• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Garmin/Zumo550 question

Cap'n Bob

OK here's the deal. I love my Zumo 550 but it does have one little idiosyncrasy that annoys me. When following a route I have programed in. If I come across a road that is part of another route stored in the GPS, it shows them both, or more than the two if there's more. It can make it confusing when it happens. You really have to pay close attention to the written words, voice and such then.
Has anybody else noticed this, or is this just a 550 idiosyncrasy? Or do other Gamin's do this as well?

Are you using the tracking option? You know the option that leaves a track of your pass route. If so, all you have to do is turn the tracking off and the lines will go away.

OK, I can't find the tracking option. Any idea where it is? I think I've looked everywhere except where it is. I may have to dig out the manual disc and hunt!

You need to clear your trip log, Cap'n Bob!
Go to: tools>user data>manage trip log>clear trip log
          tools>map>trip log>hide

Killer said:
You need to clear your trip log, Cap'n Bob!
Go to: tools>user data>manage trip log>clear trip log
          tools>map>trip log>hide

Why not, I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks!