• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

(Found a set. Thanks)Need Front Rotors for a 2008 non abs

Olds7268

Trying to find a good set of front rotors for my 08. My last step to being back on the road after my burnt up key fob nightmare.

I wish I could afford new ones but my bankroll won't allow it. Lol. I've just got done spending quite a bit of money on getting my key fob replaced and new fork seals and my fixed income is very limited and I'm trying to get some riding in this year. Bikes been down now for a couple of years because I had a car fire and both of my fobs burned up. I will check them out though and see what I can swing. I would much rather have new ones if I can figure out how to swing it. Thanks.

I can relate! Used rotors beat no rotors, but you are taking a chance..
Hope someone can come through for you

Trying to find a good set of front rotors for my 08. My last step to being back on the road after my burnt up key fob nightmare.
What’s wrong with the current rotors, damaged or pulsing?

If pulsing they may just need some cleaning from embedded brake material, amazing what brake cleaner and scotch-brite can do.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

If pulsing they may just need some cleaning from embedded brake material, amazing what brake cleaner and scotch-brite can do.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
You are so correct Wayne and co. I bought a rotor hone and went over all 3 before replacing the crappy organic OEM pads. Pulsation is gone and the brake feel is excellent now.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
@Olds7268 Another totally free item you can check is fork alignment. Unlikely the issue but brake chatter can be caused by misaligned forks. Anytime you change tires the forks should be properly aligned and calipers seated to the (presumably) square/ straight rotors. Make certain your suspension is set properly up top as well, both forks the same. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard after servicing a machine the brakes are so much smoother what did you do, Scrub the rotors and align the forks and calipers.

Here is a link to a prominent suspension tuner: Dave Moss - Within this video on fork alignment (and all his videos really) there's good, practical and easy to follow sensible advice.

Wayne, Carol & Blue

Wayne, Carol & Bluei took the bike in and had the fork seals replaced. I noticed it had no front brakes when I dropped it off so told them to check them out. He said the rotors were warped so bad that it was letting the "cups" in the calipers to lose fluid pressure. They are warped for sure, you can visually see the warpage. Just not sure how the warped liked that from sitting. Lol. They weren't like that when I parked it 2 years ago. But all is ok, I'm just going to replace them and move on. The guy is a great mechanic and he was checking everything out since he knew bike had been sitting he wanted to make sure everything was going to be safe. On a side note, now that it's running, when I get bad news like thatbi can just reach over and fire it up and when I hear that beautiful music coming out of my Two Brothers exhaust I can find my Zen again knowing that very very soon there are many miles of curvy roads and wind therapy in our near future. Lol

@Olds7268 Another totally free item you can check is fork alignment. Unlikely the issue but brake chatter can be caused by misaligned forks. Anytime you change tires the forks should be properly aligned and calipers seated to the (presumably) square/ straight rotors. Make certain your suspension is set properly up top as well, both forks the same. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard after servicing a machine the brakes are so much smoother what did you do, Scrub the rotors and align the forks and calipers.

Here is a link to a prominent suspension tuner: Dave Moss - Within this video on fork alignment (and all his videos really) there's good, practical and easy to follow sensible advice.

Wayne, Carol & Blue
Thank you for the information. I will check out the videos.