• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Dropped my Connie

After I finished a great ride on 6/4/08 I wanted to put the Connie up for the day (parked in street) cranked it up and started up the driveway and didn't see a small piece of concrete about the size of a golf ball that had broken off the runup to the driveway.Anyway the front wheel kicked out and lost my balance so to stop the Connie from going down I put my left foot down (bad move on my part!)so there was my Connie on her side! and I had to spend the rest of the day in the Emergency room with a sprained knee and other damage! My 92 Connie sustained very little damage,left mirror and foot peg bracket on the left side ! the worst pain was seeing the Connie on her side I was going about 4 mph when it happened!recovery time is 4 to 6 weeks (Bummer!)

Stephen, CDA0274. Our bikes certainly are heavy; especially when they drop. I know what you mean about looking at your bike when it's lying there in a position you normally never see. I hope you recover quickly. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250

BUMMER. Sorry it had to end with pain other then visual. Drops are never good. I always tell myself that i need to let it go and just stand up on the top of the bike as it goes over. In reality every time it has happen I try to stop it but have managed to reposition my leg and foot far enough out not to get caught under it. I have avoided damage that way but as you know it is way not cool to get caught under it. ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Thanks guy's after living with ice packs for a few days the swelling is starting to go down! will see the Doc on Monday for more x rays and will form a plan of action! The Doc had a hard time with the fact that I dropped it in the driveway he knew that I had been riding most of my life! and couldn't figure out how I could drop the Connie in the middle of the driveway he is not a biker either

Well guys after a little minor surgery I'm on the mend now and can put a little weight on the leg now and the doc told me to start walking on it with crutches and putting more weight on it as I could.My Connie is all fixed up and ready to go so hopefully I will finish mending cause i got cabin fever bad ( going nuts! )Just thought I would let you guys know whats going on this end Stephen Prevatt 92 Connie (Rotagala) Stephen 1992 Connie (Rotagala) CDA 0274

Mend fast! ---------------------------------- I will answer any question. It is up to you to figure out if I should have.
2277636501_61718d569a.jpg
<p align="left"><a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/20211686@N05/">My Photos<br

Stephen Glad to hear you are making progress. The hamstring and other muscles I pulled (nice black and blue all up my leg) when I dropped took a few weeks to fully heal. It was great to get back on the bike and remind myself why I enjoyed motorcycling so much. Speedy recovery to you sir. Greg COG # 7010/7010a (Tracey) CDA 0120 Connie Droppers Anonymous Awards Dude (CDAAD) 99 Connie "Herrin Christabelle". 05 Ninja 250