• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ducati multistrata 1200 S

jtrice

Bicycle
Well traded my 2009 connie today! I will miss her I am sure. Have been a member here since 2014 and have been to 3 conventions and met some great people. Wish you all well. Will have some items for sale in the forum soon.

Hi Neal,
I've never had the pleasure of riding a Multistrada...I'm a little afraid - I may like it too much!
Cool looking ride, and from what I hear/read, quite a ride.
Don't feel like you need to leave, unless you wan to. I'm sure you saw that a significant percentage of bikes at the Nationals are not Connies. If you enjoyed the events, diversity if a good thing.

Enjoy your new ride! :great:

Jorge

Don't go without posting some pictures of the Ducati. I've always admired them but never owned one.

Ditto to what Jorge said, Neal. Don't go, we need local experience at our new Spring rally in Tennesse and besides, I want to watch Jorge (and me) drool over your new Ducati and watch Irene make him squirm when he wants one..  :))

Ron

I sold my 748 last year to buy a Connie. All of my friends, who have Multistradas, wanted to know why I hadn’t looked at a Multistrada. It was because the year before that, my 748 developed an open cell in the battery while on a three day trip to West Virginia, and I couldn’t even find a battery. It ended my trip and I had to trailer the bike home. I decided with the type of riding I do these days I needed a bike that I had a better than average chance of getting repaired if it broke down. I, too, may have loved the Multistrada, but I didn’t want to be nervous about breaking down and finding someplace to repair it when far from home anymore. Based on all of my friends experiences, it’s a fantastic bike and I wish you great success with it. At least now I have two-up room on my Connie so that if one of my buddies does break down I can ferry him to safety.  ;D