• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Crash bars on C14

ridingman

Training Wheels
Greetings Folks.. just installed a set of the MC Enterprises rear crash bars (rollover bars?) on my C14. The set I ordered was the 'small' set from the law enforcement package. The set was ordered and arrived promptly. Good customer service from the company. The bar kit included all the parts for mounting along with instructions. The kit mounted up just fine. The bars give the bike a different look. See a pic of a beautifully set up bike here; http://www.mcenterprisesusa.com/garage/concours_louisville.html Once the bars were mounted I note that use of the passenger footpegs is compromised. The pegs are still there, held in the 'down' position full time, however the place where her heel usually drops behind the peg is now occupied by part of the crash guard. This is not surprising considering that these bars are built for law enforcement use. It is going to be interesting the first time the GF gets on the bike with these bars in place. I'll probably have to relocate the passenger pegs. The bars, however, are going to stay. The uptick in safety is just too compelling. Next up is to order the front set. Hope this is useful to those of you considering a set of these bars.

sorry, i know this is an older post, but you should consider the pass pag lowerers from motorcycle larry. the drop the pegs about 3 inches and set them forward slightly so there is more room for the foot on the peg.

Appreciate the tip. I looked at MC Larry's website and the peg set up you suggest looks good. I have done business with him in the past with good luck.