• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

ELDON MISSOURI RTE MAY 17 2014

Rasmith

As Promised, in collaboration with GMAZZ and the St Louis Crew, we've set up a RTE in a location that will allow riders from several areas to attend. Because this RTE is a little more than a cross town ride, I put it up on the calendar today to allow everyone ample time to plan for it.

This is one of several RTE's we'll try to put on as well as a few that are closer to our local areas.

Calendar Link http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=201068&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D01%27%7D

We set this up for registration just so we have a head count for the Cafe. Let's try to coordinate our arrival to the Cafe between 11:30AM and 12PM.

Lot's of good roads to this one folks!    :motonoises:

We're not sure if anyone wants to hit a point of interest while we're there or just head on back home. Let us know your thoughts on this.

Hope to see you there!!  :great:

MizzouMike said:
Currently in pencil, but I hope to change that, thanks for setting this up Rick!

No Prob Mike

This was one of the things Tom, Gmazz and worked up.

Hope you can make it

I hate to say it buuttttt, while in MS this weekend attending a wedding I made tentative plans to meet some old friends in TN to ride. Leaving on the 17th, we'll have to see how this plays out.

Cliff  :beerchug:

Calendar looks positive so far, believe it or not.  Will have to check on #9207A's availability, but at least I should actually make this one.

Looking forward to this!
Everyone should have the scoots out of moth balls by now.

Come on St Louis Area riders!! Let's get signed up!!

This event is still on Schedule

While at Cliff's Horseshoe Mtn event last weekend, a couple folks indicated the restaurant we picked out in Eldon might not be the best place as far as food and atmosphere is concerned. (This wasnt the first time I had questionable feedback on the place in the last couple weeks)They also said the pickings would be much better a few miles down the road at Bagnel Dam. Someone mentioned a place that was on the water and had awsome food. Might have been Baxters but I've slept since that conversation and my CRS is in high gear. :mad:

I did check out Baxters on the web and they got great reviews and is on the water with outdoor seating.

Keep checking back here. Im hoping the person who suggested the restaurant will pipe in. If I dont hear from them within a week, We'll move this
to a better location. I will post the location in the subject line and throw out one of my email blasts well.

Again, the only thing changing is the location being 13 miles away. Im positive the change will be worth it just in scenery alone.

Thanks folks!!

Another place that pops in my head is the Sunrise Cantina on Hwy 5. I believe it's in Sunrise Beach, technically, but who knows. It overlooks a huge valley and the western fork of the lake. Terrific Mexican food...they have a shredded beef burrito that is incredible. I don't think there is outdoor seating, though...that would be cool to have available, especially with a bunch of rowdy COGgers.

I still like the Bagnell Dam area also. Hwy W between there and Versailles is a really fun road.

OK Folks!

I've gotten several suggestions from Tom and others for the Sunrise Cantina which also got rave reviews on Trip Advisor  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g44952-d4064967-Reviews-Sunrise_Cantina-Sunrise_Beach_Lake_of_the_Ozarks_Missouri.html

Updated Calendar Event: http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDetail.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=201068&mo=5&tDate=%7Bd%20%272014%2D05%2D11%27%7D

Event Location: 264 Sunset Hills Dr, Sunrise Beach, MO 65079 
http://goo.gl/maps/Fs1TV

My Route: http://goo.gl/maps/mrRDX

I'll be gassing up at the Quik Trip at 71/150 HWY and heading out at 9am with an ETA to the Cantina at 11:30AM.

This is not a group ride event however you are welcome to join up with me if you so desire.

OK Tony! Get registered!! :)

Might use this as an opportunity to scout out other places to meet up.

See you all there!!!

Life wins again. Probably not gonna make it after all. Too many things occurring all at once.

Until earlier today, I was looking to have to drop out of the National as well, but that issue was resolved favorably.

Y'all enjoy...be safe. BTW, the shredded beef burrito at the Sunrise Cantina is amazing...just sayin'.

So, it's a little chilly out. I was going to blame our NC friends to the North but it's warmer in Minneapolis than it is here ???

Winter gloves and top layer to start off then I should be able to shed them after lunch at a nice 65°  :great:

Just flew in from SC last night and this weather was quite the shocker. Out to MN tomorrow. Hope it warms up!!

Going to be chilly for all the graduation parties going on for sure!

Great day for a ride! Started a little cool but not too bad. Day ended up to be a fantastic day for riding.
We had 12 riders show including myself and the food was great! I didn't hear any complaints.

Had to hotfoot it home to make a double graduation party. Got home in time to shower and change. By 8PM I was done for and mamma saved me from falling asleep on the in-laws sofa.

Thanks to all who participated! Hope everyone made it home safe!

For those who couldn't make it. Shame on you :)
Next time!

Back in town. Didnt have photo editing on my mew laptop so had to wait to post these till today. Sorry for the delay

In the Group Photo at the Bikes: Left to Right
Kneeling-Harold Massey-F. Tim Pryor
2nd Row- Andrea Peterman- Glenn Peterman-Tony K-Former Member Name unknown-Norge Rider-Ronnie Agostini-John
Back Gary Mazzola

Sorry, if you didnt register your name, Im not accountable for remembering. Have enough trouble finding my way home.

Attachments

• IMG_0860a.jpg
    IMG_0860a.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_0853a.jpg
    IMG_0853a.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0846a.jpg
    IMG_0846a.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 96
More Pics

Attachments