• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Finally finished my top case brake light install

dzywicki9209

I bought the Givi trunk light install kit a few months ago and got stalled finishing it. My blocker was how to make sure I had good contact from the mounting plate electrical connector to the top case connector. The connector doesn't make contact when pushed all the way down into the mounting plate. I asked a friend if he had any ideas and he suggested a hose washer. Works perfectly. Has some compliance up and down and side to side. I was really nervous with all the high trucks and SUVS not being able to see my brake light. Next project will be to add some running lights to the bottom part. I also found an ignition switched set of connectors under the seat too.

Attachments

• IMG_8072.JPG
    IMG_8072.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_8073.JPG
    IMG_8073.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_8074.JPG
    IMG_8074.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_8075.jpg
    IMG_8075.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 96
Keepa pencil eraser in ur kit, like the ones on a golf cart. The eraser will come in handy to clean the contact pads from time to time,.and check the. Springs on the case side of the connector. They will get gummed up and won't hold pressure against the contact pad on the luggage rack side... btdt..

Keepa pencil eraser in ur kit, like the ones on a golf cart. The eraser will come in handy to clean the contact pads from time to time,.and check the. Springs on the case side of the connector. They will get gummed up and won't hold pressure against the contact pad on the luggage rack side... btdt..
Looks good!

Is there a blinker option too?

Looking to replace our top box sooner than later, just starting to sniff out options.

Wayne, Carol @ Blue

I really dislike the typical wire splice things so I took the entire back end apart to see what was what. I found the rear wiring bundle so know where all the connectors are now. They are all inside of a rubberized cover so they don't get wet in the rain.
I am already looking at something like these POGO connectors for running lights and turn signals. Should be able to get them into the case from the backside, under the backrest and connect them up when I take the top case off/on. Would need one set for the running lights in the lower clear lenses and run the second set to the turn signals and either the top strip or bottom strip. Could wire a trunk light into the running lights power and just put a light with a switch on it. Or just wire in LEDs and have them on when the key is on.

I have more issues with the connectors inside the box than the one between the mounting plate and the box. The inside ones have the same issue of not having great contact when pushed all the way down on the mounting rails. Trying to think of a workaround.

Good tips all around. I remove my top case frequently so I should be able to keep an eye on the contacts. And will definitely do a pre ride check to make sure the extra brake lights are working. And was thinking more about the pogo connectors. Found this option on Amazon. Hopefully good with 5 connections. 2 for turn signals, 1 for running lights and 1 for a trunk light. Seems like it should be pretty simple based on the brake light kit.

I put the Givi adapter plate rear rack from PhilsFarkles on my 2018 Concours and the Givi connector won't work with that. Love the adapter plate, except for that! It is very solid. If anyone figures a workaround to use the Givi connectors let me know! I don't want to run a separate plug through the inside of the case - a Maxia E52. I had the Givi top case brake light kit on my Yamaha FZ1 and it worked great.

I bought the Givi trunk light install kit a few months ago and got stalled finishing it. My blocker was how to make sure I had good contact from the mounting plate electrical connector to the top case connector. The connector doesn't make contact when pushed all the way down into the mounting plate. I asked a friend if he had any ideas and he suggested a hose washer. Works perfectly. Has some compliance up and down and side to side. I was really nervous with all the high trucks and SUVS not being able to see my brake light. Next project will be to add some running lights to the bottom part. I also found an ignition switched set of connectors under the seat too.
Looks great