? 😎
Can do breakfast as needed...

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Hey, feeling left out 😔. Have actually been registered awhile...was it something I said about the beer selection?? 😎
Can do breakfast as needed...
You can be the Chief cook and bottle washer, or maybe the PLO.

motocommuter

Registration closes in a week, Thursday April 21st.

We won’t have much leeway in taking late registrations as we are purchasing the food based on registration numbers on the 21st.

bugnut

Of those attending, anyone interested in a one time, one size, one color version of that image above on a T?

Plan is to have ONLY XXL, Burgandy to dark red color, and only pre-ordres at $20 COD at the rally.

Just semi-exploratory at this point, and only a week really to give me time to make them up between 4 to 6 meetings daily, system go lives and breakdowns, and corralling a herd of 6 'cats' under my supervision daily, while working remotely!

So order quick and we'll start a string of people.

Mike

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Of those attending, anyone interested in a one time, one size, one color version of that image above on a T?

Plan is to have ONLY XXL, Burgandy to dark red color, and only pre-ordres at $20 COD at the rally.

Just semi-exploratory at this point, and only a week really to give me time to make them up between 4 to 6 meetings daily, system go lives and breakdowns, and corralling a herd of 6 'cats' under my supervision daily, while working remotely!

So order quick and we'll start a string of people.

Mike
1 for me if XXL 1 more if L is an option.

Just Cliff

Mike

XXL will fit both of us & a baby at the same time! :unsure:

Last edited:

bugnut

OK, based on the few sideline chats so far, going to order 28 shirts as of now. 16 XXL, and then 12 XL. Sooo, same thing, names and commitments would be okey dokey please.

Ron - XXL
Katie - XL ?
Mike - XXL

#s left 14 XXL, 11 XL

mcfly

OK, based on the few sideline chats so far, going to order 28 shirts as of now. 16 XXL, and then 12 XL. Sooo, same thing, names and commitments would be okey dokey please.

Ron - XXL
Katie - XL ?
Mike - XXL

#s left 14 XXL, 11 XL
Though I'm really a L, I'm more comfortable in an XL.
Put me down for (1) XL please.

gbike

I went for a ride for a ride today. out to falls creek falls. I went on highway 30 from Mcminville tn to 284 that goes into the park. At about 5 miles out of Spencer tn going east on 30 there is a light and a short one lane. The road gave away at a corner. Other wise it's good and curvy. put me down for a XXl. Glenn.

bugnut

Ron - XXL
Katie - XL ?
Mike - XXL
Marty - XL
Glenn - XXL
Kurt - XL

#s left 13 XXL, 9 XL

Last edited:

Tom NWGA

Am stoked about my routes to and from the event. A visit to the 'W' up the backside of Signal Mountain and SR 127 in SE Tennessee and a return leg through Villanow and Subligna or the Pocket in Floyd County. Most excellent road trip ahead!

bugnut

Ron - XXL
Katie - XL ?
Mike - XXL
Marty - XL
Glenn - XXL
Kurt - XL
Tom - XL (sheesh, about time!) 😉

#s left 13 XXL, 8 XL

bugnut

Yes sir!

Ron - XXL
Katie - XL ?
Mike - XXL
Marty - XL
Glenn - XXL
Kurt - XL
Tom - XL
Ken - XXL

#s left 12 XXL, 8 XL

bugnut

Gotcha Ken. Doing my side hustle as a working stiff and catching up slowly! One of these days gotta give up that side hustle!

Mike

Tom NWGA

Not having been to this event before, who's got intel on the roads in the area? Thinking a return thru Spencer/Calfkiller Brewery may be an option...

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Calfkiller is a must stop for you. Two brothers started it about 4-5 years ago. YOU will particularly enjoy it.

motocommuter

Not having been to this event before, who's got intel on the roads in the area? Thinking a return thru Spencer/Calfkiller Brewery may be an option...
Calfkiller does tours on Saturday, reservations are recommended. There is the Devil’s Triangle ( https://devilstriangletn.com ) N/NW of Oakridge. Also good roads N of Cookville. Hwy 30 from McMinville thru Spencer, past FCF to Pikeville is a good ride.

Also check this site out: https://www.ridethesmokies.com/rides/cherohala-triangle

State of TN has Moto Road Maps, stop at the TN welcome center and pick one up. Glenn lives in Murfreesboro and should be good resource for good roads to ride.

bugnut

OK, unless we get any late comers to the party - deadline has pass so shouldn't, unless there's a bribe in there somewhere, here's the cabin and job assignments. And I'll take bribes for those too! ;) I kid, I kid!

1650644031660.png

One Job that's empty at the moment is Bathhouse attendant for last day. Not an issue but would love a volunteer to just run a last pass to clean up before we all bug out.

1650644053776.png

As mentioned, it's gonna be chilly at night, and the cabins are, um, somewhat less than sealed against the elements. So you might not get wet in the rain (no rain please!), but you'll feel the breeze! Planning on personally bringing my Little Buddy heater and a few green bottles to ward off the chill! And again, I'm pretty sure there's only one outlet in each of the cabins so judicial use of 110 will be required!

Still have time for shirts. XXL and XL are available.
Ron - XXL
Katie - XL
Mike - XXL
Marty - XL
Glenn - XXL
Kurt - XL
Tom - XL
Ken - XXL

#s left 12 XXL, 8 XL

Thanks, and look forward to see y'all!
Mike

1650645451720.png

ron203

Southeast Area Director
Everyone please check-in/sign-in when you get there, so you get your wristband and your swag (assuming I remember to bring it....) and so you can eat. Gonna be a nice weekend!