• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Goldwing GL1800

nvrpc

Big Wheel
Well I saw this group in the Rider magazine just about 15 minutes ago and the rides look like fun but what I didn't see is this. Is this group open to ALL bikes or is it just for race bike and road rally bike only. Are other bikes accepted or looked down upon for showing up because quite frankly I'd like to take my time going through these roads taking video and stopping to smell the roses instead of seeing how fast one can get from point A to point B. Please advise.

Ervin:

I bet if you read several of the threads in various sections of this forum you'll see that although this forum is part of the Concours Owners Group that many here enjoy many kinds of riding and many makes/genres of bikes. 

Where are you in the NW?  I'm in Tri-Cities, WA.

I was at the rally that is the subject of that article. I have also been to a lot of other COG rallies. I can tell you from being at both and especially the National Rally in Vermont.  That there are motorcycles of all types there. Yes the majority of the motorcycles are Concours (C10) and Concours14 (C14). Then you would have a lot of FJR's, ST1300's, BMW's, Goldwings and more. Just going off memory, there was at least one or more Nighthawks, Ducati Diavel (Cruiser), KLR's, V Stroms, Versys, and many other bikes both new and old.
Basically, we are open to all bikes and makes. But the club was formed and mainly revolves around the Kawasaki Concours. So you do tend to see more of them than the others. We have the motto of come for the bike and stay for the people. A lot of members are former Concours riders that have moved on to other bikes. But they still belong and are active in the club because of the people. It's a club about people that just happen to ride motorcycles (a lot).
So yes other makes of motorcycles are welcome. And there are quite a few Goldwings.  Come to an event or rally and I'm sure you will feel welcome and see some bikes that are not a Concours at most if not all events.  ;)