• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Guhl reflash WOW!

hayeshfc

Just got my ECU reflashed - WOW is not a good enough word - neck-snapping grunt at 3Krpm and the ramp to 7K and beyond is magnificent - Kawasaki should have done this (or provided an option to load it) from the beginning. There is a pretty steep hill just up from my house - I get the same speed increase in 3rd gear at 3K that I did in 2nd gear at 4.5K!

The new map included programming for an aftermarket pipe (in my case a TBR slipon) and has completely stopped decel popping.

With traction control off power wheelies are a regular event!

The money saved in front tire wear will undoubtebly be spent in fork seals and rear tires....

I only have a few miles on it but will put on more than 1K in the next week - will check back in afterwards.

Sweet.....I love it also. But I didn't realize TC had such an impact...I'll have to give it a try during the week.

2: Contact Guhi for a time to send the ECU to them.
3: Pull the ECU and send it to them with $375.
4: Wait a couple of days and then enjoy.

Glad to hear you like it.  The reflash really does wonders for the low end torque. It basically makes the bike feel like it is in one gear lower than it is.

mcrider007 said:
Does this mean that the ECON mode still gets better fuel mileage than the Guhl reflashed normal mode?

The Economy mode still gets better mileage, but it is not as significant of a difference. I believe someone already posted gas mileage results with the Guhl reflash in both normal and economy modes. On my bike the Economy mode used to provide a gain of about 5-6mpg. Now the gain is only 3-4 mpg at best when in Economy mode.

Here is the thread Bob posted on gas mileage after the reflash.

http://forum.cog-online.org/index.php/topic,28780.msg123468.html#msg123468

Is there a program for factory exhaust or is it the same? How about going to ZX14 duals or do you know?

Sounds really interesting!