• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gathering on the Green

Bill Seible and I rented a room today so we should be there Thurs. afternoon July 5. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Tony K

I emailed MaryAnne several weeks ago letting her know I am riding up.  I already have the waffle maker packed!!  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  I'll be up no later than Thursday, possibly earlier.

Gary M

G-Mazz said:
I emailed MaryAnne several weeks ago letting her know I am riding up.  I already have the waffle maker packed!!  Looking forward to seeing everyone again.  I'll be up no later than Thursday, possibly earlier.

Gary M

So how much waffle mix do you need us bring? :)

I can't make it but I know Waffles. If you have time this is the way to make them.

Yeast Waffles
Ingredients
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp instant yeast (not ‘active dry’. If using active dry yeast, make sure to proof it first)
2 sticks melted butter 2 cups warm milk (heated to about 110 degrees)
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
The night before:
Combine and whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl: flour, yeast, sugar and salt.
Combine the melted butter and milk. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients.
Whisk eggs and vanilla together in a separate small bowl. Add the egg-vanilla mixture to the other mixture, and whisk until well-combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge until tomorrow morning. (The batter can rise for 10 to 24 hours.)
The next morning:
Prepare waffle iron as usual. Stir the batter to deflate it (it should be puffy and frothy).
Add to waffle iron the same way you would other batter, keeping in mind that this batter will rise more than batters that use baking powder instead of yeast.
You can add all kinds of things to Waffles including cooked ground sausage and cheese. Try just cheese and jalapenos or pineapple chunks. I have made Waffles alot of ways. Make sure you spray the Waffle Maker with non-stick spray.

Waiting for you all in Soldiere Grove

2210544240100509669S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm thinking about coming to the Gathering. I'm feeling pretty good, so that shouldn't be a problem. I need to see if I can get a day off on Friday. It's really busy, but I need a weekend of motorcycle camping. My wife told me she could use a weekend alone. I guess I really am a PITA.

I'll let you know after I meet with the Boss this afternooon.

Hey Jim We hope to see you here. If you are packed you can still come after work on Friday

Check with the Brian's I know at least one is planning on attending.