• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

DELKEVIC PIPES

I spoke to a lady from Delkevic Pipes a couple months ago and she told me their pipes go on sale once a year and that day is coming up. ( BLACK FRIDAY 25th november ) One day sale only. Do we have a distributer on our site I can deal with now. I plan on getting the 18 inch chrome pipes that turns down in the back. I saw a post were people who were installing them had a problem with the correct exhaust gasket bending the pipes up. Can someone tell me what is the rt number exhaust gasket so I can go ahead & get a couple of them now. I plan on buying them on black friday. Any tips from anyone who has installed them would be greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
I bought the same pipes but in carbon fiber. They came with the appropriate exhaust gaskets and I had no problem at all installing them. The one tip I will give is to install the left side first, since the side stand rubber stop has to match up to the stand, and the can has much tighter tolerances because of the drive shaft and final drive. Once the left side is mounted, the right is easier to line up symmetrically.

1666358529305.png

Brian. That is a beautiful bike ( Absolutely Beautiful ). You have got a lot of very nice mods that you have done to it. Color is great. What windshield is that on your bike. I like It. Is their any dirt on your bike. ( LOL )

Dean

Thanks Dean. That's a Cee Bailey windscreen. Bought it used from a guy here. It works excellent - fits me and the bike perfectly. And yes, there is dirt on my bike. That picture was taken in March when I installed the Delks. It was still clean from my end of season cleaning and service in December. I've always said a clean bike is a happy bike and happy bikes run better. ;)

Is that sale online only or all sales? I assume when you say "pipes" you are referring to "slip ons" or "mufflers?

STRAWBOSS. All sales 10% off on the 25th of November Black Friday. I will be buying my pipes then. 18 inch oval stainless. Can't wait to get them. Everything is 10% off all sales.

Dean

Strawboss. The C-14 is a great bike. But the stock muffler is terrible looking. Putting a Delkevic slip on is just what it needs to make a great bike a super great bike. I would love to have one but I got 3 bikes already. Nothing wrong with wishing. All that HP would probably get me into trouble.

Dean

Fortunately, I won a set of their slip-ons at the 2016 National in Helen, GA a few years ago. It took me a couple of years to finally get them on my ’95, but I like the looks and the sound – not obnoxious, but a pleasingly moderate rumble.

Only issue I had was that I had to remove my HitchDoc trailer hitch because the two interfered with each other. Wasn’t a problem at the time because I wasn’t using the trailer, so off came the hitch. When the pandemic rolled around, we used Instacart for grocery delivery. That got old after awhile + I got tired paying their service fee. Time to put the trailer back into service.

Fortunately, a fella I knew had a Concours hitch that someone had given him, and he didn’t need it. I picked it up, but it was a Unigo hitch for one of their one-wheel trailers. That wasn’t going to work for my conventional 2-wheel variety, so I had to modify it to work with the trailer, and a bike with the Delkevic pipes. Once done, things had relaxed somewhat pandemic-wise and the store we were using at the time would pull the order so the customer (me in this instance) could do a curbside pickup. That’s when the trailer came into play for large orders. Saddlebags and panniers worked out fine for the smaller orders. Now, I just go into the stores and do my own shopping.

Since all this began, my truck hasn’t seen mileage much over 230 miles/year; just don’t use it that much any more.

Bottom line: if you use their discount to make a purchase, I think you’ll like their product. I sure do.

Last edited:
Isn't there a catalytic converter in the stock muffler too?

Yes, weight savings, looks, sound, price and from what I see, good build and a good price compared to what else it out there. Now, I just have to wait for 11/25.😁