• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

H2 SX

risgett

Moped
I was in Daytona last week for Bike week and went to the speedway to check out all the new stuff.  It was the first time seeing the H2 SX in person and I thought I would share my feelings about it.  It's a good looking bike, lighter weight than the Connie(100lbs maybe?) and did I mention 200HP and 101lb/ft?.  Among other things it has Cruise control, launch control and a more sophisticated traction control.  It seems to lean more towards sport than touring and I did not find it very comfortable for a tourer.  Although the engine strokes the Horsepower junkie part of my brain, I don't see ever trading my Connie on one.  Too expensive and not comfy enough(The seating position reminded me of my 07 vfr800).  Even if money were no object, I would keep my Connie and buy a regular H2 to act like a Hooligan on.  Again, this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary.  I'm curious to see others opinion on it.

That is why I have 2 bikes, a 10' C14 and 13' ZX14r.  I made the ZX14r into a sport tourer, it has 192 rear wheel hp, and 113 ft. lbs. torque and is smooth.  I was thinking about an H2 SX also but I don't think it would be enough difference from my ZX14r.  I ride the C14 the most because it is the most comfortable and does more things better.  The right tool for the job.

ZX14R Wheelbase: 58.4 in.
H2 SX Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
ZX 14R Curb Weight: 584.3 lbs
H2 SX Curb Weight 573.3 lbs

I'm surprised at these numbers.  always looked at the 14 as a long slow-turning bike compared to "sport".

According to Kawasaki, curb weight on the H2 SX is 564.5 lbs, with 90% full tank. Still, it seems heavy to me.

It was lighter before they beefed the shit out of the rear sub-frame to accommodate a masochist and luggage. (See: H2)

motorcycle.com gave it a great review but I was disappointed to see the dyno #'s of 172/90...  somebody has to convince all the reviewers to test the concours with a Shoodeben flash

I've already drank the Kool-Aid. My SX SE should be in my local dealer the 1st week of April. Mine all mine! Deposit already made.