• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Coon Valley (WI) Wrench & Ride - May 17 & 18

: :-\-\ Of course ill be there. Havnt missed one yet. A bunch of nice people bsin and wrenchin. And kens always a great host. See you there!!!!

Hi guys.  I plan on being there.

Am good at manual labor and taking direction.

One thing I would like is someone to work with me to properly sync my carbs.  Will someone bring a sync tool?

Hello. I'm hoping to make this event. I'm new to COG and just bought a 2004 Concours. I'm hoping to get some information on doing the proper fixes to prevent hydrolocking and find someone near Madison, Wisconsin to help me do this asap. Take care.

Alekkas said:
Hi guys.  I plan on being there.

Am good at manual labor and taking direction.

One thing I would like is someone to work with me to properly sync my carbs.  Will someone bring a sync tool?
I'm certain that Ken has a synch tool......just show up and it will get done!

Banger said:
Hello. I'm hoping to make this event. I'm new to COG and just bought a 2004 Concours. I'm hoping to get some information on doing the proper fixes to prevent hydrolocking and find someone near Madison, Wisconsin to help me do this asap. Take care.

Come on up!  You will find all the guidance you need at Ken's. See ya there!

I had a very good time meeting a bunch of new people and Ken is a very gracious host.  Had barbecued Chicken at the church next door (they happened to be having a fund raiser) and changed the battery on my rear TPMS.  Ken is very lucky to have a tire changer bolted to the floor of his garage, that really made quick work of it.  I got to look at a few C-10's too, nice bikes.  There is no bad reason to take a ride but I just found a good one.  :motonoises:

Me too!

I benefited greatly at this year's Wrench & Ride. 

My bike was first in Ken's generous shop.  Up on his in-floor, pneumatic lift it went.

My front fender was making noises not normally attributed to fenders.  Upon inspection, the fender bracket was loose.  Ken's handy dandy Drill press put three more holes on each side where he popped in three (non-Kawasaki branded) rivets.  Now that fender is quiet.

My replacement left bag is not sealing up tight when closed.  The group provided ideas to increase the material in the latch catch.  Looks like 8-penny nails cut off to a short length might do the trick for now.  Of course, Carey said to 'Panel-Bond' them in...

The last activity on my steed was to stiffen up the front brake lever.  It has been spongy after I installed stainless-steel lines during the off-season (those six months we call 'winter' in Wisconsin).  Jerry, a.k.a. JerBer, helped me get them bled again.  Fresher fluid went in and pretty clear stuff came out.  No obvious air bubbles were seen.  The thought that air in the banjo bolt area might still be there was a factor.  My ride home had more resistance in the lever so I say 'Thank You' to all who helped me out!

Buzz and I joined forces for a nice ride home on WI-14 toward my sister's house in Middleton, near Madison.

Wouldn't you know that my sister took her husband out for 'date night' when I got there!  I wanted to see his new-to-him Suzuki he just bought.  Oh, well, another time perhaps.

A good ride back home for me on a refreshed bike!

Matt

PS. I also tested out Spotwalla on the way out.  My iPhone reported in and my track even shows the detour for WI-19 north of Madison.  My custom power outlet kept my phone charged while Navigon spoke over Bluetooth while I would listen to Pandora.  Very entertaining during the ride.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.59.19 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-05-18 at 7.59.19 AM.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 93