• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ECU Tuning Revisions - Nice Evolution! 👌

2andblue

COG Executive Director
Hello COG - If you have Ivan's Performance Products ECU tuning I suggest you contact Ivan and see if the latest updated software will benefit your flash...!

We have a 2017 with the Full AreaP exhaust. We have used Ivan's Performance Products tuning:
  1. 2018 Fully stock machine - Great improvement on the herky-jerky factory swill of a tune (y)
  2. 2020 Full AreaP system installed, ECU tuning revised for the exhaust swap - Now this is Awesome POWER (y)(y)
  3. 2021 Full AreaP tuning revision - Noticeable, smoothness improvement - albeit maybe not ground breaking (y)(y)(y)
  4. 2023 Full AreaP tuning revision - WAIT, WHAT!? - Where did this come, and am I greedy to ask what is next - WOW! (y)(y)(y)(y)
After the above mentioned #4 software install Carol and I rode 500 miles Saturday traveling through some of the best PA Appalachians has to offer. Highway, mountains, loads of twisties, steep elevation changes, on/off throttle, up hill hard pulls, in-town stop/go, from a stop hard acceleration, roll-ons at various RPM's, engine braking... I must say I am impressed yet again, I did not know the opportunity to refine the power delivery still existed.... We were hitting the pavement hard and did not have much time to lollygag, will report back on fuel consumption but I am confident we picked up some efficiency as well.

If you are on the sidelines about getting an ECU flash, get in the game, you will only be disappointed about how long you waited. As noted I am on version # 4 of Ivan's Performance Products software since 2018 and while each update has been noticeable this latest is a significant step up in refinement. Great work Ivan's Performance Products and I know some of you are contributing with real world testing - keep it up!

Note: Shoodaben Engineering also has a series of ECU tuning products for the C-14. I have no experience with this product but I believe Shoodaben Engineering also has had a series of evolutions to their various products and many happy customers her on COG also.

If you own a C-14, get your software updated, get in the game and enjoy more of what's waiting for you inside this machine. If you have any specific questions for me, please PM, I will be happy to share my experiences over the last few years with this awesome machine.

Wayne, Carol & An Even Happier Blue

Hello COG - If you have Ivan's Performance Products ECU tuning I suggest you contact Ivan and see if the latest updated software will benefit your flash...!

We have a 2017 with the Full AreaP exhaust. We have used Ivan's Performance Products tuning:
  1. 2018 Fully stock machine - Great improvement on the herky-jerky factory swill of a tune (y)
  2. 2020 Full AreaP system installed, ECU tuning revised for the exhaust swap - Now this is Awesome POWER (y)(y)
  3. 2021 Full AreaP tuning revision - Noticeable, smoothness improvement - albeit maybe not ground breaking (y)(y)(y)
  4. 2023 Full AreaP tuning revision - WAIT, WHAT!? - Where did this come, and am I greedy to ask what is next - WOW! (y)(y)(y)(y)
After the above mentioned #4 software install Carol and I rode 500 miles Saturday traveling through some of the best PA Appalachians has to offer. Highway, mountains, loads of twisties, steep elevation changes, on/off throttle, up hill hard pulls, in-town stop/go, from a stop hard acceleration, roll-ons at various RPM's, engine braking... I must say I am impressed yet again, I did not know the opportunity to refine the power delivery still existed.... We were hitting the pavement hard and did not have much time to lollygag, will report back on fuel consumption but I am confident we picked up some efficiency as well.

If you are on the sidelines about getting an ECU flash, get in the game, you will only be disappointed about how long you waited. As noted I am on version # 4 of Ivan's Performance Products software since 2018 and while each update has been noticeable this latest is a significant step up in refinement. Great work Ivan's Performance Products and I know some of you are contributing with real world testing - keep it up!

Note: Shoodaben Engineering also has a series of ECU tuning products for the C-14. I have no experience with this product but I believe Shoodaben Engineering also has had a series of evolutions to their various products and many happy customers her on COG also.

If you own a C-14, get your software updated, get in the game and enjoy more of what's waiting for you inside this machine. If you have any specific questions for me, please PM, I will be happy to share my experiences over the last few years with this awesome machine.

And all this time I've been thinking Blue was a dog!🤣

😏err, "Blue" is a dog. 😂
(Don't tell 2andblue I sed that...) <smarty azzed / evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Sorry for my misbehavior, but Bud gave me an opening..

err; Getting back to 2and blue's original note.
Do get you're ECU Flashed. You'll be glad you did!
It's the biggest bang for your buck improvement you a can do.

Ride safe, Ted

PS; Ya did good Bud.
(Don't tell anyone we planned that)

😏err, "Blue" is a dog. 😂
(Don't tell 2andblue I sed that...) <smarty azzed / evil grin>

Ride safe, Ted

Confirmed Blue is a dog; a hungry dog. HUNGRY DOGS run faster, rip meaner, bark louder!

I think most find our banter a relief... Life is short, let's have some fun!

Wayne, Carol & Blue

So how is that exhaust velocity cone working out for you? Many folks have reported the lower end throttle response improved, I would anticipate your results to be the same.

So how is that exhaust velocity cone working out for you? Many folks have reported the lower end throttle response improved, I would anticipate your results to be the same.
Hi Steve - I have not yet tried. I was interested in doing it and actually have a reducer here but lost interest with other ‘things’ going on.

I don’t recall did you ever dyno it? I realize dyno and real world are different but interested nonetheless of the before / after.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Hi Steve - I have not yet tried. I was interested in doing it and actually have a reducer here but lost interest with other ‘things’ going on.

I don’t recall did you ever dyno it? I realize dyno and real world are different but interested nonetheless of the before / after.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
No, been to sick. Plus, this never was shared as increasing power, but instead for sharpening throttle response while having no negative impact on power. There's a number of positive evals in my vendor area, here's one specific to the AreaP system

No, been to sick. Plus, this never was shared as increasing power, but instead for sharpening throttle response while having no negative impact on power. There's a number of positive evals in my vendor area, here's one specific to the AreaP system
Wish you a speedy recovery Steve, hopefully nothing too serious.

Get better. Two wheel therapy?

Wayne, Carol & Blue