• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Gauging interest for 2012 KY Daniel Boone Ride

Concoursbdh

We had a good amount of interest again last year and a pretty darn good turn out!  Just posting this ahead of time to see if there is interest again for (I think) the 4th annual ride!  I know that Mr. Klee has a lot going on this year and I have already told him that I will help all I can.  Post up and let us know!  ;D

Brian:

What date are you thinking of?  Since you are in my homeland, I'm always interested, just the timing.  Speaking of timing, I can tell you already that the second week of every month is not possible, another commitment that has a much higher priority.

Being a relative noob here, I don't know about the Daniel Boone ride, how about a description please.

Ride base is at the Abner Motel in Stanton, KY (not the L'il Abner Motel in Slade, KY).  It's a clean, motorcycle-friendly, family-owned motel.  There are home cooking and chain restaurants within walking distance.  It's in a dry county, so adult beverages need to be hauled in from the next county over.  I've been to 2 of the rides and everyone who's attended have been some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and all great riders.  Now, the important part, the riding.  You can spend 3 days riding within a 100 mile radius and probably not hit the same road twice and be on twisty roads >80% of the time. Roads range from 1.5 lane wide pavement (there's plenty of gravel roads, too, if that's what you're into) to super slab.  There's plenty of touristy things around too, with the Natural Bridge SP and Red River Gorge closeby.  You won't be disappointed if you attend.

Thanks for the info Bill. I have ridden many miles in the DBNF on dirt bikes in the past, but have not done any road riding in that area, sounds like lots of fun.  What is the time frame?

I'm Vey Interested, I live in westeren West Virgina ^-^
Any test dates..The calender is filling up.
Just joined looking for rides and riders....

I can't speak for what Brian and Larry are planning for this year, but I'm pretty sure the last 2 were the last weekend in August.  I think the first one was around that time, too.

Bill Hookman said:
I can't speak for what Brian and Larry are planning for this year, but I'm pretty sure the last 2 were the last weekend in August.  I think the first one was around that time, too.

Thanks Bill.............I'll be in Marquette, MI during that time. Otherwise, I'd definitely be up for it.

I am planning on attending this. I live in NKY and can help if needed. Who is the lead on this, and when will we know the firm dates.

Thanks to all of you who responded to the post.  Our usual weekend for the ride (last weekend in August) is 24th-26th.  Can I please get a show of hands who would be able to attend this weekend.  I know there is no perfect date for everyone and I'm trying to work around my "on call" schedule to host this ride.  I would love to see as many as possible so please let Brian and myself if you can attend August 24-26.  Thanks.  Larry

I will be coming from Ft. Thomas, KY (near Cincy). Assuming  no complications, or other last minute situations, I am in.

Looks like a nice crowd and this is just the beginning.  I will post an official thread for the ride soon so we can post comments about the good times or Gary can post pics of his favorite snakes.  This is the gauging interest thread so post up that you're interested even if you're not sure you can make it.  Ride safe.  Larry

New to the forum,

I'm in Lexington and would have interest in Riding with the group, can someone send me information?

Sounds like a good time, I'm also planning on heading down to Eureka Spring to the 2012 Nationals next month anyone from this area going maybe?? ,,

Thanks
Mitchel