• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

F9 take on motorcycle road rage

LOL, I pick my battles wisely so I can come out to ride another day. Otherwise, I just downshift and crack the throttle a bit. No issues.

I admit that after 20 years of Silicon Valley commuting 20K miles per year, I've had my worst-self moments. But at a certain point you have to think forward to where the situation is going to end. Do I really want this person to crash and am I certain they aren't going to also take out a minivan with a mom and her kids? (The answer for me is "no," I don't want that to happen -- in case anyone was wondering.)
Nowadays I try to be a tad more zen. I even recently watched a rider in front of me get pissed that a motorist wasn't giving him his lane-splitting lane and so as he went by he yelled at the driver and bent the guy's mirror back to the windshield. Now I think the motorist had been oblivious and not malicious, so traffic now stopped, I rolled up slow, waved at him and fixed his mirror, and then lane split on down the road.
Good Deed #1, plenty more to go to balance some of that previous 20 years. :eek:

Last edited: