• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Denver area Tech Day...April 20, 2013

CRocker

Denver area Tech Day...April 20, 2013  10am start in Highlands Ranch

Here are the links to the original post http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,41305.0.html

as well as a link to the COG Calendar Event Registration http://cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=183092&mo=4&tDate={d%20%272013-04-11%27}

So that everybody can shake off a little of the (still) Winter Blues and be ready for a great riding season!

Denver6 has stepped up to get things flying high in the Denver area!  So register early...and, come and take part in a great event for COG in Colorado!

We will have both C10 and C14 Service Manuals available...so, don't let it hold you back if you don't have one for your bike...

There's already been a couple of items on the table...tire changes...TPMS install...What have you been waiting to do?

Get registered...and lets make it happen!

I know we have at least one C14 coming, but I don't know if we need a shop manual.  notsluggo has the C14, I'm not sure what he will be doing besides talking about the RRR ride plan  :beerchug:

denver6 said:
I know we have at least one C14 coming, but I don't know if we need a shop manual.  notsluggo has the C14, I'm not sure what he will be doing besides talking about the RRR ride plan  :beerchug:
I have access to a shop manual - thanks though, Old Man.
At most - maybe installing some mondomoto lights - if I remember to order them....
If Bob shows up - he also has a C14.

Yes, I am planning to ride my 2012 C-14. Bringing oil and filter - hoping you have tools and supervision to change both.

Thanks,
Bob

I think my list of things to do is growing too long to be done in one wrench session:
  • new hoses and clamps
  • wheel bearings
  • fork oil
  • speed bleeders and new fluid
  • 50l Coocase install
  • final drive oil
  • spark plugs and wires
  • supervise
  • cook burgers
  • eat burgers
  • shoot the sh!t
  • other duties as assigned

It's gonna be a fun time for all!  Here's hoping for good weather.  :nananana: :D

Guys - I'm still going to be there - but will have to bail around noon.  I'm involved in a food drive that is doing the collection effort on Saturday.
Sometimes, there's just not enough days in the weekend!
:))

My plans have changed as well.
A couple of weeks ago when the weather was nice I went for a short ride and well, long story short the water pump was leaking oil and antifreeze. :'(
So I ordered a water pump from Murphs and planed to get it installed before the Tech Day so I would be ready to ride.
Well when I got into it I had all the plastics off and it only takes two bolts to remove the tank so i figured while I was in there I might as well install the TPMS that I was planning to install during Tech Day.
So I don't have anything to do on Tech Day.
I'm really sorry guys.
Can I still come? I promise not to get in the way. :)

Final confirmation - all systems are go!

Let the wrench flying begin.  :great: :great: :great: :beerchug:

It just occurred to me that this Tech Day is scheduled for 4/20...this isn't going to interfere with anything else...is it?  :rotflmao:

CRocker said:
It just occurred to me that this Tech Day is scheduled for 4/20...this isn't going to interfere with anything else...is it?  :rotflmao:
Who says they can't occur together?  >:D  >:D
Just as long as we're not working on my bike....  :):))

Woo Hoo! ;D  The first Denver Tech Day of the season...and, what a success it was!  Many thanks go out to denver6 for opening up his garage and home for COG riders!  And, a special thanks goes out for the burger lunch that was prepared to perfection! There were eight bikes all together that showed up for some tech sharing and idea swapping (there would have been more if Roy didn't have a foot of snow still at his place :(!)...two C14s and six C10s...sooo...an oil change...replacing wheel bearings...and the phrase "Yeah, I think I could do that to mine..." were just some of the activities that went on today. 

Thanks to all who attended...and, again, thanks to denver6 for hosting!  Next get together is a ride! :motonoises:   

Attachments

• Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 001.jpg
    Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 001.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 002.jpg
    Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 002.jpg
    349.5 KB · Views: 112
  • Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 003.jpg
    Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 003.jpg
    349.1 KB · Views: 111
  • Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 004.jpg
    Denver Tech Day April 20 2013 004.jpg
    343.8 KB · Views: 118
CRocker said:
Oops!  Looks like notsluggo got in the way... ;D

Truth is - Brad just didn't want to show off the aluminum trim he's fabricated around the bottom of the upper fairing.
Really, Brad?  Going to blame me - standing and admiring my own bike - for the "quality" shots of your ride?

Wow, what a turn-out. Thanks for coming everyone.  It was great to put faces to names. 

The wheel bearing job is complete without having to take the rear wheel to Grand Prix.  Today I did the speed bleeders and bled the brakes and clutch.  Still a few more items to complete before June, but I can get it all done.  >:D

Next time, let's ride!  :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises: :motonoises:

notsluggo said:
CRocker said:
Oops!  Looks like notsluggo got in the way... ;D

Really, Brad?  Going to blame me - standing and admiring my own bike - for the "quality" shots of your ride?

Ummm...Well...Yeah...since you brought it up...let's just go with that... :beerchug:

Thanks again Rob for the get together, even though I got nothing done on the bike I sure enjoyed meeting everyone. Looking forward to hitting the hills with you guys!

Brad :)

Yea thanks denver6 what a fun time. :great:
I have to thank everybody that showed up I sure learned allot just talking to everybody.
Looks to me like CO is going to be fun this year looking forward to riding with you guys.
It really was a blast. :beerchug:
Oh and not a roll of duct tape in sight. :))
Allen