• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

COOK FOREST WEEKENDER ( PA ) JULY 13-15

This has turned into an annual event with a great turnout every year. The campground is very motorcycle friendly and they have a very nice campground. Come out and join the gang the cook forest area is a awesome place for riding. There are great roads with plenty of attractions to visit and awesome scenery. For you dual-sporters, they have a awesome trail system in the forest to explore, or just kick back and relax around the campfire. They are holding a area for us so when calling for a reservation mention you are with COG.  Two tents per site so you can share a site if you would like too. They also have a cabin and sleeping rooms for rent for those who prefer that. Hope to see everyone there. Contact me if you need more info. all the camping details campground info is located on the n.e. calander for july, hope some of you can make it. thanks joe

I was looking forward to this, but due to health issues I will not be able to attend. Maybe next year.  :-[

sorry to hear your not going to make it jr, we usually get a good showing from the maryland gang. two weeks out book those sites  :motonoises:

I camped at Cook Forrest SP last Sunday on my way to Niagara Falls and the NY Finger Lakes. I couldn't agree more, with your assessment of the park and area. I can't make this trip but hopefully it will come around again.  Thanks for organizing it.

Joe_Cyprych_PA said:
sorry to hear your not going to make it jr, we usually get a good showing from the maryland gang. two weeks out book those sites  :motonoises:

Thanks Joe, I don't seem to be able to make Kalyumet. Missed it last year too.

Are you panning any type of ride Saturday morning or Sunday? I will be in the area that weekend. If not I might just drop by to meet your group. Thanks Brian Depew SC AAD COG #2508.

hello guys, brian, as far as the saturday ride we usually plan out on fri. night whos going where and when and hook up and go, very informal weekender lots of great roads and things to see, paul the usual suspects and some new ones are planning on being there, hope you guys can make it.  were a week out, book those sites  :motonoises:

Paul_Gerhardt_MD said:
I am contemplating going up to the Cook Forest.  Who else is going?

Why the ever mysterious PG is considering going!  Sorry I won't be able to make it, although the good news is we got finally power back after 6 days!

Dusty_Strom said:
Paul_Gerhardt_MD said:
I am contemplating going up to the Cook Forest.  Who else is going?

Why the ever mysterious PG is considering going!  Sorry I won't be able to make it, although the good news is we got finally power back after 6 days!

Are you in or near Baltimore? The State offices were without power a long time and closed.

Have Power but it was off for 6 days at my rental townhouse that I am trying to re rent.  My mother in Lovettsville was out for 8 days! Have a few 'balls in the air' with the rental house but it may settle down...

I couldn't find you guys this morning. I didn't know there were several camp grounds in cooks forest. I rode around a lot but I didn't see any one. I had a nice ride any way. I will be here in the area until July 27 if you are having any rides let me know..

brian, hey sorry we didnt hook up,hopefully next time, hey just wanted to thank all that showed up, we had a great time and even though it looked like we might get wet, we stayed dry all weekend, thanks again to all those who made the effort to attend. take care joe