• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Front fairing chatter

freebird6

I remember reading years ago about loose bolts in the front end but despite my best SEARCH efforts I can not find that discussion

Anyone point me to it or remember where the bolts in question are? Mine is chattering and rattles and vibrates as I just took her over 90K miles

Search excessive play in windshield from 2013. Read the 3rd paragraph. Op mentions 2 bolts that connect to frame that were missing from his bike...hth

Reactions: Bud
An old man needs a technical challenge every now and then!šŸ˜‚

THank You THank you THank you

I knew I had remembered reading that from a long time back. I will be looking at that when I go out.

This makes it a little easier to visualize. I sent it to a guy that still had a shake after he installed my windshield bracket. I told him to check these bolts and the top one was missing, no nut on the bottom one. After that he was happy.

Attachments

• 1689346663001.png
    1689346663001.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 42