• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Double Drop

bikealot

Training Wheels
I didn't drop the bike...but just reporting an incident my son had.  He attends college and decided to ride the bike to school.  He couldn't find a parking place so parked behind a friend's car.  Well wouldn't you know...the friend needs her car but can't back out because of the bike.  So, she gets help from another female friend.  They decide they can move the bike...no problem.  The bike is resting on the side stand...they push until the bike is vertical and over it goes.  They are surprised it fell so easily.  They seek help from another friend..a guy who doesn't ride motorcycles.  The three of them get the bike back to the vertical position but fail to hold it there....over it goes on the other side.  Now they realize it was a bad idea to attempt moving the bike.  They wait for my son to return to move the bike.  Of course my son had no answers as to why he parked the bike behind a car in the first place.  Nothing broke....but a lot of scratches on the mirrors and side bags.  The bike was four months old.  I was not laughing at the time but now it seems pretty funny and wish I could have filmed the incident.

That's a real bummer.  Maybe we need to put signs on our bikes showing how to right it properly or to leave alone!

I wish I could say I wasn;t responsible for MY double drop, but...

Maybe you could put one of those talking alarms on her. "VIPER SECURITY SYSTEM ENGAGED.  STEP AWAY FROM THE VEHICLE"  Or you could put a real pit viper on the seat or sumpin.  :eek:

I'd like to get a lifesized doll and carry it around... it would look like a gang banger or a thug, laying stretched out reaching for my bike, with a realistic bullet wound to the head.

Nothing says "don't touch this bike" like a head-shot thief reaching for it.

But some people think I'm too violent.

I mean, it's not like I want to leave a REAL thief.  At least not every time.