• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Death Ridges

4bikes

COG#9715 AAD
Pennsylvania is becoming fond of paving half of a lane of travel, I suppose to save money.  This often creates a ridge in the asphalt that parallels the centerline.  If the front or rear wheel touches the ridge, it has a tendency to push the bike left or right, and is especially unnerving  in the turns.  This is why I call them Death Ridges!  :mad: Anybody else experience this?

Same problem here in northern Virginia. I have an Interstate exit ramp on my commute that this was just recently done to. Pure genius! Another problem to watch for is traffic lights on a four lane divided highway. I never ride through the center of a lane at a traffic light due to the fluid droppings on the ground. But several of the traffic lights around here, will be deeply rutted in the right lane from the weight of loaded trucks. So you think your doing the right thing by riding to either side of center of the lane until a rut in the pavement sends you one direction of the other. I try to be in the left lane when going through these types of intersections.

stay safe

Scott