• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

GTPP 36 month extension for $339....UPDATED 2/23/2013

I took the advice on this forum and extended my GTPP for three years with Pete at Ultimate Cycle.  The service Pete provides is topnotch- I had documentation in my mail today from Kawasaki confirming my extended warranty protection- only seven or eight days after talking to Pete!  Don't pay what others are asking, go with Pete for $339.

is the 339.00 suposed to be a good deal? i just bought my bike new a couple weeks ago a leftover 2011.i asked my dealer how much for the 36 month warranty he told me 340.00.no dealing at all so im wondering if this guy is realy giving out that great of price or if some dealers are just ripping people off.i bought it and thought it was a fair deal but i didnt have to anything special to get ti.

scooter said:
is the 339.00 suposed to be a good deal? i just bought my bike new a couple weeks ago a leftover 2011.i asked my dealer how much for the 36 month warranty he told me 340.00.no dealing at all so im wondering if this guy is realy giving out that great of price or if some dealers are just ripping people off.i bought it and thought it was a fair deal but i didnt have to anything special to get ti.

You were just lucky to do business with a dealer that doesn't try to mark up the GTPP and gouge customers.

MY dealer tried to gouge me for $1,000+ for the extended 3 yr warranty on the 2011 I just bought. So glad I didnt do that and was instead directed to this thread by a COG member open mentioning the warranty. The money I saved paid for my Sargent seat, MC Larry Ram-ball mount, grip puppies and bag liners!

Its stuff like this that makes you really distrust the dealers!

Just want to thank members and Pete at UC for setting this up.  I was able to get my local MC shop to drop the $570 quoted price down to $380 after pointing them to this forum.  While I admit I still spent $40 more than I would have through this deal, I prefer throwing the money at the guys in my local shop as they are always willing to fit me in if/when I need some dealer help.

Where are you at in the northeast? Im in New Jersey and would love it if your guy was local.  :beerchug:

Hi Lomexx,

I'm in MA (Framingham area)... what dealer did you get the 380 quote from?....  Was there sales tax on that too?

Thanks.

Went to Performance Cycles out in Shrewsbury, right off of Route 9.  I don't believe there was any sales tax included in the price I paid.

Has anyone recently extended their GTPP for the $340 or a lil more as previously stated in this post? My extended coverage on a 2008 model is due for renewal: March 2013. Searching VIN upon kawi.com resulted in the following:

- Your warranty expired on 03/15/2011. 
- Your Good Times Protection Plan expires on 03/15/2013. 
- For additional years of worry free riding, you can purchase an extension to your Good Time Protection Plan. If purchased today, this extended coverage extension would cost $469.00 for 12 months, $572.00 for 24 months, $653.00 for 36 months. See your authorized Kawasaki dealer for details.

Any dealer info that would be willing to renew me lower would be greatly appreciated  :)

FYI - I did send the requested info to: sales@ultimatecycle.net & will let everyone know the outcome of response received.

No response -- must be over & done with  :mad:

Hello

I was wondering do you know how many times you can redo the extended warranty?. I extended my last year can I do it again after 3 yrs? Thanks for any feedback?

Tobey NW14

I called on Tuesday and talked to Pete. He said they were still offering the $339 for the 36 month extension. I sent him an email will all of my information last night. I called in today with my credit card and I am all set with a warranty until June 2018.

I just bought a 2012 Concours on May 25 and it is just an awesome machine. Many thanks to the people on the forum that share their knowledge with the group.

heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

ok, just spoke with Pete, and he is sooooo pleased withour group participation, he is extending a new and lower price for June and July only....
here's what he had to say:

"With that said, I have a SPECIAL of $319 for the remainder of June and July"

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

"if you do not include payment info in your email, please list a day time
phone number that the dealership can call you to obtain the payment info"

Hows this for a screaming deal!!!  He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to  be a price increase August 1st.

this reduced price offer has expired, but you can still take advantage of the $339 offer... :beerchug: :great:

Coach T said:
What is the deal with exclusion of FL residents?

you can still get the GTPP, just not from an out of state dealer...
Florida's laws require a different exclusion in contracts on returns and refunds, which require a different contract, therefore it ain't a Kaw thing, it's a Florida thing...sorry.

i just got my GTPP.  Thanks to this thread! :)

One thing I couldn't quite figure out though... is the original factory warranty 3yrs or 4yrs?  According to my GTPP paperwork, it would appear the original warranty lasts for 4yrs after the initial sale date.  Then the GTPP kicks in for 3 mroe yrs after that.

In any case, I'm certainly not complaining.  Just wondering...

Just wanted to thank :great: The Man OF BLUES & PETE at UC :beerchug: for hooking me up with another 3yrs, received my confirmation Papers TODAY  from Kawasaki :))
Yahoo 3 more years :) :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug: >:D

I just extended my GTPP on my 2009 C-14, not sure why I did that on a very reliable motorcycle!!! :)

FAST and EASY and great customer service!!

Just bought a new C14 yesterday. Here in Canada the two year extended warranty from Kawasaki is over $1000. Haven't bought it yet. Looking for alternatives.

Dave_Wilton said:
Just bought a new C14 yesterday. Here in Canada the two year extended warranty from Kawasaki is over $1000. Haven't bought it yet. Looking for alternatives.

Have any Canadians bought this extended warranty yet ?

BackInTheSaddle said:
Anyone have a phone number for Pete?  I am not getting responses to my emails.
Thnx

you really need to read the posting....
804-330-4800 and my extension is 110

:-[ ::) :-[ ::) :-[ ::)

don't call him on Monday, they are closed....they will be closed on the 4th also.....
you want his cell phone number?
sorry, I ain't giving that out. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

seriously, go back, and read the post from top to bottom....so you completly get all the steps and information....
http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.msg108056.html#msg108056

Read the post - follow the simple instructions and you are done. I called and spoke to Pete and I was setup with an additional 3 years.

They finally called me back after my leaving a voice message and the order is finalized.  Got a full story about death in the family, storms, power outage, etc. as the reasons for delay.  Sounds like things have been tough there and business has been interupted.

Easy-peasy.  Sent in my info... Pete called for credit card... got my paperwork Saturday. 

Pete says he can give smoking deals on C14s...  and will arrange transport from the airport to pick up your new bike.

S Smith said:
Easy-peasy.  Sent in my info... Pete called for credit card... got my paperwork Saturday. 

Pete says he can give smoking deals on C14s...  and will arrange transport from the airport to pick up your new bike.

Steve, I have to tell you that fellow is one of the nicest dealers I have ever met, and without a doubt sincerely an honest fellow...well, at least he has been to me.....and to COG so far.... :beerchug: :))

as the AD, you might want to keep in touch with him, and keep him on the "hot sheet" as a dealer to be utilized for rides and such....he offered a few times to "host" a bbq/open house for us... :motonoises: :beerchug:

Funny thing is I had to ask the dealer that sold me my bike about the extended warranty and he never called back about and it's been a couple of weeks since I asked.
So I went with this anyway but it would have been nice if they had at least called. I just don't feel the love!  :'(

How do you know if the warranty is actually extended after paying? Do you receive paperwork from Kawi? Just curious?

Put in for another 3yrs last Friday for my 2012 Candy Arabian Red beauty. Pete called on Saturday to double check the vin #. Very impressed, nice guy. She's covered now til 2017.

Received my receipt for my purchase of the GTTP on July 31 with an additional notice that there is a recall on the bike. Very efficient! Thanks!

Yep, I had my rear master cylinder recall work performed Saturday (08-11-12) at Greeson's in Hot Springs AR. It took about 30 minutes.

I emailed my info to Pete on Monday, 7/30, knowing that they were closed and he would have to process on Tuesday the 31st, the last day of the deal.  I didn't like giving him short notice, but I really didn't want to miss out, either.  He called Tuesday for my CC information and was very gracious on the phone.  I told him I really appreciated the deal he was extending to us, and that I also appreciated his getting back to me on Day Zero.  Nice guy.

Papers arrived the following Saturday.  Recall notice arrived Monday.  :( :( :( 

Phil said:
Now that I have missed the June/July date do we know what the NEW August 1st amt would B?

Back to $339.00. Still a rockin' great deal. Just re-upped my '09 this week. Pete was easy to talk to, and as helpful as always. He provides a good service to us C-14 folks.

2009 Connie factory warranty expired 15 August, purchased the extended warranty just prior to that and Boy did it save me.  Fork seals went bad one week after factory warranty expired.  Damaged brake pads, rotors, the fork seal replacement would have cost me about $700.  Thanks Rich for getting this out for everyone!!

I just paid spoke to Pete and paid him the $339.00 for the Kawasaki GTPP 36 month extension.  If I actually receive warranty documents from Kawasaki, I will definitely become a full paying COG member.  It's the least I can do after being charged $599.00 by local dealer where I purchased my Connie.  So I wait and will keep you posted!! :-\ :-\

deb said:
I just paid spoke to Pete and paid him the $339.00 for the Kawasaki GTPP 36 month extension.  If I actually receive warranty documents from Kawasaki, I will definitely become a full paying COG member.  It's the least I can do after being charged $599.00 by local dealer where I purchased my Connie.  So I wait and will keep you posted!! :-\ :-\

don't put your checkbook away too soon, you WILL recieve the warrenty papers within a week, that's the way it works..... :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

now we get to see if you hold up your end of the promise....best of luck, and thanks for considering membership in advance....ride safe. :great:

Well, I got papers from Pete.  And I said it and now I done it..... I am now full paid up member, so I expect I will receive COG# shortly. :beerchug:

I wish I could take advantage of this.  But the stock warranty expired on 07/13/12, a month before I bought the bike.  And I live in good old FL!!!

So this deal is still going on?  Just got a paper in the mail from Kawa saying mine expires in Feb.  I can buy their 36 month for $699!

Just follow the original instructions?

Tom

Has anyone heard from these guys lately?  I sent them a question that was answered quickly, followed up by my order/credit card info in early September, and haven't heard anything back.

I sent a followup email a week ago, and still haven't heard anything.  :'(

I sure hope that it's still on -- I'll post back when I hear back.

UD

you need to follow the instructions in the original post......
You also need to make a call to Pete Danials, especially before coming here and posting that you are not getting response to an e-mail...simply put, YOU need to step up ans make contact with the man. His number is posted.
Also note that you will not reach them on a Monday, as they are closed....Tuesday after 9 a.m. will get you the answers you request.

I'll assist by doing the legwork of placing the number right here for you....
804-330-4800 extension 110

it was all very simply posted as to the procedure. Don't rely on e-mail, it is not always as reliable as we all seem to think.

best of luck,

MAN OF BLUES said:
you need to follow the instructions in the original post......
You also need to make a call to Pete Danials, especially before coming here and posting that you are not getting response to an e-mail...simply put, YOU need to step up ans make contact with the man. His number is posted.
Also note that you will not reach them on a Monday, as they are closed....Tuesday after 9 a.m. will get you the answers you request.

I'll assist by doing the legwork of placing the number right here for you....
804-330-4800 extension 110

it was all very simply posted as to the procedure. Don't rely on e-mail, it is not always as reliable as we all seem to think.

best of luck,

Totally agree.  Imagine the amount of emails you receive, then imagine that these guys probably tons of email.  Pretty sure a simple phone call will do it ... as it did for me.  I got everything taken care of within 2 weeks of phone call.  :beerchug:

I DID follow the instructions posted, and didn't get a response for almost a month, even after trying to follow up with them with the method they required me to use in their OP, email  (The OP only said that you needed to call them if you were uncomfortable in putting the CC info in email.)

I didn't slam them, nor say anything disparaging about them.  I just asked if anyone else has heard from them in a while.

And don't give me crap about email being reliable.  It's reliable enough for them to take an order, and charge my credit card.

I totally stand by my original QUESTION.  Had you even read it, you would have seen that I actually did expect to hear something back from them. (note : when I hear back, not "if I hear back")

And, to actually bring this back on-topic...

I never heard anythng from them, but I did receive the paperwork in the mail today.

That's what I was looking for the entire time, so color me happy.

UD

Udoggie said:
....And, to actually bring this back on-topic...

I never heard anythng from them, but I did receive the paperwork in the mail today.

That's what I was looking for the entire time, so color me happy.

UD

glad to hear all is well in the world again  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I will comment that if it took a full month from the initial payment till you recieved the papers, you are the winner of "the longest time" award.....in the last couple years, iirc, the longest was about 2 weeks... :motonoises: :motonoises:

dbvolfan1 said:
It is legit! My dealer however wanted to claim that the $300 was cost so they said they would sell it to me for $450.
I contacted Pete and he sold it to me for $339.
My 2008 is now covered until 2017!!!!!!  Got the official paperwork from Kawasaki a few days ago!!! 

I repeat.  Mine is an '08.  I purchased the extension from Pete (thanks to this thread/forum) to extend it to 2014.  I have now extended it to 2017 through Pete for another $339

You cannot beat that!  9 years of factory coverage for $678.  And I put 15k-20k miles on my bike per tyear.
WHoa!!!

I have been reading this thread from page 1 and keep coming back to this post. I do not think I can jump to the end to see how it turns out with out putting in for this extension. Go directly to GO and put the email together. I am so excited.

Add me to the list,,,  I just got off the phone with Pete and I am all set..  He seems like a really nice guy,,,     

kd4pop said:
So what do Florida residents do for the warranty?????

you pay thru the nose...unfortunatly Florida law is not kind...  sorry. :'(

Lablank said:
And is a deal like that available to Canadian residents?

not that I am aware of, again, it is a product of the laws where you live, restricting Kaw from giving you what the 49 lucky U.S. states residents have.

Last week I got the 3 year GTPP for my 2010 C14; warranty set through the year 2016. Thanks Man of Blues for setting this up. My local dealer wouldn't even consider coming close to matching $339 for 3 years.

Worked like a hose! Just follow the procedure.

Thanks MOB!

Craig

Not sure if this will help some of you, but I just got this from Rizzon Cycle in Middlesex, NJ. They're incredibly nice people to deal with, and they were able to match the price listed on page 1. Pay them a visit at their dealership and they can work out a deal for you. It's certainly a lot easier and safer than e-mailing credit card numbers or waiting on someone multiple states away.

Just walk in and they'll work with you. Rick and Linda (the owners) are really awesome people too, and the shop is an old-school Mom&Pop type of place. So much nicer than these new corporate dealerships.

I just got my local Kawi dealer to match it!!!! I went to two others first and they wouldn't even come close. Apache Kawasaki is where I will be going from now on!!!

Jephwoyo said:
I just got my local Kawi dealer to match it!!!! I went to two others first and they wouldn't even come close. Apache Kawasaki is where I will be going from now on!!!

that's super, now you might want to post thier contact and address so others near you can utilize thier services....

voileauciel said:
Not sure if this will help some of you, but I just got this from Rizzon Cycle in Middlesex, NJ. They're incredibly nice people to deal with, and they were able to match the price listed on page 1. Pay them a visit at their dealership and they can work out a deal for you. It's certainly a lot easier and safer than e-mailing credit card numbers or waiting on someone multiple states away.

Just walk in and they'll work with you. Rick and Linda (the owners) are really awesome people too, and the shop is an old-school Mom&Pop type of place. So much nicer than these new corporate dealerships.
Thanks also to you for the information, nice to see others offering good prices  :great:

I will ask if you actually purchased the extension from them, or are just responding to something they are saying to you ?...it was not clear in your post.
But with all due respect, for those that simply cannot "walk in" to the NJ store, there is nothing "unsafe" about dealing with Ultimate Cycle, the dealership that is the noted origin of this thread.
They have made the information exchange, and billing, as secure as it gets....you do not give the credit card over the internet...you leave a number where you can be called, and give it verbally to the man filling out the paperwork.

as for the statement "So much nicer than these new corporate dealerships"....
you might want to walk into Ultimate, and talk with Pete... the fellow that has extended this offer to our group for the last 4 years......

man, that just sounded rude. :-[ :-[ :-[

MOB: I did indeed purchase it directly from Rizzon Cycle for $362 with NJ sales tax. I'm waiting to pick up the bike (raining heavily here the past few days, and I'm not going to ride home in the rain on a new bike I'm not familiar with!)

Wasn't trying to bash Ultimate Cycle or anyone else, including big dealerships. In NJ, you either have a few small mom and pop shops, or the giant corporate dealerships that carry 11 different brands, have management that's impossible to deal with, and everything hides behind some corporate monstrosity (I could write a book about my dealings with NJ/NY motorcycle dealers over the past 5 years). I was so turned off of dealers in general, I was ready to buy a used 2009 from a private seller. Only reason I even went in there was to see the 2012 he had listed on his site. They impressed me, so I bought a bike from them. I should say, I am VERY HARD to impress anymore.

Rizzon is literally the owner, his wife, a couple parts guys, and a few techs, that's it. I like that.

No one there asked me to post about this, if anything, I asked them if I could post about the deal, as I had such a good experience with purchasing this bike, that I wanted to send other people there. (Must be an Italian thing: you do good by me, I bring you business!)

The point was, I'm seeing posts here about some people waiting up to a month to get their paperwork. If you're buying new, no problem. If you're a month before the warranty expires, and something goes amiss, well, you're SOL.

If you're in the Northeast, and looking to buy the GTPP, I offer the suggestion to pay them a visit, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

voileauciel said:
MOB: I did indeed purchase it directly from Rizzon Cycle for $362 with NJ sales tax.....Wasn't trying to bash Ultimate Cycle
.......The point was, I'm seeing posts here about some people waiting up to a month to get their paperwork. If you're buying new, no problem. If you're a month before the warranty expires, and something goes amiss, well, you're SOL.

If you're in the Northeast, and looking to buy the GTPP, I offer the suggestion to pay them a visit, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hear you. you paid more, + tax (?)
as far as this complete thread runs, and including the thread over on COG-online, there has been only one person that has had a "month wait" and it was directly because they didn't follow direction.
all of the people here, since I set this up....( and anyone that has differnet feeling PLEASE correct me...) has gotten confirmation of thier registration, within 2 weeks of payment. that means Kaw sent them full registration papers....within 2 weeks of actual payment.

let us know when yours arrives.

and thanks again for the new contacts. :great:

The $362 was including the NJ tax.

Just got the paper in the mail yesterday, so 1 week from purchase of the plan ain't bad.

Bike is now covered under warranty until 2019!

Has anyone figured out a loophole for us folks in FLA?  I called a local dealer and they quoted over $700....WTF!!!!!

Craig

I dunno, can you go to the beginning and follow the directions?

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

that would answer you better than me having to call him long distance to answer your question.... ::)

This has turned out to be quite the deal and thread. This thread has been active for about two years now. Pretty cool if the deal is still going on.  :great:

MAN OF BLUES said:
updated: SEE http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,27046.msg189623.html#msg189623

UPDATED 2/23/2013
UPDATED INFO 2/23/2013

just got off the phone with Pete, and he would like to thank all of you for your devoted trust, and patronage.
You have helped him acheive the #8 spot in the U.S.A. Kawasaki dealerships...
Kudos to all!!! ;)

Pete asked me to stress that if you send him an e-mail with all your info, PLEASE LEAVE A NUMBER HE CAN CALL YOU BACK AT, so he can securely get your charge card # that is the fastest and most efficient method for purchasing the GTPP.
He applogised for some of the missed calls, but folks need to understand he is not always there to recieve a call, so the e-mail with a callback number is still the best way to accomplish this timely

Also, I need to update the info needed to:

Hows this for a screaming deal!!!  He will also offer this special to other
models from Kawasaki too for june and July ONLY!

Jump on this folks...
I think there is going to  be a price increase August 1st

follow the instructions:

$339.00 FROM MY FRIENDS AT ULTIMATE CYCLE:

"Hi  Rich,
Thanks for your help. Kawasaki will send out the gtpp policy and we will
send via us-mail the paid receipt showing purchase date of the product.

PRIOR TO CALLING: Here is what I need to know from each one via e-mail. Getting this
information over the phone causes too many mistakes. However, for those that
do not wish to transmit their credit cards electronically,
they may call in*** their cc # to 804-330-4800 and my extension is 110. ***  "

Email to:    sales(at)UltimateCycle(dot)NET 
remove the (at) and (dot), and do symbols.....

*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*Year , make , model , color:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit card type - MC/Visa/Amex:
***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:
***Sec Code on back of card (front for Amex):

We will charge the $339.00 to their card and send the credit card receipt
and invoice to the listed address. We will electronically register the GTPP
which will take effect 10 days after we register. We do register daily, so
there is no delay at all.

Also, we will beat any deal on new Concours'
Thanks again,
Pete

these are my pals here in Richmond
Ultimate Cycle
8321 Midlothian Tpk.
Richmond, Va 23235

www.ultimateCycle.net

NOTE: THIS OFFER APPLIES TO OWNERS IN THE CONTINENTAL U.S.A. ONLY, AND EXCLUDES FLORIDA RESIDENTS BY FLORIDA LAW.

ALSO NOTE, THIS OFFER IS ONLY VALID WHEN PURCHASED OVER THE INTERNET, OR SPEAKING PERSONALLY TO PETE DANIALS DIRECTLY VIA TELEPHONE....

I have to admit, and with great sincerity to my club, all i did was contact my dealer and open a portal...
I have a great sense of ownership when a dealer steps up, and sticks his neck on the line, especially when he trusts my (past/current) position with the group... I can only thank him greatly, and assure him that his effort, and generosity to our group, will be returned tenfold in response by us as  a whole... that my friends is all I can do.
my desire to find an outlet that will give me what I consider an acceptable outlet for what we need, as a group, has been shared. grab it up, and best wishes to y'all, I hope to see you on the road...

oh yeah, if you are in the neighborhood, stop in there and thank Pete man to man, shake his hand, and introduce youself as a true COG'r..... that's what WE do...spread the word.
and again to coin a phrase I wrote a few times..."here's the free prize, in every box..."

note: I've had this posted on "the other site" for years, to compile a database of peoples and questions/answers, this was all lost in the transition, but I have retained much of it.
I'm posting it here now to make sure I can share this for as long as my pal Pete continues to offer it.... I believe at last count he has provided over 150 of us with this great price.
ref:
http://zggtr.org/index.php?topic=225.0

UPDATED 3/28/2012
I will add, In conversation today, Pete has specifically told me that IF you bought the bike NEW, and are THE ORIGINAL OWNER who ALREADY HAS a GTPP in effect, HE CAN and WILL be able to add additional time for the additional costs, another 36 months, but I think it is a few bucks more....still cheap.!!!!!

Why is Florida excluded in this great offer. Is it because we can rack up more miles than most because of all year riding availability?

RoadRocket said:
Why is Florida excluded in this great offer. Is it because we can rack up more miles than most because of all year riding availability?

Because of FL laws.

In FL, it's considered an insurance policy and therefore the seller has to be a licensed insurance agent in the state of FL.

Egodriver71 said:
RoadRocket said:

Because of FL laws.

In FL, it's considered an insurance policy and therefore the seller has to be a licensed insurance agent in the state of FL.
Thanks for the feedback

I e-mailed Pete on Monday 5-13-13. He called for payment info. on Wed. the 15th.  Warranty info. was updated to Kawasaki on Thur. the 16th. Received paperwork in the mail on Fri. the 17th.  WOW!! DONE DEAL!!!  I had to post this to keep this thread alive. 

Pete is very efficient! A called a few days ago and received the paperwork today. Excellent deal that has me covered through 2018. One repair and this thing has paid for itself.
Thanks for setting this up for us all!!  :beerchug:

Got confirmation from Kawasaki welcoming me to the plan. Just beautiful!

Looper, Offer is still good. I just bought 3 more years for my '08  2 hours ago.

Gray,  coming through loud & clear.

I get to test mine. The day before leaving for Idaho Falls, I discovered a final drive leak. I called the dealer there in Idaho Falls and I wasn't comfortable with the answers to my questions. One thing I was told was they did not honor in house warranties. I told them if they pulled up my VIN they would see I have an extended warranty.

I just didn't care for the answers and wasn't sure I wanted to go several hundred miles with a leaky final drive. So I borrowed a bike to go to Idaho Falls. This was a mistake but another story.

This coming Friday I'm trailering my 14 to the closet dealer and leaving it for a week and a half. They will fix my final drive under warranty.

The seal that is leaking is the large rubber one which seals the spline drive. I looked in the service manual to see if I could change this $20.00 seal myself. If I didn't have the extended warranty, I might have attempted to change it but you get to mess with things I'm not so sure I want to mess with.  For example, the book says to heat the plate the seal fits into in oil prior to seal installation so the plate doesn't warp. No direct heat.  TimR

Update #2. Got a call from the dealer yesterday saying parts is on order and they expect to have the bike done next week. Which is good. I bring the old gal home get one last ride and then winterize.

I'm having shoulder surgery on the 27Th and won't be riding for awhile. 

I sent off an email about this the middle of last week, have not heard anything yet.  In general how long did it take for you guys to get a call?  I don't want to unnecessarily pester this fellow before I follow up with a second email.

I sent my info out yesterday, the prev warranty on my Connie expired a few weeks ago, haven't heard back yet but it may be too soon. I hope the offer is still good...otherwise i just gave away my financial info!  :-\

sending an e-mail a week after it expires is not the wisest thing to expect to come out well....
::)
as for the preferred method, reading and following the first post, exactly, tends to be the way to go.

I personally just pick up the phone and call, it's the only way to make sure....
oh, they are not open on Mondays, so if you leave a messege, re-call them.

To update this I spoke with Mr. Daniesl today.  The error was mine as I had added an extra symbol on the email address.  Oddly it didn't get kicked back to me.  Email resent, card info given and it sounds as if we are good to go.  What a great deal and a very nice guy to do business with.

MAN OF BLUES said:
sending an e-mail a week after it expires is not the wisest thing to expect to come out well....
as for the preferred method, reading and following the first post, exactly, tends to be the way to go.

I personally just pick up the phone and call, it's the only way to make sure....

I am not the wisest in the herd , thanks for pointing that out! I thought my current warranty expired in Sept but alas it was dated in August...hopefully I can renew it without any problems...

I did read your initial post and followed the instructions, thank you for the details...i copied your text and filled in my info on each line so i'm sure it's complete.
*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:

If I don't hear anything in the next day or two i'll take your advice and call. Thanks again.

SugarRay said:
MAN OF BLUES said:

I am not the wisest in the herd , thanks for pointing that out! I thought my current warranty expired in Sept but alas it was dated in August...hopefully I can renew it without any problems...

I did read your initial post and followed the instructions, thank you for the details...i copied your text and filled in my info on each line so i'm sure it's complete.
*Registered Name:
*Address:
*City:
*State:
*Zip code:
*Phone:
*VIN#:
*Current mileage:

***Credit Card #:
***Expiration Date:

If I don't hear anything in the next day or two i'll take your advice and call. Thanks again.

best of luck, You should have called him....
:popcorncouple: :pokestick:

Joe S. said:
To update this I spoke with Mr. Daniesl today.  The error was mine as I had added an extra symbol on the email address.  Oddly it didn't get kicked back to me.  Email resent, card info given and it sounds as if we are good to go.  What a great deal and a very nice guy to do business with.

good to hear, calling him personally gets it done.
:13: :08:

As some of you my know, I discovered my final drive leaking the afternoon before I was leaving for Idaho Falls. My 14 did not make the trip.

When I got back from the outstanding National Rally, I got a hold of the nearest dealer to me and gave them my 09 for a week and a half.

Went and picked her up yesterday and the final drive is now dry not leaving a spot on the garage floor or a mess on the wheel and at no cost to me. No fuss no muss. It was a $20.00 seal which seals the spline drive.

So....Thanks to BDF for his talking a friend into providing us with an extended warranty at a reasonable cost.

:)

MAN OF BLUES said:
TimR said:

So....Thanks to BDF for his talking a friend into providing us with an extended warranty at a reasonable cost.

:)

UH ::)
you are welcome..... but I ain't BDF :-[

BDF MOB too confusing.  Anyway, your getting it set up is much appreciated, its kind of a BFD. :))

To update, the paperwork on this arrived on 9/30 so its good to go till 2018.  Very good service, well worth taking advantage of IMO.