• Can't post after logging to the forum for the first time... Try Again - If you can't post in the forum, sign out of both the membership site and the forum and log in again. Make sure your COG membership is active and your browser allow cookies. If you still can't post, contact the COG IT guy at IT@Concours.org.
  • IF YOU GET 404 ERROR: This may be due to using a link in a post from prior to the web migration. Content was brought over from the old forum as is, but the links may be in error. If the link contains "cog-online.org" it is an old link and will not work.

Handle Bar Extenders

yojohnnieg

Tricycle
I just removed the murph extenders i used them for a 100 miles or so.. I felt cramped in my shoulders and arms.. I prefer the stock length which my arms are allmost fully extended.. Has anyone else experienced this?

My exact opposite experience.  I get a cramp between my shoulders without the bar risers.

johnnieg said:
I just removed the murph extenders i used them for a 100 miles or so.. I felt cramped in my shoulders and arms.. I prefer the stock length which my arms are allmost fully extended.. Has anyone else experienced this?

I found this to be true for me (between the shoulder blades). But only on long days in the saddle. On short rides they tend to be more comfy. But then I really liked the bike when I removed them upon trade in because it felt livelier again with the sharper handling. So I don't know if I would install them again or not if I acquired another new C14? I guess I would run them a few days. Then take them off for a few days and see how they feel!  :D

johnnieg said:

I did the same thing.  Thank goodness Murph's gave me a full refund.  I always check their website first for stuff I need for my C-14.
At six feet I guess I'm average size, the one change in fitment I made to my '08 was a Sargent seat with leather cover.