• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Estoril MotoGP- Results included

brady

Moped
Today was a good race. I am very impressed with how HRC has developed from last year to this one. They ended up having 3 bikes in the top 4 spots.  The pass that Dovi made on Rossi at the line really showed hot the Honda can drive to the line and then the pass made by Pedrosa on Lorenzo with just 2 laps left was very impressive. I felt bad that Spies had to retire early but that's racing. Over all great race and im excited for the French GP in just 2 weeks.

1. Dani Pedrosa, Spain (Hon RC212V), 28 laps, 45:51.483, 95.198 mph
2. Jorge Lorenzo, Spain (Yam YZR-M1), -3.051 seconds
3. Casey Stoner, Australia (Hon RC212V), -7.658
4. Andrea Dovizioso, Italy (Hon RC212V), -16.530
5. Valentino Rossi, Italy (Duc GP11), -16.555
6. Colin Edwards, USA (Yam YZR-M1), -32.575
7. Hiroshi Aoyama, Japan (Hon RC212V), -38.749
8. Cal Crutchlow, Great Britain (Yam YZR-M1), -40.912
9. Nicky Hayden, USA (Duc GP11), -54.887
10. Randy De Puniet, France (Duc GP11), -59.697
11. Toni Elias, Spain (Hon RC212V), -60.374
12. Loris Capirossi, Italy (Duc GP11), -61.793
13. Alvaro Bautista, Spain (Suz GSV-R), -84.370

Did I hear right and this is coming to the F1 track they are building down here in Austin, Tx? 

Sounds like I may have a new local event for the club.  If we can afford it.

smithr-scad said:
Did I hear right and this is coming to the F1 track they are building down here in Austin, Tx? 

It may be a good excuse to take a trip back to Austin!  :)

MotoGP will be in Texas starting in 2013 along with the F1 crowd. Ben Spies & Colin Edwards
will really have a "home" round then.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Texas+GP+announced+for+2013

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2011/Schwantz+interview+Texas+GP

check it out.

smithr-scad said:

YES!!! you heard correctly the new track has a 3 year contract with MotoGP and F1 starting in 2013.. I will certainly make a trip to texas for that race!! :D

On the news the other day they showed them actually moving dirt out there so I guess this IS happening.  Kind of cool, again if we normal people can afford it.