• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Final Fall Fling 5 is on the calender

jim snyder

The Final Fall Fling 5 rally will be held again in the South Central region in Clinton, Arkansas on October 5th through October 8th, 2023. Online registration will be available.

The rally hotel will be the Super 8 by Wyndham in Clinton, AR. Hotel phone # 501-209-4358. Special rate is $70/night for double queen. Be sure to make reservations at the hotel front desk and tell them you are with COG. There is plenty of room for trailer parking on the rear of the hotel.

There will be a hamburger/hot dog cookout on Saturday night at Cliffs. A $15 donation will be taken up at the rally to cover the cost of the meal and drinks. If anyone has questions, feel free to call or message Jim Snyder or Ted Adcock.

Looking forward to seeing you there

Last edited:
Ok folks. We've been talking aboiut doing this for quite a while.
Well,,,,, "we" finally worked out the details. (see above)
OK, OK, Ohhhhh--tay. (mevbbe I stretched the truth just a little).
Actually Jim worked out the details & I sed "sounds good to me".

Sooooo, Y'all wanna ride some good roads?
Come ride with us in October!!

Ride safe, Ted

PS: Be sure you have good tires on the bike!

I have blocked off 8 rooms at the Super 8, more available if needed. Be sure to tell them you are with COG. Best time to call is Mon thru Fri 7am till 3pm. Ask for Lori and she will fix you up.

Cliff has told me about a twisty route up into Missouri and back that we can do while there.
As we always seem to do the same roads, thinking it might be a good / different outing.
Is anyone interested in doing that?

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We know it's too danged hot to think much about motorcycle riding right now. 😓
Just looking forward to the cool of October and thinking about a different road to try out.

Cliff has told me about a twisty route up into Missouri and back that we can do while there.
As we always seem to do the same roads, thinking it might be a good / different outing.

Ride safe, Ted

PS: We know it's too danged hot to think much about motorcycle riding right now. 😓
Just looking forward to the cool of October and thinking about a different road to try out.
Is it north out of Peels Ferry on 125?
I've been on that road once, it is a fun road.
I might even be doing it again in about a month, prespider. 😁🏍

Ted is just confused again, yea I know that's not surprising. 🤣

When he mentioned staying somewhere further north to ride different roads, I simply said AR. is small. That it's easy to make a day rides into MO. or pretty much ride any northern AR. roads from Clinton. I did not give a route, but as Dale said the MO. side of 125 is a great road that I haven't ridden in several years.

I'm not confused.
I are inspired! 🤯

Y'all {Experts/?? 🤤 } know the roads better than I.
I wuz just trying to develop an approximate route and get a loop time.
Y'all can tweak the route and say if it's possible.

{Being a nice guy (and tryin' to make Jim happy)} I shortened the route and changed 7 to 123.
Are ya happy now?
PS: That was on the return leg. ie; (goin' down/south) not goin' up/North.
Thoughts??

Last edited:
I'm not confused.
I are inspired! 🤯

Y'all {Experts/?? 🤤 } know the roads better than I.
I wuz just trying to develop an approximate route and get a loop time.
Y'all can tweak the route and say if it's possible.

{Being a nice guy (and tryin' to make Jim happy)} I shortened the route and changed 7 to 123.
Are ya happy now?
PS: That was on the return leg. ie; (goin' down/south) not goin' up/North.
Thoughts??

Yes !!

Not sure I have it right, but I'm trying to get the *&%*^% program to route it the way ya say.

Per Dales note; If I remember right, the best part of 125 is north of 160 that goes to Bradyville.
I added some more of 125 (included a bit of Patterson Drive to Tanyville) and did away with 160.
There are several places where we can cut something off if time is an issue.

Guessing Oak Grove for lunch?

I'm trying to stay away from Branson as I know it's a traffic nightmare.

Is this close?

Last edited:
Not sure I have it right, but I'm trying to get the *&%*^% program to route it the way ya say.

Per Dales note; If I remember right, the best part of 125 is north of 160 that goes to Bradyville.
I added some more of 125 (included a bit of Patterson Drive to Tanyville) and did away with 160.
There are several places where we can cut something off if time is an issue.

Guessing Oak Grove for lunch?

I'm trying to stay away from Branson as I know it's a traffic nightmare.

Is this close?
I don't see any restaurants in Oak Grove. There are plenty of places in Branson but I bet they're busy.

OK folks everything is coming together for a great time in North central Arkansas. We have some new routes planned and our usual must do roads as well.

FYI, the Corvette weekend in Eureka Springs is also that weekend. The Ozark Cafe in Jasper is about the best place to stop and eat on your route. There's also Blacksheep BBQ place in Yellville. Heidi's Ugly Cakes in Norfolk is also good if you decide to do Push Mtn Road. Decent restaurants in Arkansas are pretty hard to find.

Be extra careful on 74 between Jasper and Ponca, that can be a fairly challenging road. As I'm sure you've already learned, very few roads here have any shoulders at all. Watch out for LEO anywhere around Hwy 412 between Harrison and Mtn Home, both State and Local.

I might be able to meet up with you guys somewhere depending on my schedule.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Fred. Great as always!
We're looking forward to the Event.
I NEED a break from Houston!

Ride safe, Ted

I will be releasing any unreserved rooms next week so please make your reservations as soon as possible. Thanks.

Reposting Jims original note in case some are new to the discussion.

The Final Fall Fling 5 rally will be held again in the South Central region in Clinton, Arkansas on October 5th through October 8th, 2023. Online registration will be available.

The rally hotel will be the Super 8 by Wyndham in Clinton, AR. Hotel phone # 501-209-4358. Special rate is $70/night for double queen. Be sure to make reservations at the hotel front desk and tell them you are with COG. There is plenty of room for trailer parking on the rear of the hotel.

There will be a hamburger/hot dog cookout on Saturday night at Cliffs. A $15 donation will be taken up at the rally to cover the cost of the meal and drinks. If anyone has questions, feel free to call or message Jim Snyder or Ted Adcock.

Looking forward to seeing you there

We'll have to discuss this whole donation thing. Afterall we're eating/cooking at my house & I didn't okay it! 😛

Me and another Yankee have been thinking about attending this event cause you Texans and Arkansasians are a fun bunch.
We do not want to be outcasts, cause we ain't got no trailer

Outcast & ridden bikes are more than welcome!

Me and another Yankee have been thinking about attending this event cause you Texans and Arkansasians are a fun bunch.
We do not want to be outcasts, cause we ain't got no trailer.

Quit thinkin' and come-on-down.
We'll talk to ANYONE. (That includes our Yankee Buddies). {insert Rebel yell 🤠}

We'll have to discuss this whole donation thing. After-all we're eating/cooking at my house & I didn't okay it! 😛
Outcast & ridden bikes are more than welcome!

The donation was an agreement with COG to prevent an up-front fee for the Rally.
It's meant to cover food, adult beverages and other things/insurance.

That evening, we'll be using the auto's {that some people cleverly used to drag trailers :devilish:} to get everyone to Cliff's place.
(So anyone that wants to have an adult beverage has a safe way home).

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
We have 13 registered so far. Looks like we are going to have a good crowd. Can't wait to get on those northcentral Arkansas roads.

A Member contacted me yesterday to ask about the Motel rates.
ie; He booked a room, and they did not give him the discounted rate.
I told him that you had probably released the rooms (??) but to ask for the manager and tell her he was with the COGdom to try to get the better rates.

If anyone else is interested but not registered, do the same and come on out to Arkansas.
We'll talk to anyone. (ie; Look at the list and you'll notice that we let Robert sign up)

Ride safe, Ted

PS: There is a chance that we'll have more there, than the 13 folks that are registered.
Bekuz;
1) I don't see ZG/ZN Kim (Yankee Buddy). I know that he and another rider are planning to come.
2) I don't see Fred on the list.
3) The member I noted earlier told me that he had registered previously, and his name was not on the list. (Same happened to me). So, I told him to re-register.

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
2nd Rally, 1st one in your area. Should be getting there Thursday evening. Looking forward in meeting all yall.

Pop's
Rickey Morgan

The weather is looking really good. It will finally be cooling off; highs will be in the upper 70's & a few scattered showers on Thursday.

The wife is not a fan of those pre-made frozen burgers patties, so she plans to buy fresh ground beef & make the burger patties herself. She also thinks y'all should have some sort of dessert, I told her y'all aren't really worth that! :ROFLMAO: So, burgers, dogs, beans, chips & dessert it is.

If anybody arrives sooner than Thursday, feel free to look me up.

What day is this ride scheduled for?
October 5th through October 8th, 2023.

Jim and I will be there Thursday afternoon.
If you prefer you can arrive Thursday morning even Wednesday.
If early arrival, let others know and you could do an early ride.
Also let Cliff know. He may be nearby.

Stu, Rick; Looking forward to meeting you.
You're gonna like Arkansas!
PS: First timers are ALWAYS welcome (as they always buy the beer). <sneaky grin> 🤪

Ride safe, Ted

Last edited:
Looking forward to it! I live in Rogers, AR and am going to leave Thursday early a.m. Have a daughter at Russellville (AR Tech) and going to have late breakfast with her, then run back north to Clinton. Be there early afternoon.

Look forward to having another Arkansan in the mix. We're usually overrun by those pesky Texans! 😅😂🤣

I'm just going to put this out there for you FFF riders. I have a new set of Bridgestone T32's GT spec I'm looking to sell. I can deliver them to Clinton on Saturday if anyone is interested.
I'm asking $330 delivered.

Attachments

• 20231005_130254.jpg
    20231005_130254.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231005_130235.jpg
    20231005_130235.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 30
Well we are wrapping up another awesome trip to North central Arkansas. We had 15 riders total. The states represented were Texas, Arkansas, South Dakota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin, Mississippi, and Kansas. We had two days of beautiful weather and both days were incident free. We are topping off the weekend with a cookout at Cliff Burnette's. Thank you to Cliff and Jimmie for the great meal.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the FFF5 rally.

Attachments

• 20231007_121413.jpg
    20231007_121413.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 45
  • 20231006_161647.jpg
    20231006_161647.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231007_194556.jpg
    20231007_194556.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Jim, I had a great time and appreciate all you and Ted did to pull it all together. I echo the thanks to Cliff and Jimmie for dinner! Great time and company!! Here's a picture of Ted as Security Roving Patrol for the bikes while on the ferry.

Attachments

• 20231006_162458.jpg
    20231006_162458.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 39
Well we are wrapping up another awesome trip to North central Arkansas. We had 15 riders total. The states represented were Texas, Arkansas, South Dakota, Missouri, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Kansas. We had two days of beautiful weather and both days were incident free. We are topping off the weekend with a cookout at Cliff Burnette's. Thank you to Cliff and Jimmie for the great meal.
Thanks to everyone who joined us for the FFF5 rally.
You forgot Mississippi!

Rick

Me (C14) and the son (Chris and Jessaca, FJR) were impressed on the friendlyness of the guy's we rode with and the roads they took us on. Had a great time. Waiting for next year to get here already.

Rick

Me (C14) and the son (Chris and Jessaca, FJR) were impressed on the friendlyness of the guy's we rode with and the roads they took us on. Had a great time. Waiting for next year to get here already.

Rick
Rick, (as I recall) you were riding with my Cliff and my Yankee Buddy (ZG/ZN Kim)?
Yupp, they are pretty friendly, but the real friendly guys were in the other group.
(Uhhh, Except for Robert)

I have to admit. The roads and weather were particularly AWESOME this year!
Everyone had a great time. (In spite of Robert) 🫣
We'll definitely be doing FFF #6 next year.
Come ride with us.

But, don't wait for the FFF.
Cliff has already announced his plans for the Horseshoe Mountain Rally #9 (The Dark Side).
April 5 - 8th 2024
"DO" PLAN to be there! You won't be disappointed.

Ride safe, Ted