• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Existing Shelf Mounted GPS

D

Donrix

I recently mounted a Garmin Nuvi 660 GPS on the existing shelf of DoubleBlue. You can view the ragged results st the following page: http://www.geocities.com/donrix/bike/2006Connie.htm Disclaimer: I do not accept responsibility for YOUR installation, so test yours out thoroughly, and ride safe. Don Ricks

Looks interesting. The Gps doesn't slide at all (if you hit a hard bump)? I put a ram mount into the plastic piece (that covers the forks/ignition) I re-enforced the backing of the plastic with lots of metal and its been great so far. Did your windshield vent come with the windshield? I'm learning on my new (to me) connie that this bike will be 'hot' in the summer. So I was thinking of sticking a vent into the windshield. Have you found that the vent makes a difference? Cheers, Colin

This is what I did to mount a Garmin 2610 to the dash of a C10. It's a block of 4x2 stud appropriately beveled. Colin Prior Cogmos Administrator Lake Forest Park WA COG#7767 AMA#1081764
2606714340100596652OGFlOW_th.jpg

Colin, the vent comes with the Clearview windshield and was on the bike when I purchased it last year. The heat mostly comes from between your legs and affects the lower half of the body. I can feel the wind coming through the vent, and I'm sure it helps with the heat problem. I always wear a full-faced helmet (SyMax 2) and riding gear, so it will always be "hot" for me. The last time I took off my Roadgear jacket I had an accident, so I am a believer in wearing it. I like the perfect-for-me height of the Clearview windshield. It is thick and sturdy! The GPS does not slide or move any way. I have the unit secured by Velcro in the bottom of the radio case. By the way, I will remove the "Grundig" name and model number when I have the chance. Nice job on yours, Mr. Prior.

Excellent report and pics. Nice system. I'm running a nuvi 750. It doesn't have the flip up antenna that the 650 has. The 650 I had is in SOs cage. 1990 Aint she a pretty Tomato (the bike ofcourse) wedshots albums http://community.webshots.com/user/sawfiler64/albums/most-recent