• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Ephrata Pa. biker breakfast 8/4/13

chuckster

Meeting at Don's Kawasaki in Hellam at 8 o'clock. Kickstands up at 8:15. Russell Fleming offered to lead us on a ride to Ephrata. Then leave Ephrata around 10:30 and ride to East Berlin for a late lunch at Wild Hog BBQ. This is in south central Pa.

Chuck Landis said:
Meeting at Don's Kawasaki in Hellam at 8 o'clock. Kickstands up at 8:15. Russell Fleming offered to lead us on a ride to Ephrata. Then leave Ephrata around 10:30 and ride to East Berlin for a late lunch at Wild Hog BBQ.
It might be helpful to post the state where this is happening, to make it easier for those that don't know the area to find it.

Guessing it is PA, since that was the only state I could find with those place names.

Outback Jon said:
It might be helpful to post the state where this is happening, to make it easier for those that don't know the area to find it.

Good point. Hellam is in York County and Ephrata is in Lancaster County. Both are in Pennsylvania. 

Would also be helpful to have this added to the COG online calendar. As a member Chuck can contact his assistant area director for the area director and work it out to have it posted on the count.

S Smith said:
Would also be helpful to have this added to the COG online calendar. As a member Chuck can contact his assistant area director for the area director and work it out to have it posted on the count.

Will do Steve.

Please don't bust on Chuck I am the one who told him to post it here.
The ride from Don's to Ephrata is 35 mils long and should take about 45 minutes.
The ride from Ephrata to Wild Hog BBQ is 135 miles and should take about 3 hours.
Wild Hog BBQ is the Best BBQ up in this area.

A 135 mile bonus ride, and the best BBQ to be found?  Now I'm bummed I can't make it. Hopefully it's so good you do it again.  :-[

Hello everyone. 1st post. I was wondering if it might be a good idea to meet in a specific area at Ephrata. With the amount of bikes that attend this event it makes it hard to find everyone that may arrive late or on there own. The lower lot or somewhere in that area may make it easier to locate the group. Just an idea. Thanks, Ron

This ride will be on the calander in short order, just waiting for one more item of info.
May I suggest that while you all are there, that you take a great connie photo op
at the Haines Shoe House..
http://www.shoehouse.us/

Shoehouse.jpg

The Shoe House is located at 197 Shoe House Road near the Hellam exit of U.S. 30.
Take PA Rt. 462 east off of I-83 to the town of Hellam.
Turn north (left) off of Rt. 462 on to Shoe House Road.
The Shoe House is located approximately 4 miles east of York, PA on PA Rt.462.

Washie said:
Hello everyone. 1st post. I was wondering if it might be a good idea to meet in a specific area at Ephrata. With the amount of bikes that attend this event it makes it hard to find everyone that may arrive late or on there own. The lower lot or somewhere in that area may make it easier to locate the group. Just an idea. Thanks, Ron

Welcome Ron. Last time we rode over we met in the upper lot by the dumpsters. There was some shade there. It was a little relief from the heat. We'll look for ytou there.

I was planning on going down the 4th, but my wife already as plans so I'll be watching the kids that day.

dimetraveler said:
I am going to see if I can squeeze a ride in and get down there.

Hope to see you there DT.

When you pull in the parking lot at the VFW turn left up the hill. We're going to try and park up there by the dumpsters.

Brass said:
I was planning on going down the 4th, but my wife already as plans so I'll be watching the kids that day.

I've been there Brass. Enjoy the kiddies now when you still can. Before Dad's not cool anymore. :rotflmao:

What time to you think you will be at  Wild Hog BBQ?  I have stuff to due in the morning, plus a 3 hour ride for lunch may work out for me.

Where in Ephrata is the group leaving from,i can't make the meet at the start but maybe meet up at
Ephrata if I can swing it and know the location.

X-UFO said:
What time to you think you will be at  Wild Hog BBQ?  I have stuff to due in the morning, plus a 3 hour ride for lunch may work out for me.

I'm thinking 1:30-2:00. Maybe Russell will chime in if that's wrong.

dimetraveler said:
Where in Ephrata is the group leaving from,i can't make the meet at the start but maybe meet up at
Ephrata if I can swing it and know the location.

141 S State St, Ephrata, PA. There will be flagman stopping traffic for the bikers on S. State. Once in  Ephrata just follow a group of bike your find it. We should be there around 9AM

My plan is the meet in the upper parking lot close to the dumpers and leave at 10:30 and should be to Wild Hog sometime around 1:45 to 2 for a lunch. The route has us making a left turn on main street, if we all don't get out together I will stop at the gas station just cross the bridge to regroup.
At this time the weather looks GREAT.
Russell

Hey folks, here is a big note about Hog Wild.. They only take CASH.. and a byob,
not that any of you all would even think of having a beer with your bbq..

http://rickshogwild.com/

"To help keep our cost down, we do not accept credit cards"

Walker18 said:
Hey folks, here is a big note about Hog Wild.. They only take CASH.. and a byob,

Good catch there Jim. Thanks for the heads up.

Are you going with us ?

Chuck Landis said:
Walker18 said:

I am thinking they should have a ATM or one near if they are smart. 

Are you going with us ?

X-UFO said:

I am thinking they should have a ATM or one near if they are smart. 

Are you going with us ?
Not going to be able to just yet, pushing for the Fall rally though..

Save me sone food, I will meet you guys at Hog Wild at about 1:30 -2:00.

I wii be comming from Randolph, NJ if anyone wants to ride with me.  10:30 etd.

X-UFO said:
Save me sone food, I will meet you guys at Hog Wild at about 1:30 -2:00.

I wii be comming from Randolph, NJ if anyone wants to ride with me.  10:30 etd.

Sounds good Mr. X we'll be looking for Ya.

The weather looks great for tomarrow!

I came a day early to Hog Wild.  Great food and ride from NJ.  Just a little bit of rain.  I don't think I can make it tomorrow  but I wanted to get a ride in for the weekend.  Have fun tomorrow!

:beerchug:

Great ride, great food, great weather and hundreds of bikes to look at. What more can you ask for?

Thanks Russell for the ride and the nice scenery! Oh ya and the BBQ.

I hope everyone got home safe.

Next month?

East Berlin lunch stop.

Just part of the crowd.

Awesome day ! Thanks to Russell and Chuck,definitely need to put together more lunch runs while the weather is so nice. Always fun to have a nice ride and end it with a good feed with some good friends. Lets do it again soon.Looking forward to meeting up with you guys on the 18th,hopefully the weather is as nice as today was ! 

http://cog599.smugmug.com/Other/EPHRATA-AND-WILD-HOG-BBQ/30971913_gCfBQN#!i=2678487024&k=6xbQB2W

Here is a link to the pictures that I took today.
Russell