• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Drain Plug Washers

kawasherpa

Does the final drive drain plug use the same size washer as the engine oil drain plug? Do you re use the washer several times before installing a new one? Rick

kawasherpa said:
Does the final drive drain plug use the same size washer as the engine oil drain plug?  Do you re use the washer several times before installing a new one?  Rick

I reuse mine a few times. But I don't know if they are the same size. I think the final drive is smaller. One thing I do know for sure is that the filler caps for the final drive and engine oil are interchangeable!  :D

Seen this question before and I believe the consensus is that both use the same washer.  The consensus was that the washer should be replaced either every time you change oil or pick any number between 1 & infinity.  Personally, my bike came with NO washer and I bought a rubber sided SS washer at Lowes or HD (don't remember which).  No, I don't know the part number or size.  I also think an o-ring would work as well or simply fashion a gasket out of any number of materials.  :)